Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Enter the password in global.ini without <> signs
And
Acc_DBServer = (local)\SQLEXPRESS.

Where SQLEXPRESS - the name of the database engine that you wrote when installing the server

and when connecting to the server via SSMS you need to use
Compute name\SQLEXPRESS
eg:
DESKTOP-MOOR1KO\SQLEXPRESS
where DESKTOP-MOOR1KO is the name of my computer

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have set up this server so many times now with different computers but somehow I got stuck this time.

Coenx - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums

Account and PlayerCenter get online after a few minutes but seem not to work because login isnt possible. If I remember correctly even when Datacenter wasnt online you were able to login. It gets stuck when loading character data then.

The only things I am doing different is not installing the server on C drive but instead on E drive. I have changed all global.ini files like this:

Code:
;Resource pathDataPath                = "E:\Runewaker\Resource"
ResourcePath            = "E:\Runewaker\Resource"
LuaPath                    = "E:\Runewaker\Resource\LuaScript"

Do I need to change something else to E?

Additionally I am running SQL Server 2017 and the newest Management studio. Could this make any difference?

Thanks in advance

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are launching behind a router than you will need to grab the proper exe files for the switch and proxy of the server version you are running... they are in the forum somewhere

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I never had problems with that. Always used the files which could be downloaded in the first post. In fact nothing has changed, just trying to set it up as before and failing somewhere.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

After a lot of trial and error, I got stuck in this part, this is what the server monitor shows,

screen 1 - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums

I can even get into the servers list...

screen 2 - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums

My guess is it has to do with the global.ini file, can anyone share me theirs so I can compare it with mine.

Any other tips would be apreciated!

Thanks.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe someone can give me some pointers on getting this to work on my LAN. I have searched and tried a TON of ip configurations in the global ini files. But frankly I am stumped on it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Won't find this kinda help here. Just do a quick browse through this thread and you get a good impression on how good debugging stuff works here. Just a lot of people who claim that they followed the guide and it just works.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

After a lot of trial and error, I got stuck in this part, this is what the server monitor shows,

View attachment 166440

I can even get into the servers list...

View attachment 166439

My guess is it has to do with the global.ini file, can anyone share me theirs so I can compare it with mine.

Any other tips would be apreciated!

Thanks.

did you copy over your fdb and wdb to runwaker folder ?

demen302

Do your tests again but this time DMZ your router if you have one ... or turn off fire wall til you get it connected ...after make sure you put them back on and open the ports you need....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I get the same issue as jajaopil when connecting from the LAN, but it works when I run it from the server. The client files were copied from the server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
does not continue. is there anyone to help?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I just cant..

hier ist the pictures of it.. I just did everythings i read here.

any advice or help ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
any advice or help ?

This guide here shouldn't be used anymore because it's extremely lacking and relies on outdated software. You should take a look at the new guide pinned on top of the Tutorials section. It covers a lot more not mentioned in this one here at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get On:Connect failed code, anyone knows how to solve it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope some people are still looking at this thread. I followed the guide and got the server up and running after a few small hurdles (thank you very much). I then got the client up and running on the same PC as the Server. Everything seems to be working fine and I have leveled a few characters. However, I have a friend that comes by a couple of times a week and I was wanting to play together on my LAN. I loaded the client onto two machines (one win7 and one win10). I turned off the firewalls on all machines (LAN side). I copied the RuneDev.ini with the IP changed to reflect my LAN Server PCs IP to each of the clients on the other two machines. One both the Win10 and Win7 machines, the client fails after entering the login information. It says "Connection lost. Check your firewall......". The Login accounts are fine when I use the client on the same PC as the Server. I seem to be missing something simple but I have not been able to see it. I have triple and quadruple checked my typing and everything seems to look fine. The only thing in the RuneDev.ini is to change the IP to a 192.168.1.xxx. If anyone has any suggestions on what else to try, I would appreciate it. I went through almost all of the material in the RoM forum but did not see an answer. Years ago, I had set up and EQ server and a WoW server and was able to play them over the LAN. I am just not seeing what I have missed this time. Thank you in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope some people are still looking at this thread. I followed the guide and got the server up and running after a few small hurdles (thank you very much). I then got the client up and running on the same PC as the Server. Everything seems to be working fine and I have leveled a few characters. However, I have a friend that comes by a couple of times a week and I was wanting to play together on my LAN. I loaded the client onto two machines (one win7 and one win10). I turned off the firewalls on all machines (LAN side). I copied the RuneDev.ini with the IP changed to reflect my LAN Server PCs IP to each of the clients on the other two machines. One both the Win10 and Win7 machines, the client fails after entering the login information. It says "Connection lost. Check your firewall......". The Login accounts are fine when I use the client on the same PC as the Server. I seem to be missing something simple but I have not been able to see it. I have triple and quadruple checked my typing and everything seems to look fine. The only thing in the RuneDev.ini is to change the IP to a 192.168.1.xxx. If anyone has any suggestions on what else to try, I would appreciate it. I went through almost all of the material in the RoM forum but did not see an answer. Years ago, I had set up and EQ server and a WoW server and was able to play them over the LAN. I am just not seeing what I have missed this time. Thank you in advance.

You have to update your update.inf file in the client folder. Open the archive with 7zip and modify the serverlist_enus.ini (Password is tarubK2Vy5gT8Xo6) or whichever server type you use. Also change the IP on the server global.ini from 127.0.0.1 to your server internal IP.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've said it before but I will repeat it again:

This guide is outdated, extremely lacking and should not be used by anyone anymore. There is more updated and detailed information available in this section.

It would be best if a mod could close this thread for good or move it to a forum archive.

Back