Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Zone 1 is Human Starter Zone
Zone 2 Silver Spring
Zone 12 Elf Island
Zone 31 Dwarf Starter Zone
Zone 400 House
Zone 401 Guild Castle.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Is it possible to acticate Events like the christmas Event ? I have read something in the forums from an update.inf, but not sure what to change.

At least its cool to play around a bit with a server, but at the end kinda useless because you're alone. But nevertheless nice to have a look how it works in the background.

And i still wonder, what you need as server to run it smoothly. I just started all zones for fun purposes, and when half of the maps were startet i couldn't play anymore ^^ Is it just RoM with bad programming who needs those resources or do other servers need that aswell ? At least the Client of RoM is very bad programmed. Runewaker was never able to fix that crit problem.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, it's possible. Client-side - update.inf, server-side - disabledtag_*.ini from data.fdb.
As for alone - it still possible to get server online and working good solo-duo(but would take alot of time or wouldn't have big online).
As for smoothly - yep, ROM is bad-optimized game. Each locations get approx. 800-1.2GB+- memory, so all runned locations + bg + main servers would take smth. like 150+ GB of RAM. BTW, virtual memory is good choice for ROM, if exclude disk and CPU rape(but still work more or less good on system with "low" memory(like 24+GB)).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The server is ok the game is funny, but i have this problem when i created character all is good, but when i put off the server and back online the lvl of mi character reset to lvl 1, the items are in the bag but the lvl reset, i be searching for a answer but don't see nothing about this issue, any one know why i have this problem?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yep, it's possible. Client-side - update.inf, server-side - disabledtag_*.ini from data.fdb.

I opened Update.inf, but it looks very cryptic to me. Any further hints what to change, f. e. for the christmas event ?

Ok, found this Thread

https://forum.ragezone.com/f886/tut-festival-event-change-1051718/

Will test if it works for me.

Ok, managed to get the winter festival to run. Different graphics are missing like the christmas trees, but NPs like Donichuka are there. Nice.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for update.inf, it's rar or zip archive(not sure). Password is tarubK2Vy5gT8Xo6 (got from ).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yepp, thx found it and works.

But i have another problem: I have GM managebrights (12). I can give me 1kkk gold, give every item, and also can give me 11kk Dias. But the setvalue command isnt working anymore. Can't do ? setvalue lv 10 or ? setvalue INT 500. Strange thing, someone knows the problem about it ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Strange thing is, on my first server it worked out of the box. I dont even had to write the "12" in SQL. But i will try 13 this evening. Thx man.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Np. Also, you can try to do same thing using scripts(? pcall FUNCTION_TO_DO_SOME_STREET_MAGIC).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i execute a query in the NewShopInfo table to add an item in the itemshop, it wont be in it, i have restart the server but it didnt work, the item is not in the itemshop

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re Read the install guide and read follow on posts in this thread, your problem is the same as numerous other people (including myself when I started). Your answer is in there.

-- Password Problem --

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i execute a query in the NewShopInfo table to add an item in the itemshop, it wont be in it, i have restart the server but it didnt work, the item is not in the itemshop

If you add non-shop item, you would need to "pack" it to gasha.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you add non-shop item, you would need to "pack" it to gasha.

I added only Shop-Items, i have packed it into a bag in the shop. i would make a itempackage with some items from the itemshop in one pack

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to clone existing item and look, if it would be displayed correctly. If yes - seems you miss something with those new items.
Also, when you add few items per pack, you would need to set not only item ids, but counts, drop chance etc too(not sure, which fields especially).
Also, compare your World fields with existing, if it would be wrong, you wouldn't see items too.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Item_DisplayerObjID - gasha id(just find it in ItemPreview).
Sell_Cost_Bonus/Sell_Get_Bonus - ruby cost/bonus)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re Read the install guide and read follow on posts in this thread, your problem is the same as numerous other people (including myself when I started). Your answer is in there.

-- Password Problem --

I have this problem too:
"DBTransferClass Connect Error"

I can connect successfully with "romuser" with Management Studio I also checked several times the Password encode.
In the Managment Studio i connect to the server "LEGION-PC" so tried in the Global.ini

(local)
LEGION-PC &
(local)\LEGION-PC

But i get always the "DBTransferClass Connect Error"

Back