Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Launching server under routers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, there`s no good way to make RoM server accept clients from external network unless you don`t use routers. Of course, you can use Hamachi or some kind of VPN, but that`s not very convinient. I`ve recompiled Switch and Proxy servers, so that now they listen to 0.0.0.0 IP (so they will accept any client) instead of external ip written in your Global.ini. However, to make client know, where to connect to a switch and a proxy servers, they both send their external IP from global.ini to ServerList, the server list in it`s turn send this info to client.

So, the instrustion to make things work:
  1. Make backups for you Switch.exe and Proxy.exe
  2. Download and extract my files instead of that 2 exe`s ( )
  3. Specify your external IP for SwitchIP_Outside and ProxyIP_Outside fields in Global.ini.
  4. Set ServerListIP_Outside to either 0.0.0.0 or your server`s local IP (192.168.xxx.xxx usualy). It seams like it`s not used for anything except binding the TCP socket.
  5. Make sure your router is configured in a right way. You need all 3 ports (21002, 16401, 16402, all of them are TCP) to be forwarded from any external connection to your server(s)
  6. Make sure your antivirus and firewall are not blocking connections to these ports. You may turn them off, or just "open" ports there.
That`s all with installation. Now you can launch server and anybody should be able to connect.

You can test your ports using services like . You need all of 3 ports to be avaliable for external connection. Also you may use apps like WireShark, capturing connection process should look like your machine connectiong to right external IPs for all of 3 ports. If you see there a target IP = server`s local IP, and dest. port is one of that 3 ports - there`s an error somewhere. Either mine or yours

Note!!!!
*) I can`t say I`ve tested them much. They work for me, but as soon as I`ve recompiled that apps they may contain some errors. I`m not sure at all if I can fix any of them, if there`re any, that`s why you should keep your backups.
*) I don`t realy want to help anyone with configuring particular hardware, unless you`d like to pay for that :w00t:. Just because I don`t know all/any of the your particular hardware`s features, also I`m not an engineer nor a proffesional administrator. As for software problems, you are free to ask, but I have written above the situation.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, there`s no good way to make RoM server accept clients from external network unless you don`t use routers. Of course, you can use Hamachi or some kind of VPN, but that`s not very convinient. I`ve recompiled Switch and Proxy servers, so that now they listen to 0.0.0.0 IP (so they will accept any client) instead of external ip written in your Global.ini. However, to make client know, where to connect to a switch and a proxy servers, they both send their external IP from global.ini to ServerList, the server list in it`s turn send this info to client.
Hey Munky,

thanx for files. For me this is not working. :-(

Switch and Proxy will nor start....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Munky,

thanx for files. For me this is not working. :-(

Switch and Proxy will nor start....

Do 6.2.1 server files start at your computer?
I use 6.0.7 bins + these two. I`ve recompiled the 6.2.1 sources

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess the 6.2.1 sources and files were never shared on this forum, were they?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I forgot, may be you missing redistributables for 2013 studio

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I forgot, may be you missing redistributables for 2013 studio

I installed these files....when I will starting switch or proxy.exe:

MunkyCS - Launching server under routers - RaGEZONE Forums

K32GetProcessMemoryInfo was not found in KERNEL32.dll....?!?!?!?!????????

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: Switch.exe
Anwendungsversion: 1.0.0.1
Anwendungszeitstempel: 55938432
Fehlermodulname: KERNEL32.dll!K32GetProcessMemoryInfo
Fehlermodulversion: 6.0.6002.19346
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 55024102
Ausnahmecode: c0000139
Ausnahmeoffset: 0006f49f
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.400.8
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 9d13
Zusatzinformation 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Zusatzinformation 3: 9d13
Zusatzinformation 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I installed these files....when I will starting switch or proxy.exe:

K32GetProcessMemoryInfo was not found in KERNEL32.dll....?!?!?!?!????????
What OS version do you have?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for guide, but, i have a question:
I can't connect to my server, but the other people can. What to do?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for guide, but, i have a question:
I can't connect to my server, but the other people can. What to do?
Check following:
- RuneDev.ini: IP == your server`s external IP.
- Global.ini: ServerList_Outer = 0.0.0.0
- All instructions assuming you haven`t changed any of default ports in any of configs.

To be honest I haven`t tried to connect to my server from the same machine after using recompiled servers, however that should obviousely work, unless you specified ServerList_OuterIP = 192.168.xxx.xxx and 127.0.0.1 or localhost in RuneDev.ini - in this case packets from client will not go through your netowrk and router too, because localhost is loopback, so it would not change it`s target IP. It will be still 127.0.0.1, while server waits for 192.168.xxx.xxx. In this case just use 0.0.0.0 in Global.ini for ServerList_OuterIP, OR specify your external IP in RuneDev.ini. The first variant should work anyway.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i tried, but, i can connect only to serverlist. (only if in my runedev.ini 192.168.0.185)
if i wrote in my runedev.ini external ip, i can't connect to serverlist :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damn this is finally something worth while, i knew there was a problem with something, never had some much trouble putting a server to public..
Awesome work man. many many thanx. finally something that actually works.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there anything else needed for this to work. I swapped over the exe's and they don't turn green, and there is no logs saying what they are trying to do. Once attempting to start they will not close down. I install the package suggested too. No change.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
MunkyCS when you get available time again, can you see what you can do to make this work with windows 8.1
I cant get it working. In Server Controller the status never goes green, it stays orange.

And those who have this working can you please say which Operating System you have.
Ive seen it working on Win7 64bit.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wonder what my problem is then.

Ive ditched win8.1 for now and using Server 2012. Just have to get the hang of that OS now.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MunkyCS when you get available time again, can you see what you can do to make this work with windows 8.1
I cant get it working. In Server Controller the status never goes green, it stays orange.

And those who have this working can you please say which Operating System you have.
Ive seen it working on Win7 64bit.

i'm on win7 64bit and same problem, it stays orange. tryed both 0.0.0.0 and local ip, firewall even completely off.
do you have to edite only the global.ini in the service folder or the other 2 aswell?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did get it going, try the 32bit version VB package.

Back