Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Shield Form - Fix/Hack/Botch Up.. What ever you call it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So we will come across from time to time a char/toon that can not get shield form. There is two things we can do. First is hack the script that the NPC with shield form quest uses. Second is set a flag.

First option is editing some code in c:\runewaker\resource\2584.lua
On line 70 the original code is :
Code:
    if ReadRoleValue(TID,EM_RoleValue_OrgID)==120245 and DrawfRace ==2 and job==10 and CheckFlag(OID,546211)==false and CheckCompleteQuest(OID,425071)==true then

What we do is remove the restrictions from that npc to allow shield form to be completed by who ever talks to the NPC. So change the code to :
Code:
    if ReadRoleValue(TID,EM_RoleValue_OrgID)==120245 then -- and DrawfRace ==2 and job==10 and CheckFlag(OID,546211)==false and CheckCompleteQuest(OID,425071)==true then

The 2nd option will only work if you are a GM that can execute code with ? pcall
When I learn how to make my own quest npc we can make this work for everyone.

But what I did was edit 0002.lua and added my own function after the function that was in that script:

Code:
function DrewwwDaMan()
 local Player = OwnerID()
 SetFlag( Player , 546241 , 1 )
end

Once a player has this Flag #546241 he/she can do all the drawf race quests. Some quests check your race most don't. Those quests that don't check you can now do, as for rest, change race to dwarf.

You can test this above, make new char/toon as human or elf, port it to dwarf zone, attempt to do quest chain. You find you can only do 1 quest and it stops. So then you need to execute the above function to enable the quest chain. /gm ? pcall DrewwwDaMan
Now you have the flag, the quests become available.

<-- click like if this helps you

Last edited:
Back