Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Toon Wont Log in, player center reports Serial Code problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Come across this by accident, might be worth putting here.

If you manual modify someones diamonds, rubys or gold in the database you can make and will most likely get an error trying to load a toon, like its stuck at the login screen.

Well PlayerCenter was showing me this error about serial number mismatch after I made the problem for myself resetting everyone Gold, Rubys, Dias, and other Coins like Shells etc to Zero.

My fix was to set the ROM_World dbo.RoleData [SerialCode] [SerialCode1] and [SerialCode_All] to Zero. After that the toon was able to log in again.

This may work for other reason where a toon wont log in. But make a backup of the database before experimenting.

This little code will reset the SerialCodes for the toon with a DBID of 122

USE ROM_World
GO
UPDATE dbo.RoleData
SET SerialCode = 0 where DBID = 122
GO
UPDATE dbo.RoleData where DBID = 122
SET SerialCode1 = 0
GO
SET SerialCode_All = 0
GO

If you screwed the whole database of toons like I did so no one could log in then remove the 'where DBID = 122

This worked for me, may or may not work for you. Future logins from the toon showed no more error message after running that SQL script.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, it's nice trick, got this error some times(especially when gold-hack had been used on eu or ru servers XDD). Nice to know)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Come across this by accident, might be worth putting here.

If you manual modify someones diamonds, rubys or gold in the database you can make and will most likely get an error trying to load a toon, like its stuck at the login screen.

Well PlayerCenter was showing me this error about serial number mismatch after I made the problem for myself resetting everyone Gold, Rubys, Dias, and other Coins like Shells etc to Zero.

My fix was to set the ROM_World dbo.RoleData [SerialCode] [SerialCode1] and [SerialCode_All] to Zero. After that the toon was able to log in again.

This may work for other reason where a toon wont log in. But make a backup of the database before experimenting.

This little code will reset the SerialCodes for the toon with a DBID of 122

USE ROM_World
GO
UPDATE dbo.RoleData
SET SerialCode = 0 where DBID = 122
GO
SET SerialCode1 = 0
GO
SET SerialCode_All = 0
GO

If you screwed the whole database of toons like I did so no one could log in then remove the 'where DBID = 122

This worked for me, may or may not work for you. Future logins from the toon showed no more error message after running that SQL script.

Just wanted to send a quick Thank you! That just saved my DB! Setting SerialCode, SerialCode1, SerialCode_All = 0, brought all accounts back online. Everyone was stuck at the Character Select -> "Enter World" did nothing. The Packet captures said Money Checksum err. But the lua code and associated DB did not list checksum. Thank you again.

Back