Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Backedup database for server upgrade. Client cant login

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Replacing old (working) server with newer one.

Setup blank db on new server, config works, client works, realm functions.

Made multiple backups of working database no errors

Restored multiple backups (in different attempts)

RAServerMonitor is happy, all green for Master and Common, and Zones are running

Client = Connection lost check your firewall settings

Client = Same error even if I give it invalid login data.

Client = No delay, instant error.

Global has same SQL login info as old server

MSSQL has same login info as old server

This leads me to suspect database problem.

I am curious if this has something to do with mssql itself, perhaps a SID issue?

EDIT -- I further believe this is an SID issue.

romuser is listed as the database owner, but has no permissions.

I cannot assign romuser permissions as it is listed as the database owner.

romuser is a has been made a sysadmin and shouldnt need permissions to do anything.

Ok so its sorted and working. I ported my backup from server A, to server B, and its running. I had to fix permissions on the new database. my 'romuser' was not the 'romuser' who created the database on server A, where the database originated. I had to go to the logins table of rom_account and allow romuser to access all permissions. So far, I have not had to do the others, Hope this helps someone.

MODERATORS: This thread is solved, please feel free to delete, or lock if you feel the information worth keeping! Thanks!!

Back