Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any repack?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Both 6.0.7 and 6.4.2 are down and the 6.0.7 guide has a bunch of false information that never got fixed or edited. Following that to the letter is impossible because it has exactly 0% troubleshooting about any common problems that users might encounter.

Is there a repack of either those versions or a more updated one with server files, databases and client all ready to start up? With a few lines telling which MSSQL version is needed and where the databases go?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i guess your not reading it correctly because i had no issues using that guide with the fix table guide i created to get it all running 100% ..... It may not have the full maps loaded with 6.4.2 since its mixed with 6.07 but its working 6.4.2 files .........

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ya think? Explain this part then:

To generate a secret code execute below command in a command line. "C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\PlayerCenter.ini" "playercenter.ini"

Which directory is the cmd opened in?
Why can't it open ini with an ini file?

Create accounts and databases. For all steps use SQL Server Management Studio.

Which version exactly?
What MSSQL instance configuration? RoM might have to rely on different settings than other games that require SSMS.

5.1. Run "RAServerController.exe" service
5.2. Run "RAServerMonitor.exe" and start everything from "Common" and "Service" sections.

What if the service is already running after installation? Is that supposed to happen? Did the installation perhaps fail in some way?
What if the server monitor shows nothing in Common, Service or Zones? Again: 0% troubleshooting.

Many steps are easy to read indeed but as you can see, there are some crucial points that had to be asked and maybe answered on some random of the 31 pages. And because almost no one there can properly describe a problem, even searching the thread becomes annoying if there's a user reporting the very same problem you have with words like "ned help fix this pls" while posting a screenshot.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok lets start by pickng this post apart.....

To generate a secret code execute below command in a command line. "C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\PlayerCenter.ini" "playercenter.ini"

make a file does not matter where (I made mine inside Realm_01_Service folder) name it what ever you like your only going to use it once .... for this example il name it steve

. Replace a "<PROCESS_KEY>" text in the "PlayerCenter.ini" file located in folder "Realm_01_Service" by encoded secret code.

to get the secret code you need to make that file Steve.txt once you have made it open it and paste this in it
Code:
Start PlayerCenter.exe PlayerCenter.ini

Now rename steve.txt to steve.bat. once you have done that click it like your running a program it will give your pc code you need WRITE this down on a text file mine was (This is your secret code----> ) 800f82.100800.9ed5684b.8bfbff.

yours will look the same some what .... go into tools and run the program, RAPasswordEncode

Insert the secret code to a password field and "runewaker" to an account field (without quotation marks). Press "Generator" button. Replace a "<PROCESS_KEY>" text in the "PlayerCenter.ini" file. Your ready to start the sql side.

Exactly what the GUIDE SAYS.........

as for Ms sql any version should work how ever i use "Microsoft.SQL.Server.2012.Standard.Edition.SP3"
MSSql is just that no matter what Version....

What if the service is already running after installation?
installation should have been installed inside your Runewaker folder on C drive, if its running Great thats what you want...

Did the installation perhaps fail in some way?
Did it give you a error msg ???

What if the server monitor shows nothing in Common, Service or Zones?
Then you did not follow it correctly, but look at it this way if you try to installed 20 times and you dont get it working ...at least your learning Ms sql little bit of code ... But you will get there ... ask me question here ill answer them the best way i can for you so you understand them .....

CDWriter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you read the guide thread yourself, you will encounter a lot of people who followed it to the letter and still didn't get the server working. That guide is flawed. Your instructions regarding playercenter.ini should be in there because they are a lot more descriptive and therefore, fail-safe.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The Guide may be a bit unclear sometimes, but if you read through the thread all questions to get 6.0.7 working are answered. If your Server Monitor is empty you did something wrong, not the guide.

This is for 6.0.7. If you want to get 6.4.2 Version running it gets a bit more complicated because you need extra SQL lines to put into the code.

It needed some time for me to get 6.4.2 running with all instances and maps before Tasuq, and i even was afraid to install my OS again and install all new incl SQL, but it works. Thanks to the people helping me with some more complicated questions (which afterwards seem clear to me).

I'm not doing anything the last couple of weeks with my server, but its because i'm using it alone. I had some really greati time a couple of years ago on official servers.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The problem is that expecting someone to read through 300 posts to solve an issue that could just as well be listed in the first post as a FAQ or a seperate thread is plain stupid. Most of the thread is a mess of guesswork, broken phrasing and generally nigh impossible to understand posts.

Normally, my main game is Aion. And not only does the Aion section here have actually understandable guides but the 4.7.5.X one especially is a lot better sorted and more descriptive than the mess we have in this section here. The 6.0.7 guide gives almost no info on how things should look/behave like or not, what common issues can happen, how to fix them, etc. (i.e. no zones which was reported countless times in that thread).

i even was afraid to install my OS again and install all new incl SQL
That shouldn't even happen with proper information beforehand. If you hand someone a chainsaw, you don't just say "push the button and go"

But if there are no working 6.4.2 files including client available, it's pointless to discuss this any further. The guide doesn't even specify which SQL version and instance settings you need. I had to try like 4 installations until one of them randomly worked for whatever unknown reasons. With the others, the server couldn't find its own database (i.e. empty zones/services/common).

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not to be rude but, how about instead of complaining about the available guide... read through the thread and gather all the necessary information and make a guide to contribute to the community...

Complaining about something you do not contribute to does not carry any weight in this forum. Being a part of the community and solely making requests will only get you so far, at some point you should help others too.

I can think of no better way to help people than by fixing something you find difficult so that it is easier for others.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
With the right set of files I would rather make a repack that spares users the full setup. Then there's no need for a lengthy guide either. Just a few lines describing how to set up the SQL environment, where to extract the folders and how to login.

Upvote 0
Back