• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

repacking images into fdb`s

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello guys,
recently I started looking back into rom since a lot of people are interested into server stuff here in the forum.I turned on my old server but wanted to give my client a new look. So I edited some .tga files and tried to repack them into interface.fdb BUT they are not displayed ingame (or in the client). I`m used to use some old russian repacker and in it says that the type of file is tga, but when I open the packed fdb file into the runewaker all in one tool (http://forum.ragezone.com/f885/release-packageconv-original-fdb-tool-1101588/) it shows the file and says: type - neutral. When I insert the .tga file there it changes to: type - image. The problem now is that the "repack" button in this all in one tool is not working. My question is, does anyone know how to correctly repack these .dds and .tga files with the old russian repacker or can anyone explain to me why the runewaker all in one tool is not working or can give me a solution to get it working?

I would appreciate any kind of useful help!
regards mollo

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit:

Ideally image sizes should be powers of two on the sides. These sizes are as follows: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 or 2048 pixels. The textures do not have to be square, i.e. width can be different from height.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back