Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Boost community idea

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there! Ill starting from little intro. Some, long time ago, i started the first thread about that game (and sources) on mmorpg extra...and finally we got them! And me happy to see that section here! At some point i am lose my interest in STO (as game) generally :(: (cuz i developing my own game) but now i come back. :):

Well, here any active projects or interested peoples? And i hope here exists the developers. I have a little idea for boost our "small community" by doing a little job for them.

Compilable clean sources + tools + client + datapacks. Just condensed "basic" development pack, ofc here should be a little moar documentation and also tutorials. Who with me?

I suggest using github + something like trello (if needed) for collaborative work. And also, me hope, not only me will be in commit logs. :wink:

Well, if you are interested, please tell them. And most important thing - tell, what you can do (Programming, Scripting, Content Edit and etc etc etc.)

Let's go guys! Come and raise up those great sci-fi space game! Elfs & Orcs can, we nope?:laugh:

Reaction score
I guess the main question I have is what is the main goal of this project. Obviously there are those here who enjoy developing and improving the game code, adding new things and/or creating new tools (a general learning experience), so this group project certainly makes sense. I would say Star Trek Online development here wouldn't be as leech heavy due to the dangers of hosting a private server using the files and trying to make money out of it, however I'm not sure what else the other end goals are - if there is more than one, anyway.

Just my two cents.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess the main question I have is what is the main goal of this project. Obviously there are those here who enjoy developing and improving the game code, adding new things and/or creating new tools (a general learning experience), so this group project certainly makes sense. I would say Star Trek Online development here wouldn't be as leech heavy due to the dangers of hosting a private server using the files and trying to make money out of it, however I'm not sure what else the other end goals are - if there is more than one, anyway.

Just my two cents.

You are right, but it's all about old STO. As you know, Cryptic Studios has been sold to Perfect World chinese company (who owner of PWI, same named game). And look how many Perfect World private servers? :8: They just dont care, while you dont do the simple actions :
1)Open ad them in media.
2)Dont have online numbers higher than official servers has.

----
Reaction score
It would be a great thing, if this project would be become a 100% finished old source code.... i mean there are things what is missing, chat, fleet, random explorations, buggy quests(Ton of them but can be finished thro console) ect... but it is around 80% it is almost playable well and flawless... if i should guess, but i have to mention that are some parts are missing(not even coded) so it could be hard to make it, not to mention the hard part of compiling... I am totally supporting the thing but i have to mention that i can only program in Delphi, and HTML/PHP, so, if i can i will help...

And yes, we need more space game like this, my old, big dream most likely wont ever be complete, a cryptic/nexon(dunno wich one) game too the City of heroes/villains, always demons, orcs, gandalfm samurais and others XD i had enough of them... but this STO is a bit relife for it... :D If i can help in something just yell..

The source itself would need a better DNS retargeting system(other than adding lines for lmhosts/hosts file...)

I belive the main goal is that the people would be able to make own server/customize code add objects custom things(like forge in STO but that part is missing too) that they can host, OBVIOUSLY not for money making purposes, just for fun and entertaining(if someone makes money out of it its his responsibility, since he was warned not to do it... they can be sued for it... and hey! its just an old code, if u try the latest STO you will realise that is changed sooo much that this is almost not even the same game XD) This is soo strict becouse since for example the WOW servers are emulated sources, this is not, it is the REAL code. So if you use it publicly, you can hit your ankle...

Back