[Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

shout [Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

-----
    Last edited by Flyer8472; 24-04-18 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Edited title to match which version in case you do create a repack for Comm Ed like mentioned by you

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

Re: Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Okay i fixed it :D they'r on their respective places :D ;)

MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    FranceLocation
    185Posts

Re: [BUGS]Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Problem 8 - Apparently, there are restrictions on Chat, Mail and Guild (to confirm, i'm alone) , it's necessary to buy a subscription in shop.

See At Line 370-372 in C:\Cryptic\data\defs\config\GamePermissions.def

Quote :
    "// Timed - This is for silver players who have never had a subscription.
    // Once they have played 20 hours or bought c-points or any microtransaction,
    // chat, mail, and guild restrictions are removed."

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    Ottawa CALocation
    528Posts

2. Explore Missions unfinishable(Exploration quests: Delta volanis cluster ect...) Simply cannot enter to the random systems server says: Cannot fetch map from server in a little window

3. From the same reason the "aid a help to a system" random encounter quests still not finishable

i don't have a problem with the 2 in the mentioned list maybe a different setup issue..

- - - Updated - - -

chat needs to be over lvl 10

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    2,078Posts

Can't confirm bug 8.

(Client in background [Right side] wrote in chat of client in foreground [Left Side])

& Bug 9 also not confirming.

Last edited by GigaToni; 26-01-15 at 12:43 AM.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigaToni View Post
    Can't confirm bug 8.

(Client in background [Right side] wrote in chat of client in foreground [Left Side])

& Bug 9 also not confirming.

Yea, You did this between with 2 client in 2 SEPARATE machine? on 1 machne 2 client is works,

what is not; here is my situation:

i have 1 server.
    i have 1 client machine(separate.)

i have 5 more friends who often connects all around from world; but in our vpn(So its like lan we can login/play ect.).
    (vpn is good it works every way we want we using it for quite time now Filesharing,gaming ect...)

my friends was connected from different connections. we did not seen each other texts/typings/friendlist. Chat only works in 1 machine localhost to me...(if the same pc is the same as the host and you moltiboxing, on the host machine yes the chat works fine, otherwise... not.)
    Last edited by Flyer8472; 26-01-15 at 01:08 AM.

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    Ottawa CALocation
    528Posts

dunno if this applies but on normal sto there is a different instance i havnt checked maybe you can check to see if there is more than one instance
    you could be on 1 he could be on 2 ... i need to check

scrap that i can see ur both on instance #1

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    2,078Posts

Sorry. Then I didn't understand your message. Okay. Booting up another PC and test it. (Could also be a port block. Because If you try to say with different locations (One client is for example in California the other in Texas, there might be a port problem.)

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

Okay so:

- We do not need port forward on vpn(thats the whole point in that ;) Firewall also not blocking anything(i use netlimiter 3, so i can check the tinyest little port XD) and we are all the same country :D(By all around world i ment by same country but all part of it :D N W S E)
    - NO there is no more instance; we checked it :D
    Last edited by Flyer8472; 26-01-15 at 01:12 AM.

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,552Posts

@Flyer8472
    When you mentioned:
    2. Explore Missions unfinishable(Exploration quests: Delta volanis cluster ect...) Simply cannot enter to the random systems server says: Cannot fetch map from server in a little window
    Are you able to enter the Delta Volanis Cluster? And then, not able to enter random systems?
    I may or may not have time to test this before you get a chance to with the files.
    Just in case I can, I'm asking ahead of time.

- - - Updated - - -

And you said:
    5. On a ground mission(any) if you raise the difficulty, and doing in coop, the SERVER crashing is often... random but happens.(not sure why, on lower(normal) difficulty it is ok)
    This is most likely due to previous GameServer's not closing and system memory / CPU raised. As increasing the difficulty would increase resource consumption.
    Created a tutorial about auto-closing GameServers that are inactive. It is already in the instructions for the upcoming Comm. Ed.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI I'm only Referencing Comm. Ed.
    Last edited by DNC; 13-02-15 at 10:25 AM.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

I can enter Delta system the random encounters not loading... neither of them...

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,552Posts

Can or Can't?
    I can enter Delta system, seen the anomalies, did not test past that.

- - - Updated - - -

Headed out, be back in a few hours.
    Check back with you then

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

Ok so i dunno what is not clear but:
    1. I can enter delta System,
    2. I can scan anomalies
    3. CANNOT/NEIN/нет/UNABLE/NADA to enter any Unknown system.... when i try it says: Unable fecth map name from server(Or similar) its not applies only delta volanis, its ALL exploration quests like this, Random systems not working

XD

MemberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    Left of LondonLocation
    125Posts

Re: [Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

So, some of those bugs are due to lack of memory and resources? I remember as I set this up last year http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/star-...ml#post8038386 :) I plan to throw 64GB RAM at it next month and dedicated 6x Xeon. Biggest upgrade I see in the community edition which was a no'duh (why didn't I think of that) moment when I read it was the closing of resources if no players are inside, I still think you need at least 32GB RAM for this beast. If anyone else is dedicating some big hardware for testing let me know if you out metaled some of the bugs?

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    846Posts

Re: [Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Erm thats not completely true... some errors come from tha fact that is not coded yet... or missing the code.. sometimes the memory usages hits the floor... you can choose... try it, but be aware, it has problems :D as you well said in your quoted post...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement