Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Okay i fixed it :D they'r on their respective places :D ;)

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
Re: [BUGS]Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Problem 8 - Apparently, there are restrictions on Chat, Mail and Guild (to confirm, i'm alone) , it's necessary to buy a subscription in shop.

See At Line 370-372 in C:\Cryptic\data\defs\config\GamePermissions.def

Quote :
"// Timed - This is for silver players who have never had a subscription.
// Once they have played 20 hours or bought c-points or any microtransaction,
// chat, mail, and guild restrictions are removed."

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score

2. Explore Missions unfinishable(Exploration quests: Delta volanis cluster ect...) Simply cannot enter to the random systems server says: Cannot fetch map from server in a little window

3. From the same reason the "aid a help to a system" random encounter quests still not finishable

i don't have a problem with the 2 in the mentioned list maybe a different setup issue..

chat needs to be over lvl 10

Reaction score

Can't confirm bug 8.

(Client in background [Right side] wrote in chat of client in foreground [Left Side])

REMOVED

& Bug 9 also not confirming.

REMOVED

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Can't confirm bug 8.

(Client in background [Right side] wrote in chat of client in foreground [Left Side])

REMOVED

& Bug 9 also not confirming.

REMOVED

Yea, You did this between with 2 client in 2 SEPARATE machine? on 1 machne 2 client is works,

what is not; here is my situation:

i have 1 server.
i have 1 client machine(separate.)

i have 5 more friends who often connects all around from world; but in our vpn(So its like lan we can login/play ect.).
(vpn is good it works every way we want we using it for quite time now Filesharing,gaming ect...)

my friends was connected from different connections. we did not seen each other texts/typings/friendlist. Chat only works in 1 machine localhost to me...(if the same pc is the same as the host and you moltiboxing, on the host machine yes the chat works fine, otherwise... not.)

Last edited:
☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score

dunno if this applies but on normal sto there is a different instance i havnt checked maybe you can check to see if there is more than one instance
you could be on 1 he could be on 2 ... i need to check

scrap that i can see ur both on instance #1

Reaction score

Sorry. Then I didn't understand your message. Okay. Booting up another PC and test it. (Could also be a port block. Because If you try to say with different locations (One client is for example in California the other in Texas, there might be a port problem.)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Okay so:

- We do not need port forward on vpn(thats the whole point in that ;) Firewall also not blocking anything(i use netlimiter 3, so i can check the tinyest little port XD) and we are all the same country :D(By all around world i ment by same country but all part of it :D N W S E)
- NO there is no more instance; we checked it :D

Last edited:
Reaction score

Flyer8472
When you mentioned:
2. Explore Missions unfinishable(Exploration quests: Delta volanis cluster ect...) Simply cannot enter to the random systems server says: Cannot fetch map from server in a little window
Are you able to enter the Delta Volanis Cluster? And then, not able to enter random systems?
I may or may not have time to test this before you get a chance to with the files.
Just in case I can, I'm asking ahead of time.

And you said:
5. On a ground mission(any) if you raise the difficulty, and doing in coop, the SERVER crashing is often... random but happens.(not sure why, on lower(normal) difficulty it is ok)

This is most likely due to previous GameServer's not closing and system memory / CPU raised. As increasing the difficulty would increase resource consumption.
Created a tutorial about auto-closing GameServers that are inactive. It is already in the instructions for the upcoming Comm. Ed.

FYI I'm only Referencing Comm. Ed.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I can enter Delta system the random encounters not loading... neither of them...

Reaction score

Can or Can't?
I can enter Delta system, seen the anomalies, did not test past that.

Headed out, be back in a few hours.
Check back with you then

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ok so i dunno what is not clear but:
1. I can enter delta System,
2. I can scan anomalies
3. CANNOT/NEIN/нет/UNABLE/NADA to enter any Unknown system.... when i try it says: Unable fecth map name from server(Or similar) its not applies only delta volanis, its ALL exploration quests like this, Random systems not working

XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, some of those bugs are due to lack of memory and resources? I remember as I set this up last year http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/star-trek-online-server-emu-906042/index6.html#post8038386 :) I plan to throw 64GB RAM at it next month and dedicated 6x Xeon. Biggest upgrade I see in the community edition which was a no'duh (why didn't I think of that) moment when I read it was the closing of resources if no players are inside, I still think you need at least 32GB RAM for this beast. If anyone else is dedicating some big hardware for testing let me know if you out metaled some of the bugs?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Erm thats not completely true... some errors come from tha fact that is not coded yet... or missing the code.. sometimes the memory usages hits the floor... you can choose... try it, but be aware, it has problems :D as you well said in your quoted post...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Long time no see, wanted to point out the season 1 episode 9 mission being bugged was actually on Live until last month:

Lol cryptic.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cool, did you verify if the workaround works?

1) walk up to door until you're prompted to use turbolift
2) hit pause
3) click on prompt button/door and you should hear the door open (you hear it open but it doesn't open)
4) when you hit unpause the door automatically opens i think - that should be it.
5) finish mission

I will check later, I just skipped and dropped this one after doing it twice and having the end glitch.

Also on dedicated hardware running for a long time, bugs 4,5,6,7 from the OP have never hit.

I still get an occasional client crash, if someone else is on it has no effect to rejoin. Even a shared mission.

I'm running a mix of files from the Original release, the Ness release and the Community release.

My advise is to be like DNC and roll your own after you get it working. Thanks everyone for the effort on this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
st-m4il

Glad you posted that you're not having as many issues with the dedicated hardware.
Dedicated hardware is the difference to keeping the majority of the bugs at bay.
Running on personal boxes while playing from it will greatly enhance the odds you end up with bugs, due to resource limitations.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately that workaround doesnt work. I've looked at the mission scripts and nothing seems amiss, the issue is that using the second turbolift (zone door) doesn't trigger the mission to roll forward to part 4. I think you could easily modify the complete conditions to autocomplete if you want the mission to 'just work' in your server.

Reaction score
Unfortunately that workaround doesnt work. I've looked at the mission scripts and nothing seems amiss, the issue is that using the second turbolift (zone door) doesn't trigger the mission to roll forward to part 4. I think you could easily modify the complete conditions to autocomplete if you want the mission to 'just work' in your server.

I have not tested the workaround. But yes, you are correct. You can modify the mission how you see fit. It is simple to do, once you've looked at the files to see the structure.

Back