[Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    187Posts

Re: [Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Long time no see, wanted to point out the season 1 episode 9 mission being bugged was actually on Live until last month:
    Unable to finish Treasure Trading Station - Star Trek Online

Lol cryptic.

MemberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    Left of LondonLocation
    125Posts

Re: [Bugs] Repack by Ness199X -- Current bugs; Chat Error, Connection and other bugs

Cool, did you verify if the workaround works?

1) walk up to door until you're prompted to use turbolift
    2) hit pause
    3) click on prompt button/door and you should hear the door open (you hear it open but it doesn't open)
    4) when you hit unpause the door automatically opens i think - that should be it.
    5) finish mission
    I will check later, I just skipped and dropped this one after doing it twice and having the end glitch.

Also on dedicated hardware running for a long time, bugs 4,5,6,7 from the OP have never hit.

I still get an occasional client crash, if someone else is on it has no effect to rejoin. Even a shared mission.

I'm running a mix of files from the Original release, the Ness release and the Community release.

My advise is to be like DNC and roll your own after you get it working. Thanks everyone for the effort on this.
    Last edited by st-m4il; 15-05-15 at 07:23 PM.

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,554Posts

@st-m4il

Glad you posted that you're not having as many issues with the dedicated hardware.
    Dedicated hardware is the difference to keeping the majority of the bugs at bay.
    Running on personal boxes while playing from it will greatly enhance the odds you end up with bugs, due to resource limitations.

MemberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    187Posts

Unfortunately that workaround doesnt work. I've looked at the mission scripts and nothing seems amiss, the issue is that using the second turbolift (zone door) doesn't trigger the mission to roll forward to part 4. I think you could easily modify the complete conditions to autocomplete if you want the mission to 'just work' in your server.

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,554Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ness199X View Post
    Unfortunately that workaround doesnt work. I've looked at the mission scripts and nothing seems amiss, the issue is that using the second turbolift (zone door) doesn't trigger the mission to roll forward to part 4. I think you could easily modify the complete conditions to autocomplete if you want the mission to 'just work' in your server.
    I have not tested the workaround. But yes, you are correct. You can modify the mission how you see fit. It is simple to do, once you've looked at the files to see the structure.

MemberRank
    Apr 2016 Join Date
    6Posts

I'm having an issue with the exploration missions too, Whenever I try to do the delta volanis exploration mission, i get this error in the server
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	156654
    Its more than a tad annoying, but for now, I can just use the console to give me the reward. If it is unfixable

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    841Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korvas View Post
    I'm having an issue with the exploration missions too, Whenever I try to do the delta volanis exploration mission, i get this error in the server
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	156654
    Its more than a tad annoying, but for now, I can just use the console to give me the reward. If it is unfixable
    This is becouse the exploration events are NOT working, *none of them*. You cannot fix it, becouse it is not in the code, one of the things that is missing from the source...

MemberRank
    Apr 2016 Join Date
    6Posts

Guess I'll just drop the mission and give myself the reward then. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement