Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial

Reaction score
So today I will bring you the NWO & STO source code again. But with Serverassets & Clientassets. The NWO ones are incomplete, but with it you can run the Server.

STO FIX 1 is uploaded! To use Fix 1 you'll need to download everything for STO Data first then replace everything with the files in fix 1. It's ONLY TESTED WITH DEBUG x32. If you build with other configuration NO SUPPORT WILL BE GIVEN! Also don't use MCP to run the client. Use the bat file!
Also the host entry needs to be adjusted.
Host name in question: MyRaGEZONEServer.com
Server side you need to set host table to the following:
127.0.0.1 MyRaGEZONEServer.com
Client side the end user must set the host entry:
ServerIPAddress(Numeric Value here) MyRaGEZONEServer.com
Just an example (It's actually the IP of the google DNS.)
8.8.8.8 MyRaGEZONEServer.com

BE SURE TO EDIT YOUR HOSTS BEFORE DOING THIS TUTORIAL! AT DEFAULT THE SERVER WILL COMMUNICATE WITH CRYPTIC AND WILL SEND DATA TO THEM. IF ANY OF YOUR APPLICATION CRASHES IT SENDS IT TO THE CRYPTIC ERROR TRACKER WHICH COLLECTS DATA ABOUT THE CRASH!

My hosts (For safety reasons!):
Code:
127.0.0.1 crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1        jira.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1        errortracker.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1        code.crypticstudios.com

And change in Organization.h:
Code:
#define ORGANIZATION_DOMAIN                    "crypticstudios.com"

to match your domain name or a custom hosts domain name for example:
Code:
#define ORGANIZATION_DOMAIN                    "local.host"

Hosts definitions for that:
Code:
127.0.0.1        local.host
127.0.0.1        errortracker.local.host
127.0.0.1        jira.local.host
127.0.0.1        code.local.host

@MentaL
I would love to get a section for the Cryptic Framework going.

A huge thanks to @kalisto2002 who gave me the files & helped me during the setup / getting this going. And ofc for the permission to post this tutorial today!

A huge thanks to @MentaL for creating this forum. Without it I wouldn't been able to have the files and I wouldn't been able to post this tutorial for you. So THANKS, you're an awesome person!

I'll not tell you how to install Windows 7 SDK, VS2010 or other IDE related stuff.

Working proofs:

NWO:

NWO Character selection:
NWO Loading Server:
NWO Foundry:

STO:

Currently I have no pictures of STO because I just finishing getting in the login.

What you'll need?
1. At least 180GB on C:\ for the src, data files, and programs.
2. VS 2010 with SP1
3. Windows 7 SDK with compiler fix for VS2010. (Without compiler fix you won't be able to compile.)
4. Obviously the src & data files.
5. IncrediBuild (Not tested without it. It really boosts your compile time because it compiles on every core 1 project!)
5.1 If you use IndcrediBuild at least 2 Computers (1 for the Coordinator, 1 for the Agent)
6. Port 80, 8080, 8081, 8082, 8090 must not be in use! (Think this is all)
7. Much time (It took ~2 days for me to get the bin files.)

Download:

Getting started
Install VS2010, VS2010 SP1 and the Windows 7 SDK (If you receive an error installing Windows SDK remove all Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables and restart the installation!)

For both STO & NWO at the same time:
Extract the STO src, Data and/or the NWO src, Data

Copy the NWO src to C:\src
Copy the NWO Data to C:\Night

Your folders should look like this:
C:\src -> (You can safely ignore the StarTrek folder. It's just because I was testing stuff.)
C:\night ->

Copy the STO src to C:\STO_src (Currently the only way to get both nwo & sto to compile!)
Copy the STO Data to C:\StarTrek

If you just want one game:
Copy the INSERT DESIRED GAME HERE src to C:\src
Copy the INSERT DESIRED GAME HERE Data to C:\Night or to C:\StarTrek

After thats been done, compile NWO, STO, and utilities. Right click IncrediBuild, go to Build, go to Open.
1. Select MasterSolution in C:\src\MasterSolution\ and then select the config you want to compile in and click select all (I just used Debug & FullDebug just to make sure no server is trying to run a server that doesn't exists.)
2. Select MasterSolution in C:\src\Night\MasterSolution\ and then select the config you want to compile in and click select all (I just used Debug & FullDebug just to make sure no server is trying to run a server that doesn't exists.)
3. Select MasterSolution in C:\src\StarTrek\MasterSolution\ and then select the config you want to compile in and click select all (I just used Debug & FullDebug just to make sure no server is trying to run a server that doesn't exists.)

If you get errors during build saying: Warning treated as errors you have two options:
1. Open the MasterSolution where the error occurs in VS2010, select all projects & right click, click Build, go to C++, Switch "Treat warnings as errors" from "All" to "None".
2. Open every vcxproj with Notepad++ and add:
Code:
<TreatWarningAsError>false</TreatWarningAsError>

Before every:
Code:
</ClCompile>
(This is necessary if your computer can't handle the load that VS2010 generates during loading all Projects in the SLN. [89 to be specific.])

If you have errors, just post it here and we / I'll try to fix it for you.
If everything was successfully compiled successfully copy all *.exe and *.dll files from Utilities\bin to C:\StarTrek\tools\bin and C:\night\tools\bin. Replace everything if it is already in there.
Also you need to copy everything from C:\src\Night\bin to C:\night\tools\bin & C:\night\data
Same thing goes for C:\STO_src\StarTrek\bin to C:\StarTrek\tools\bin & C:\StarTrek\data

If everything went ok move on, if not post your problem and we / I'll try to help you! (If we get a section post it in HELP)

Now comes the part where you need to be patient. (This is not necessary for NWO!)
In C:\StarTrek\tools\bin:
1. Run 0_make_bins.bat
If finished move on to 2.
2. Run 0_make_bins2.bat
If finished move on to 3.
3. Run 0_make_schema_files.bat
If finished move on to 4.
4. Run the file: C:\StarTrek\data\piggs\hoggs\update_hoggs.bat

If everything went ok move on, if not post your problem and we / I'll try to help you! (If we get a section post it in HELP)

Now start 1_start_MCP.bat in C:\StarTrek\tools\bin or C:\Night\tools\bin (Again depends on what you wanna run!). Let the MasterControlProgram running until you see a green button. [If nothing happens (for NWO for example) start 2_start_Controller.bat and 3_start_Launcher.bat (I would suggest just to watch if there are any issue to click "Baffingly Complex Mode". And then just click the green button. Now it automatically starts the Servers, and the Client. If anything went successfully you should have a running STO & NWO server that works.

FAQ:​

Whats the password for the XYZ Rar?!
I don't remember. Try "ragezone" or "des123" (Without quotes!)

The Client closes and the Controller / AccountServer is reporting Rejecting Core is not compatible with NWO / STO.
Add
-SetProductName StarTrek STO
or
-SetProductName Night NW

to the start_client.bat

How to create a account?
Go to and click create, fill out everything :)

Why do I need port 80 to be available?
The MCP runs a monitor webinterface on port 80. If you have an issue running a server you could go to to figure out critical issues

What about the CRC crash I receive?
- Edit your WorldCellBinning.c (Found in C:\src\libs\WorldLib\StaticWorld) and edit the CRC to match the crash report. And recompile!

The MCP Reports errors! HELP!!!
Nothing really unusual. It just reports file we don't have and files that are too new / too old. Just ignore it :)

NWO FAQ:​

Why is NWO so incomplete?
The source of NWO is older than the server datas unfortunately. I'd love to have newer and complete data files, but with what we have we could just make it yourself.

STO FAQ:

I can't log into STO!!
Be sure you check the checkbox Cryptic in login. Not PerfectWorld!

The character creation screen in STO is not popping up!
You probably compiled STO out of the C:\src not the C:\STO_src folder.

What is not working?
STO:
You can't join a server. It just says: SERVER NOT RESPONDING (XX s) -> I'm trying to fix that

NWO:
Animations (we don't have them) -> Nothing I can do about it, sorry :/
Foundry sometimes randomly crashes -> I'm trying to fix that

If you found this interesting, helpful or just wanna say awesome please hit the like button. It took ~5 days to figure everything out (Mostly due to an old computer compiling / creating the bin file :)) & to get everything working. It just takes 3 seconds to hit that like button!

EDIT:

Btw ALWAYS run filewatcher. As the console says it really boosts the start time of everything. Also I wasn't been able to start STO without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: NWO &amp; STO Source, Data, Tutorial

I know. Thats why I changed my hosts to not send to cryptic ;). The hosts file is also not complete. But I didn't care. Just wanted to get it working :).

PS: Throughout my tests I sent ~250 crash reports to cryptic :D.

EDIT:

I apparently forgot to upload the NWO source. I'll do it now, so just be patient It'll be in the NWO mega folder when it's finished! -> Should be up by now. (Cryptic.rar)

EDIT:

Somebody please mirror the files. I'm over 95GB for my main mega account! (Now splitted to 38GB & 38GB on main & 2nd account.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
~snip~
I apparently forgot to upload the NWO source. I'll do it now, so just be patient It'll be in the NWO mega folder when it's finished! -> Should be up by now. (Cryptic.rar)
~snip~

Please be sure to check my previous posts!

EDIT:

For now I'm off to university. (I'll be back in 6 Hours!) :) Have a great day Ragezone! And ofc have fun with it! (Please before posting check the FAQ!)

Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
error : The imported project "C:\Users\\\\Desktop\Cryptic\PropertySheets\GeneralSettings.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. C:\User\\\\Desktop\Cryptic\Core\CrypticLauncher\CrypticLauncher.vcxproj

its happen for all the projects

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I spent the last 8 months getting these files to work, in fact I have a 99% working one-click 'repack' of STO that I made, which I will post soonish.

In the mean time:
-I can't help with compilation. Its really quite simple, I built it on single core VM in less than 45 minutes, just follow the instructions posted here
-The make-bins batch files are broken, once you extract the data you need to completely empty the following directories (but leave the directory itself there):
Code:
/bin/
/tempbin/
/server/bin/
then run
Code:
gameserver -makebinsandexitmaster

This WILL take > 25 hours to complete on a 4 core CPU as it will rebuild ALL of the map and asset bins from scratch. This is also necessary or you will get in game and have lots and lots of maps which immediately crash either the server or client if you try to run them out of debug mode (and sometimes even if you are in debug mode)

That's all for now.

Edit: Proof
proof - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
excited,hope Ness199X getting what he want and release his files,so much wish,and wish making neverwinteronline a section,it's worthwhile,sorry for my bad english

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
People can feel free to PM if they would like help, but I'd prefer you post here so other people can see the answer.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Back on topic. Where is your "repack" lacking the final 100% mark?
I know this code better than the authors do at this point.

I can't get the store working (hasn't bothered me since I just GM command myself store items), but the 0.1% that's been bothering me is that some maps still crash the client when you try to use the area scan. I've tried tracing the crap out of that one to no avail. The best I was able to discern was it had to do with the client and server having mismatching data on the player location when the scan function calls.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The store won't display in the client, and the dilithium exchange is disabled. I'll post up some logs in a sec.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Issues:
**CLIENT-CRASH**:
There is a possible crash when scanning an area either on foot or in ship (V button or press the 'Scan Area' button). The client crashes with the error: "Invalid Dynode position."
It seems it only happens on certain maps/areas (does not happen within main area of Kfr_Sol_Starbase_Ground). I have not found out the root cause yet.
More info: On official server I scanned in the ship yard of Kfr_Sol_Starbase_Ground and it is a orange/redish circle that appears without the light beam so its a different visual type of scan. This visual type must be causing the crash and is what needs to be fixed.
The type that does work in the main area of Kfr_Sol_Starbase_Ground makes a blue circle around you with a light beam.
More info 2: Actually, it appears the red/blue scan area affect difference is based on whether there is an anomaly in the area on not so it is not area dependant (see file "Anomaly - Star Trek Online Wiki.htm" in same directory as this file for example info).
Check files:
dyn\fx\Ships\Generic
FX_Space_ScanForClickies.dfx
FX_Space_ScanForClickies_Failure.dfx
FX_Space_ScanForClickies_Failure_KLG.dfx
FX_Space_ScanForClickies_KLG.dfx
dyn\fx\Characters\Generic
FX_ScanForClickies.dfx
FX_ScanForClickies_Failure.dfx
FX_ScanForClickies_Failure_KLG.dfx
FX_ScanForClickies_KLG.dfx
Try klingon area scan
Try running client through MCP (for better debug error)
Get Dyn files from new client to try instead
Might not be the Dyn files for the scan itself that has error but the object the scan is positioned to (referencing the Dyn Scan FX)??
New note: if you have CrypticError.exe in the same directory as GameClient.exe (and not running -productionMode) it will show the crash information and if you click on 'Ignore' the game will continue to run and it appears the visual FX of the scan shows fine too so I'm not sure what the error is??
New note2: if you use the console command 'noFx 1' it turns off all fx and when an area scan is performed with no anomalies (plays the animation but no tricorder or effects) which usually results in a crash, it does not crash. Therefore there must be a problem with the FX or a reference to the FX.
New note3: removing all actions by dyn\fx\Characters\Generic\ScanForClickies\FX_ScanForClickies_Failure.dfx as a test and it still crashes so it must be a problem with the gameclient.exe or a reference when starting the fx.
Useful Fx debugging console commands:
noFx 1
dfxDrawLabelsForAllFX 1
dfxDebug
Update: Fixed the problem by editing def/config/RegionRules.def
commented out:
FailFX FX_ScanForClickies_Failure
FailFX FX_ScanForClickies_Failure_KLG
FailFX FX_Space_ScanForClickies_Failure
FailFX FX_Space_ScanForClickies_Failure_KLG
It disables the FX for scanning when there are no anomalies but no longer crashes the client.
I'm trying to parse that, are you saying that
Update: Fixed the problem by editing def/config/RegionRules.def
commented out:
FailFX FX_ScanForClickies_Failure
FailFX FX_ScanForClickies_Failure_KLG
FailFX FX_Space_ScanForClickies_Failure
FailFX FX_Space_ScanForClickies_Failure_KLG
It disables the FX for scanning when there are no anomalies but no longer crashes the client.
is the fix?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Awesome, applying it now.

Yes I am

**CSTORE**:
MicroTransactions don't seem to work
definition files can be found in:
defs\Microtransactions
AccountServer needs to be set with '-billingEnabled 0' to run in Dev mode without it quitting - not sure if this affects MicroTransactions (Update: able to set '-billingEnabled 1' if server\AccountServer\billingSettings.txt exists with 2 lines 'serverType Development and prefix Dev')
Game servers, Login server, Auction server and Account Proxy server are run with '-MicroTrans_ShardCategory Off' this possibly affects it too. UPDATE: running 'Controller.exe -MTCategory Dev' (or Live) will pass through the appropriate MicroTrans_ShardsCategory to the other servers through the MasterControlProgram

HOW TO FIX MICROTRANSACTIONS:
Use the included startup bat files for this to work properly
0_make_schema_files.bat
1_start_MCP.bat
2_start_Controller.bat
3_start_Launcher.bat
Use All shard configuration instead of minimal shard in MCP.

Run Servers:
LogServer
TransactionServer
ObjectDB
MapManager
LoginServer (important for MicroTrans)
GameServer
Client
Multiplexer
AccountServer (important for MicroTrans)
AccountProxyServer (important for MicroTrans)

Login to the account server:
Add new product:
lookup product you want to add in defs\Microtransactions (.Microtrans files)
(note that I *think* the ones that work have the 'F2p' prefix in the file names and '-F2P-' in their product name but it is not always the case)

example:
defs\Microtransactions\Shipclass\ShipClass.Glaxy_Retrofit_T6_F2p.Microtrans

Categories are 'All' and 'Shipclassfederation'
ProductName is 'PRD-STO-M-S-F2P-BUY-GalaxyT6'

When adding the product enter this information:
Product Name: PRD-STO-M-S-F2P-BUY-GalaxyT6
Internal Product Name: StarTrek
Shards: Dev,Live
Categories: ST.All, ST.Shipclassfederation
(could add ST.Featured or ST.Welcome or ST.New etc to have it appear in different spots in the store - see categories list in def\config\MTCategories.def - The 'ST.' prefix is defined in def\config\MTConfig.def under the ShardConfig Prefix - 'Live' is 'ST')
Do Not Associate On Activation: ticked
Prices: 100 _StarTrekChain (Currency 'StarTrekChain' is defined in def\config\MTConfig.def under the ShardConfig name - the batch files are setup for 'Live')
All other fields default

Click on 'Save Changes' and now this should appear in the cash store

Note: Within the client you can use the console command 'RefreshCStore' to refresh CStore changes without logging back in (you do need to close the shop window down and bring it back up again)

Below is the product that also makes the rename button work on the character selection screen.

example:
defs\Microtransactions\Service\Service_Rename_Captain_F2p.Microtrans

Categories are 'All' and 'Services'
ProductName is 'PRD-STO-M-SV-F2P-CharRename'

When adding the product enter this information:
Product Name: PRD-STO-M-SV-F2P-CharRename
Internal Product Name: StarTrek
Shards: Dev,Live
Categories: ST.All, ST.Services
Do Not Associate On Activation: ticked
Prices: 100 _StarTrekChain
All other fields default

Can Mass import and export products via the 'Test Server'
Run test server through MasterControlProgram
Navigate to:
Run scripts
Choose product import/export
Edit global variables:

Mix of notes from elsewhere and my own. A little scattered, but you got this far, I'm sure you can figure out what I'm saying here.

Heh I was actually right on the edge of figuring that out a few weeks ago and I thought I was barking up the wrong tree so I started looking elsewhere. Nifty.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice bro! Yeah I think I was on compiling and using in dev mode so it wasn't using hoggs at all is why it took so long for me I believe.

Glad to see interest Is picking up in this game lol
Another issue you will encounter with hoggs is that its an all or nothing for certain processes, especially the controller. If you put some controller config files in the hoggs you have to put them all in (DNC can correct me if he saw otherwise, it seemed that way to me when I was first experimenting with them)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

GigaToni
I find one NWO sorcecde,
Name:nwo-src.rar Size:1.43G
Link:
is this one?
checked your previous posts,
where execly is the neverwinter source?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

@GigaToni
I find one NWO sorcecde,
Name:nwo-src.rar Size:1.43G
Link:
is this one?
checked your previous posts,
where execly is the neverwinter source?
Thanks!
Click here:
Download cryptic.rar
That's the source code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which archive is extracted like this?
I've downloaded the Cryptic.rar from , but it's definitely not the same (it does not have the Night/StarTrek folders)

Reaction score
Which archive is extracted like this?
I've downloaded the Cryptic.rar from , but it's definitely not the same (it does not have the Night/StarTrek folders)

The Cryptic.rar is all the folders except STO & NWO, NWO is the src.rar
And I said please ignore the StarTrek folder as I was testing something..

Back