Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Flyer8472, I just dabble in this stuff for the exercise. ;D The brain is a muscle that gets soft all too quickly in life. A friend of mine who also plays NWO was telling me how he is saving up astral diamonds to buy something. I told him to pry open his wallet and buy some Zen, after all it also promotes growth in the game. He thinks just because it is a free to play mmo he should get everything handed to him. lol

I mostly just fart around with finished projects, messing with the SQL database. Have fun!

Just fyi there are people that are able to run the server with no problems. Because they have newer data files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good to know, but I am running 100% Linux here (no Windows), so I wouldn't be compiling it anytime soon. Some time ago, I did try some of the other PWE projects. They used a Linux VM, but I just moved them over to my OS without much hassle. NWO recently underwent a module release very few players care for the changes made to the game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I have not downloaded the 40 GB because I am not yet sure what is in it... I download the c/cpp source codes and such.

So I have a little request to anybody which has the whole thing.

Could you run a command in let's say an ms-dos prompt as follows:

dir /s /b > files.txt

Inside the folder where all of it is located.

This will create a textfile called "files.txt" which will then contain all the folders/subfolders and filenames of the entire structure.

I am kinda curious if the 40 GB part contains "script" files as mentioned above...

I just investigated the source files a little bit... searching for zen/dilithium... and lockbox and d'kora... stuff like that... but little to nothing turns up...

So I suspect either the source code is old... before lockboxes came out... or lockbox logic is contain in script files elsewhere... perhaps inside the hogg files...

I am a bit confused about the 40 GB download.. I think I read somewhere... it is the "unpacked/uncompressed" version of STO ? Is that really true ? Does it contain all hogg files data uncompressed/unpacked ?

If so... does it contain anything interesting related to lockboxes, or ships, rewards... zen maybe ? Any logic/scripts ? I would suspect something at least.

My PC has something like 40 GB of free space left or so... so not sure if I can download the whole thing and then still unpacked it... maybe yes... maybe no... I might have to free up some stuff... so for now... I'd rather know what I am getting myself into before wasting a lot of time...

Producing the files.txt should go pretty fast... only a few minutes of work or so... I hope somebody can upload it somewhere... so we all can get an idea... of what's inside this BEAST of 40 GB ! ;) + perhaps the other beasts... ;)

Thanks for any help,
Bye,
Skybuck.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh... I just discovered I still have 250+ GB or so free space on drive C: So space will not be an issue :) only download time :)

Still a files.txt would be appreciated before hand ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mega download service is completely not working and completely failing. I tried multiple times... it freezes, losses, errors and deletes files even if a single download fails... I 100% need different download service.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I am done with Mega... why would chrome work any better than firefox ?

Many hands make light work...:

1. Somebody pick new download service.
2. Then everybody that has the files uploads one part of it ! =D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can confirm chrome handles better than Firefox. Even with the firefox MEGA plugin I don't have great luck with downloading files on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial

1. Chrome handles large files differently try it trust me.Personally i hate chrome but it handles mega better...

2. Nope, i wont upload this anymore, if anyone makes a torrent then do it but i wont.

3. What you want if propably not gonna happen, that community is not that about, sorry...
(BTW show me an other file sharer, what supports that large files. There is lets look... none...
and we will not compres this into hundreds of little rar/zips just to you could download it, sorry...
if someone does it - wich i doubt - then be happy but thisis VERY unlikely gonna happen...)

Hmmm let me think about that for 0 nanoseconds.

So you want me to download chrome, the most insecure web browser ? And then you want me to install this product produced by world's biggest spyware company, which spies on the entire planet ?

Hmm, how about a bit fat: NO WAY IN HELL :)

Though the supposedly multi threaded nature of it is a little bit tempting ;)

The best way to download from mega is to use this downloader

when i originally downloaded the file this is what i used

Thanks for the link, I may give this a try, but only after I try and build it's .NET source code myself, or at the very least after some inspection ;)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial

deleted

Last edited:
Reactions: DNC
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally *I* dont want you to do anything, it was a suggestion... you do whatever you want to do. I Don't realy care, it is you who needs the source code... not?

As far as I know I already have most of the source code, at least the C stuff. Not sure if there is extra source in the 40 GB ?

This download tool is awesome, what a difference it makes... all 50 gigabytes downloaded in just 2 hours or so, at 15 MB/sec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, before I even attempt to try downloading this titan of a file. If I download and install the source files, or utilize them in the current repack of STO, will it enable the things currently missing from the game? I.E. The exploration missions, giving aid missions, and so on

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AFAIK... No, becouse the other threads are made from theese sources, just been fixed...

Crap...It seems like as of now, story mode and a few side quests are all that's open to a single player

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Help me:
2369fba0a2b4f6624d48e711bfb7c4a6 - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Server is started. I log in on the account and I create the character.
At an entrance to game, I receive a mistake. Where to take maps?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back