Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Help me:

Server is started. I log in on the account and I create the character.
At an entrance to game, I receive a mistake. Where to take maps?

As i see this is NWO, so... you did setup the hosts and lmhosts file? If not, then do it, there is a tutorial how to use this. you need to add some lines into the mentioned files. The problem in the console in the posted picture; that the server cannot control the map server...(not founding it) it is usually comes from the lack and/or misconfiguration of the hosts files.

(File location usually: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc)

192.168.1.2 code
192.168.1.2 code_game_server
192.168.1.2 code_game

Change the 192.168.1.2 to your server's IP adress.(Make sure that is the lan adress, not external IP)

Reaction score
So for anyone still interested in STO / NWO I figured out how to make patches. Also I figured out how to configure gimme :D:
f2gK6Uu - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

sIWTjtq - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Btw if anybody is concerned about the source talking home add those IPs to your firewall blocklist :)

208.95.184.0-208.95.187.255

(Source: )

EDIT:

Guess that means long waitings now :(
QXPQvNS - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT 2 (More images :)):
embew2o - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
THX! Please write a tutorial :D I am intrested any of the nwo source happenings :D Sooo then its basicly for if i modify something, it will send the new versions? Works like a normal patching server?

Also, there are no news about forge, but that would be very good if that would work :D it can be done(i saw a developer image) but there is no news about it... But that mission editor would be veery nice....

Reaction score
I had it working before, like almost one year ago. But it wasn't perfect. I still had to do manual pushes through patchclient. Which now since gimme is working is not needed anymore! Also I was starting to get the hang of gimme last year, but then stopped because lack of interest, time and nerves :)

Yes. The crypticlauncher updates the game through the patcherver.
Gimme is an addition to the SVN system. Gimme prevents people from editing files that other people are currently editing. BUT! Gimme has another function, it serves as deployment utility. That means gimme can, and should, push changes to the PatchServer (which then distributes patches). Also the PatchServer is not just for patching clients. It patches also dev environments, mapper environments and the gameservers / live facing roots.

Also UGC/Forge/Foundry !needs! the patcherver.

I've slot of docs written by myself. I've broken up the doc.pdf into a Mediawiki, and added some stuff, like configs etc. (Private/Public)

Also I've a private/public git where I upload my code. (Private/public since I'm not sharing the URL until someone wants to help.)
g7PCsbW - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Also I've written a script which automatically compiles necessary files:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

SRCPATH="/C/Night/src/"

verbose='false'
aflag=''
kflag=''

while getopts 'ak' flag; do
  case "${flag}" in
    a) aflag='true' ;;
    k) kflag='true' ;;
    *) error "Unexpected option ${flag}" ;;
  esac
done

if [[ $kflag == "true" ]];then

echo "Killing processes"
    for f in /C/Night/Tools/bin/*.exe; do
        taskkill //F //IM $(basename "$f") > /dev/null 2>&1
        OUT=$?
        if [ $OUT -eq 0 ];then
            echo "Killed" $(basename "$f")
        fi
    done

#Hacky workaround for reappearing processes
    echo "Killing respawned processes"
    for f in /C/Night/Tools/bin/*.exe; do
        taskkill //F //IM $(basename "$f") > /dev/null 2>&1
        OUT=$?
        if [ $OUT -eq 0 ];then
            echo "Killed" $(basename "$f")
        fi
    done
fi

#echo "Going into BatUtil directory"
cd $SRCPATH "Utilities/BatUtil/"

echo "Building BatUtil"
msbuild.exe //m "BatUtil.sln" >C:/BuildStatus/BatUtil_build.log 2>&1
OUT=$?
if [ $OUT -ne 0 ];then
    echo "BatUtil errored. Aborting!"
    exit $OUT
fi

#echo "Going into StructParser directory"
cd $SRCPATH "Utilities/StructParser/"

echo "Building StructParser"
msbuild.exe //m "StructParser.sln" >C:/BuildStatus/StructParser_build.log 2>&1
OUT=$?
if [ $OUT -ne 0 ];then
    echo "StructParser errored. Aborting!"
    exit $OUT
fi

if [[ $aflag == "true" ]];then
    #echo "Going into MasterSolution directory"
    cd $SRCPATH "MasterSolution/"

echo "Building projects"
    msbuild.exe //m "AllProjectsMasterSolution.sln" >C:/BuildStatus/MasterSolution_build.log 2>&1
    OUT=$?
    if [ $OUT -ne 0 ];then
        echo "MasterSolution errored. Aborting!"
        exit $OUT
    fi
fi

More images what's working :)
9D1VfeI - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums
XJfZM1i - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums
JKVnpbi - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums
8k9il4D - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT 3 (hahahaha):
You can't run the continuous builder from the N drive! Damn it, Segreto, is this you again????? Copy it to c:\\continuousbuilder and run it from there. Grrr. Alex Angry. Alex Smash!

Attachments

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To be honest if there would be more people to attend to this game it would deserve a separate section...

Reaction score
Unfortunately, somehow even though this game is a AAA title is lacking interested people..

I can't seem to be able to figure out how to make autoupdate checkins -.-. And unfortunately were lacking some files which would make this a trillion times easier :(.
File located in C:\Core\tools\scripts\launcher (or will be)

Run "Push_to_patchstaging.bat" - (same as old 01 script, without email) This takes the currently compiled launchers for all
games and checks them in to gimme, and then pushes them to the autoupdate database on patchstaging.
Run "Push_to_PATCHMASTER.bat" - (same as old 03 script, with addition of email) This will push the specified version to live
(pulled from staging directly before this push).  It then opens an email to QA which instructs them to run script 03, test, and run

script 04.

EDIT:
Woops! Spoken to soon :p
9CuST3l - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Works, but somehow it doesn't :(
File not found in hogg: Autoupdate/Crypticlauncher2nw/1475215987_0_1
ASSERTORALERT: PatchDB corruption: Unable to load file "Crypticlauncher2nw/14752
15987_0_1"
ASSERTORALERT: PatchDB corruption: Unable to load file "Crypticlauncher2nw/14752
15987_0_1"
15987_0_1"
15987_0_1"

EDIT:

:)?
1vGMQbT - NWO & STO Source, Data, Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok you have my attention! I am interested in getting the STO client / patching and foundry (if possible) working. What can I do to help?

D_H

Reaction score
I've to sort some big problems out. (At least in NW) the gameserver is crashing

Expr: (((curr)->guardband) == (0x5D379DF5 & 255)) && (((U32)(curr)->data[size] | ((U32)(curr)->data[size + 1] << 8)) == (0x5D379DF5 & 65535))

Since I made the first foundry quest, I'm unable to repoduce it. Because the gameserver & Patchserver is crashing before making any kind of changes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to creating one NWo myself for the sake of lolz, however I'm unsure about the specs needed in order to run everything properly. I'd need this info since I'm planning to run it either in SP or eventually LAN-wise.

How much RAM does it need when both server and client are fully working? I've currently 8GB of RAM, hopefully 16 very soon. (planning on both managing a server and a client at a same time on one machine)
My GPU's 1024MB VRAM, I think it won't be an issue.
My CPU's AMD 8350 OCed a bit.

My LAN's based on CAT-7 so network won't be an issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, one? How many gameservers does it need? lol

I reckon that the game has a separate server for each thing, like one for the chat, one for the f0undr`/ etc.

I just need to load PE map and maybe AH. : /

I mean - I don't know! You tell me how much I need lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, wow. Okay, now it makes logic when on the official servers they manage the instances. So, basically, each instance's a new server. That would explain why they calculate how much RAM they use on the servers for particular maps. Obviously newer maps will have more instances, however opening up servers for the Playstation and Xbox 360 kind of backfired at the PC users, which sucks major ballz.

Since they managed the same amount of instances and only managing then umber of players on a particular instance, that means that there was no development nor expansion of the servers on the PC, which furthermore explains why the bugs aren't addressed immediately (and the original team went away).

It's a miracle that the servers run as it is right now. However, thanks for the clarification. I've no intent to open a public server of any kind, let alone for 20+ people.

If and if I open a server it's purely out of nostalgia. Thanks for the help to both of you.

SNR

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What interests me about this code:
Does it contain stuff like chances for lockboxes and so on?

Back