Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source!

----
Reaction score
Bump:

Links and guide updated, reuploaded the fixed server files;

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
LANIP has to be set in both Client and Server machines (obviously the same machine if running locally)
Must have Windows Firewall Enabled and Firewall Rules accepted. (local or remote)
You also need to use the shortcut I created in the Community Edition Release. If it is not in the repack, go download the baseclient.rar from that thread and copy out just that link. You'll need the "parameters" from that shortcut and I'm too tied up to extract and paste.
Should be solved.

Thanks DNC, right before you replied I went and looked in the StarTrek folder and noticed the link you provided had the extensions in the target line. Sorry for the dumb question bro.

Reaction score
I give up. I still cannot get the daggon thing to work. no matter what I do it keeps hanging at either login server or account server... and whatever I did somewhere in there, now a different loading screen comes up on the client when I turn it on. Some chick in leather pants bending over the captains chair, looks like bad star trek pron cover...

----
Reaction score
@Kukafuchi Also you should copy gameclient.exe and crypticerror.exe from the new_basesrc_bins.rar compiled bins into your StarTrek folder too... if everything fails... :\

Here is my hosts and lmhosts file containing strings:

192.168.1.3 code
192.168.1.3 code_server
192.168.1.3 code_game_server

127.0.0.1 crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 jira.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 errortracker.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 code.crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 local.host
127.0.0.1 errortracker.local.host
127.0.0.1 jira.local.host
127.0.0.1 code.local.host

I had to add one more; for the launcher... the code_server line
Also; the 127.0.0.1's entry lines are not absolutely necessary, i am just too paranoid XD

Of course for the 192.168.1.3 change it to your server's ip address.

Last edited:
----
Reaction score
Well, if i dont use it the server mcp not binding to my ip so, dunno why... it not hurts i guess... :\ the mcp was wrote that it cannot bind to dns, if i removed that line... :\ thats all...

----
Reaction score
Yep. Everything has a price XDXD in this game's case; is the size...

Also you can try the older version that is just ~14-15 GB it is server+client but there are a few things what not works, like events, chat...

Reaction score
Yepper, it is one big butt server bro. :0)
Source code compiles on Windows 7 but not Windows 8.X
Just a heads up in case you decide to build your own.

Using Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to do such things so i guess its ok as it is the serverversion of 2007 i think.

Still downloading btw ...

Reaction score
Can confirm everything works, almost reached my 8GB RAM limit. One thing I can recommend the most for users is to be patient with the server parts when starting it up, particularly ones like GameServer or LoginServer (when booting server). I've gotten in the habbit of watching the cmd log window of the gameserver when loading just to keep an eye on things as they go.

Thank you everyone for contributing and bring this all out!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Since this is quite memory demanding, I was trying to set this up on my home server. How can I access it via another computer {another STO Client} on the network? DNC's thread for his release is missing and I can't find any information other than "Check DNC's thread"?

----
Reaction score
Since this is quite memory demanding, I was trying to set this up on my home server. How can I access it via another computer {another STO Client} on the network? DNC's thread for his release is missing and I can't find any information other than "Check DNC's thread"?

So. You can use via ip address, but DNC has been written well how to do it... besides: you have to edit the bat/lnk file what starts the client itself, and you have to make those lmhosts fixs... so yes there are only DNC's thread for this, if you are uses the older version(not by dnc) you can only use the game via VPN or lan...(And the chat wont work on that version dnc has been fixed many things in his relase..)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So. You can use via ip address, but DNC has been written well how to do it... besides: you have to edit the bat/lnk file what starts the client itself, and you have to make those lmhosts fixs... so yes there are only DNC's thread for this, if you are uses the older version(not by dnc) you can only use the game via VPN or lan...(And the chat wont work on that version dnc has been fixed many things in his relase..)
Like I said, DNC's release thread is gone. So I have no reference to look at.

----
Reaction score
Like I said, DNC's release thread is gone. So I have no reference to look at.

The reference is attached to main post in a spoiler,(At Installation point Zero where you have to modify hosts files!) so have fun, dl links has been removed due to they do not exists anymore. Tutorial is Made by @DNC!

----
Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted that I got this working first shot.

Well, it is not so hard, unless you want to compile it... XD it is easy though if you wont have win7 you will have problems... i mean with compiling

Back