Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know how to edit the character attributes?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Kukafuchi Also you should copy gameclient.exe and crypticerror.exe from the new_basesrc_bins.rar compiled bins into your StarTrek folder too... if everything fails... :\

Here is my hosts and lmhosts file containing strings:

192.168.1.3 code
192.168.1.3 code_server
192.168.1.3 code_game_server

127.0.0.1 crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 jira.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 errortracker.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 code.crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 local.host
127.0.0.1 errortracker.local.host
127.0.0.1 jira.local.host
127.0.0.1 code.local.host

I had to add one more; for the launcher... the code_server line
Also; the 127.0.0.1's entry lines are not absolutely necessary, i am just too paranoid XD

Of course for the 192.168.1.3 change it to your server's ip address.

Can someone help me? I dont know what i need to write in my host file. Solo works well but a friend wanna join! Wich gameclient.exe do the end user need to start?
Need someone who explain this for me :w00t:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi
Have download this repack and set it up, work perfectly!

Thank you for this nice release!! :w00t:

As I dig through the source code (interesting stuff!), I noticed the client/server still integrate to Steam, as in the source, it only use Steam to buy cryptic points only, no VAC anticheat, and I have removed it successfully, just in case.

also, I have downloaded Neverwinter repack from here http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-neverwinter-online-re-relase-1101350/ and since STO and NW use same engine (not all is compatible, I think. since NW have mount but STO don't), I diff STO source with NW source and notice NW source seems to be newer than STO... maybe I merge some fix in libs and other stuff from NW to STO...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hy, Flyer8472 ,

I would like to change the language at the client. There is a command for this ????
Or must be changed also in the code ???
Could you please help me

Sorry for my bad English

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In UtilitiesLib\language\AppLocale.c
Find #define DEFAULT_LOCALE_ID and remove it.

In UtilitiesLib\language\AppLocale.h
Find #define DEFAULT_LOCALE_ID and change the number to
0 is English
1 is ChineseTraditional (not work)
2 is Korean (not work)
3 is Japanese (not work)
4 is German
5 is French
6 is Spanish (not work)
7 is Italian (not work)
8 is Russian (not work)
9 is Polish (not work)
(not work) is maybe

Then recompile the source code and rebin the server/client by edit 2_MakeBinsAndExitMaster.bat to

start GameServer.exe -productionMode 0 -binLeaveUntouchedFiles 1 -makebinsAndExitMaster 1 -IgnoreAllErrors 1

and run it, then start server/client as usual

but the quest message seems not translate...

x3FkgbV - [Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the objectdb file keeps crashing for some reason. the client also fails to connect(which is not really relevant as long as the database keeps crashing). new_basesrc_bins.rar is corrupted. please help me get this thing working.

----
Reaction score
Reminder for all; who writing pm's constantly to me regarding NWO/STO:
I WON'T REPLY TO THEM.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
have anybody gotten this working? if you have please help me get it working as i trouble with the objectdb.exe crashing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some questions:
1. These source files, are they the actual server and game source code, I'm presuming in C++?
2. Does this include how the server and client communicate?
3. Does this include the decryption for the .hogg files and how the server and client interact with them?
4. How much do we really know about the actual game code itself?

My questions revolve around the concept that due to this being based on a very old episode, and seeing as no one intends on getting Arc's server with a more updated episode, I was thinking of simply recreating the server and client for the game. In this way we could simply update it however we like.

----
Reaction score
1. Yes but it is modified, but its Visual Studio.
2. We have a full manual about cryptic server hierarchy, in a 1400+ paged pdf.
3. It not decodes, you make the hogg files. (But there are tools to extract hogg files...)
4. This question has no simple answer.

It is a very old source from 2013, but id could be finished, yes.... but i dont think that this will be EVER at the latest episode...

the hogg files is not the only problem in the original... in the hogg file there are compiled files too, so even if you are extract the hogg files from the latest you will still have to decompile the client... and there are none of the latest server source... it would be just the client... :\

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So what your saying is there is enough information to recreate the game. Regardless of whether we can unpack all of the .hogg files, as long as you can unpack the models and textures as well as know how the client and server are communicating, then the remaining information, game code, databases,, the server and client can be replicated. Even if you don't know how the server and client communicate you can simply setup your own server hierarchy.... I've worked on projects like that before where we had to recreate either the server or the client when we only had one or the other. it's complicated but not impossible... and the fruits of those excursions were worth it.

Could be a fun pet project....
Is this server hierarchy pdf included in the source file download? Or do I need special permission to obtain it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
now that the game is no longer free to play work on this repack should resume.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have read first post, but I am uncertain. As I understood, this repack contains both compiled and source versions of client and server. I would like to obtain only the source files, without the compiled versions. First post states:
"The source is a 1 Part rar file named: src-2015-02-03.rar"
If this file contains the client/server source, why it weights only 400mb? Archives in GigaTony's thread:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f898/nwo-sto-source-data-tutorial-1047042/ weight 30+ gb.
Thank you.

P.S. I ask those details because I am on traffic at the moment...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi! May I ask which console commands can I use to complete bugged quests?

Thanks for response!!!

Back