Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Community ,

How can I change or recompile the server and the client in German?

Thanks in advance for your tips and help

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello Community ,

How can I change or recompile the server and the client in German?

Thanks in advance for your tips and help

All files you need is in the Cryptic folder, change them before compiling... good luck, becouse it has HELL of a ton text XD

BTW: My Links are updated due to mega was concerned that my files are way bigger than 50GB so i separated them to 2 separate account. Download both of them!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there! Thanks for this repack it's working nicely so far, however I've got one show stopper issue for me and my mates.

I'm getting the exact same problem this guy was having in this, now closed thread: https://forum.ragezone.com/f900/rank-sync-1065421/

We've done the same as these guys did, even tried a proper level through the level 10 mission (not administratively completed) and the Admiral sent me to the Ship Yard, but the requestion officer still does not see my rank properly.

Capture.PNG - [Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source! - RaGEZONE Forums

I've looked under the ObjectDB admin "viewxpath?xpath=ObjectDB[1].globObj.EntityPlayer[9]" and see I have succeeded Rank_1 + Rank_2 and Rank_3 is Inprogress, I would also take it from this that it all should be correct?

Capture1.PNG - [Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source! - RaGEZONE Forums

I saw inb this thread the solution was to switch over to https://forum.ragezone.com/f898/repack-star-trek-online-unzip-1047849/ repack. I'm just wondering what might be different in the two as I'm not looking forward to another long download! :p

Also, a final question- is it possible to change XP rates server-wide on a permanent basis? I've been searching a lot of the flat text file defs but can't find such an option, or is this only achievable via the boosts/etc?

Thanks so far!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wheres the dll.rar??? as it said there was suppost to be links for them

IMPORTANT:
You will need 2 files from Visual Studio 2008 Professional.
mspdb80.dll and mspft80.dll (they can be found attached as dll.rar at the bottom of this thread)
These 2 files need to be placed into the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin
They are required for Code Analysis and a necessity for compiling.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Flyer8472 - [Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source! - RaGEZONE Forums
Originally Posted by Daereth Flyer8472 - [Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source! - RaGEZONE Forums
Also, a final question- is it possible to change XP rates server-wide on a permanent basis?

Sadfully; you cannot. i did not found the rates either.[/QUOTE]

can i correct you on this aspect ..... yes you can change exp rates an drop rates
check into the C:\cryptic\data\defs\config PlayerDifficulties

the only place i seen it under is the hard settings
NumericRewardScale 1.25 < exp rate
DropRateMultiplier Common 1
DropRateMultiplier Uncommon 1.5
DropRateMultiplier Rare 10
DropRateMultiplier VeryRare 20

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, okay, but i guess this is the partial settings, soo.... dunno maybe... :\ maybe if you are able to access to the normal settings too..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for this wonderful release!
Never played STO before so I'm having lots of fun now.

One question though: I can login with any password. Is it just me or this is normal?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Accounts get auto-generated, unless the source code is modified to require passwords.
NW is setup to require passwords now, but generally it wasn't how I did things.

Should not require password on the LAN either.

Thanks for info!
Is it possible to setup STO so that it would require passwords when playing in LAN?
If not in LAN maybe in Public then?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't understand why i have this error :
Flyer8472 - [Release] Star Trek Online Repack Extract and play - Compiled from DNC's Source! - RaGEZONE Forums

It seem to be ObjetDB .

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Server and such seems to all launch fine through the MCP, but when I start the client and try to log in, it just sits on "Connecting to account server..." for a while, then returns to the login screen with a red timeout error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, what the - a private STO Server!!!! :eek:tt: :w00t:

But i have a problem with downloaded new_basesrc_bins.rar - i can't extract it. 7zip says corrupted, rarzilla says corrupted, speedcommanders says... I downloaded the file multiple times - no chance to extract. Could you please reupload that file? Thx.

And sorry my english.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay Winrar 5.30 does it! But the Password is only RaGEZONE. Thx!!!! :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was wondering, what season of STO does this release have? And can we get it to trigger the holiday events? If so, then all I have to do is get the files :)

Back