Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Installation Instructions:
1. Unzip to the root of any drive (doesn't need to be C:\)
2. Run 1_Start_MCP.bat

-----------------------------IF YOU HAVE 10+ GB OF RAM-----------------------------
3. Press the Big Green Button and wait for everything to start

-----------------------------IF YOU DON'T HAVE 10+ GB OF RAM-----------------------------
3. Press the "Bafflingly Complex Mode" buttton
4. Start the following services (these will allow you to run a 'full shard' which you can play in, but may be missing a few features such as chat or PvP queues):
Code:
 -LogServer 
-TransactionServer
 -ObjectDB
 -MapManager
 -LoginServer
 -Multiplexer 
-AccountServer
 -AccountProxy Server
5. Start the client from the MCP

-------------------------------------NOTES-------------------------------------
I have disabled ALL of the code which allows any of the programs to 'phone home' to Cryptic or Vivox, but in case I missed something (highly unlikely) STOP using the repack IMMEDIATELY and post here/PM me so I can fix it.
If you believe you have found an external connection occurring which you have not caused yourself, PM me your Logs directory as well as your Windows Hosts file. Without these I will not be able to tell if the game is causing the connection or if something in your environment is

If you find issues with the repack please post here. The more descriptive your bugreport, the faster I'll be able to fix it. DO NOT PM ME BUG REPORTS (unless it has to do with the software phoning home)

It would be wise for someone to mirror this.

Link:
(Password: RaGEZONE)

You can automatically create an account just by signing in with a username (password not required) on the same machine as the server. Accounts created this way automatically have super-admin access.
If you want to create accounts to use on LAN go to 127.0.0.1:8090 and use the 'create new account' form to add an account with a lower access level.

Useful Console Commands (opened with ~)
Code:
/accesslevel 9 (must be typed in chat box) - activate the console and grant maximum access (must have a dev account)
accesslevel 0 (in the console) - deactivate the console and suppress dev warnings
giveitem - give yourself an item. you can start typing and use TAB to autocomplete to find item names.
   -If you want to add ships, most ship item names start with Puppet_Free_*

-----------------HOW TO SET UP THE CASH SHOP-----------------
1. Download this zip file (password: RaGEZONE):
2. Inside there are a bunch of folders with .microtrans files in them, each one defines a cash shop item or service.
3. Start up your server and go to 127.0.0.1:8090 on the machine hosting it, and click on products. Open one of the .microtrans files (we'll use in this example /service/Service_Inventoryslots_F2p.Microtrans, its allows you to buy more inventory slots)
4. We care about a couple of fields in the file:
Code:
    Name Service_Inventoryslots_F2p 
    ProductName PRD-STO-M-SV-F2P-InventorySlots12 <- The 'Product Name'
    Category Service
    Productidentifier InventorySlots12
    Scope Service
    Categories Services <- The catagories it will be sold in
    Categories All <- Ditto
    Shards  PTS,  Live
5. In the webpage you opened, fill out the following fields
-Product Name: The 'Product Name' from the file
-Internal Product Name: StarTrek
-Shards: Dev, Live
-Catagories: ST.X, ST.X where 'X' is one of the catagories from the file (for example for this file we'd put: ST.All, ST.Services)
-Check the "Do Not Associate On Activation" checkbox
-Price: 100 _StarTrekChain (StarTrekChain is CrypticPoints, you can change this value to anything you want)

Here's a picture in case you are confused:
guide2 - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums guide1 - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums

It really should not need to be said, but:
DO NOT HOST A PUBLIC SERVER AND TRY TO USE THIS TO SELL THINGS FOR REAL MONEY. CRYPTIC WILL SUE THE poop OUT OF YOU

Sources (password for both is RaGEZONE):

Apologies for the large size, but since I made so many small edits over several months I couldn't remember all the files that we're changed so I just included everything I may have changed.

How to set up sources
1. Download the main data files from this thread: http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/nwo-sto-source-data-tutorial-1047042/ (Full 50 GB star trek data link)
2. Unpack the files to the root of your drive (this guide assumes you are using C:\cryptic)
3. Unpack my modified data ontop of those data files, replacing on any conflicts.
4. Build the source code by opening C:\cryptic\src\mastersolution\allprojectsmastersolution in VS2010 (needs Windows 7 SDK)
5. Copy compiled executables to the data dir (all binaries except gameserver and gameclient from the C:\cryptic\src\core\bin directory, the server and client from C:\src\startrek\bin directory).
6. Execute C:\cryptic\data\gameserver -makebinsandexitmaster (This will take >15 hours, be patient. If you encounter frequent crashes of gameclient.exe, copy the gameclientforbinning.exe from my sources to C:\cryptic\data and name it gameclient.exe, note this was compiled by cryptic and needs to be firewalled)
7. Go back into the src folder and copy pig.exe from C:\src\utilities\bin to C:\cryptic\tools\bin
8. Run C:\cryptic\data\piggs\hoggs\update_hoggs.bat
9. Copy the executables (including the gameclient you compiled yourself to a new directory (C:\startrek recommended) and the newly made hoggs to C:\startrek\piggs
10. Run the MCP

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
----
Reaction score
OMG it is actually working almost flawlessly!!! Just finished first tutorial and i am in the spacedock / academy part :D sofar so good :D

I will make a mirror from it!!!

Last edited:
----
Reaction score
OK what we dont have:
- I cannot get new ship at new rank(thats a bad one) simply cannot get the ship price and purchace screen is black at the price is simply just "loading.." and nothing happens. I have +1 extra ship slot but cannot buy...
- You can only buy dilithium based selling ships.(15k/40k/120k ect Dilithium each)
- Dilithium Exchange not working - but not necessarry.
- PVE Queue not working
- PVP Queue not working...

How to:
Make admin char - if any
Use commands? - if any
Edit database manually? - If can...

BTW great relase! THX!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK what we dont have:
- I cannot get new ship at new rank(thats a bad one) simply cannot get the ship price and purchace screen is black at the price is simply just "loading.." and nothing happens. I have +1 extra ship slot but cannot buy...
- You can only buy dilithium based selling ships.(15k/40k/120k ect Dilithium each)
- Dilithium Exchange not working - but not necessarry.
- PVE Queue not working
- PVP Queue not working...

How to:
Make admin char - if any
Use commands? - if any
Edit database manually? - If can...

BTW great relase! THX!
With regards to getting a new ship at rank up: This is related to the shop not working. I will put out a fix for that eventually, you can get new ships with console commands for now.

You can also look in the main STO release thread for some info from DNC on how to make the shop work.

PvE and PvP queues work if you have enough ram to run all services.

You can get a list of console commands/access the database by going to 127.0.0.1:80 on the machine that the server is running on. Be aware that there are advanced things there which can completely whack your database and I assume no responsibility if you nuke your DB.

Thanks for your share, but I have this problem

View attachment 149868

Do you know how I can fix it?

Regards,
Elssair.

This is related to your hardware and/or your DirectX version, not the repack. I cannot help you with this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you happen to have a dev account.
You use the ~ tilde key. (IN GAME)

NOTE: (if you have a dev account and the console window does not appear and you have chat servers running)
You may have to type in the in game chat window:
/console
For Regular User
/accesslevel 0
For GM
/accesslevel 4
For Dev
/accesslevel 9
(only GM or Dev can access the console window -- unless Ness199X coded this differently than default)

If you had to type an acceslevel then repress the ~ tilde key at this time, otherwise it should already had appeared. (IN GAME)
Console drop down window appears.
Start to type a command and use CTRL-TAB to get a list of what is available based on what you've typed so far.
Pg-Up / Pg-Dn scroll up and down in the console window
Home / End goes to top or bottom of the console window

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you happen to have a dev account.
You use the ~ tilde key. (IN GAME)

NOTE: (if you have a dev account and the console window does not appear and you have chat servers running)
You may have to type in the in game chat window:
For Regular User
/accesslevel 0
For GM
/accesslevel 3
For Dev
/accesslevel 9
(only GM or Dev can access the console window -- unless @Ness199X coded this differently than default)

If you had to type an acceslevel then repress the ~ tilde key at this time, otherwise it should already had appeared. (IN GAME)
Console drop down window appears.
Start to type a command and use CTRL-TAB to get a list of what is available based on what you've typed so far.
Pg-Up / Pg-Dn scroll up and down in the console window
Home / End goes to top or bottom of the console window

All accounts that are level 3+ should have console access. 3 - 5: GM (various access), 6-8: Admin (various access), 9: Dev/Super Admin (all access)

Reactions: DNC
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ON yop of the screen it tells me Access Level 9
but as soon as i type giveitem game stops and gives error report :(
ill keep trying

the game hangs for a second when you put in giveitem because its parsing all the item definitions. As long as you don't try to tab out or anything like that it should unfreeze after a few seconds.

----
Reaction score
To open console manually type /console into chat ;)

and btw it not crashes be patient its listing a bunch of commands ;)

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
yeah the console works fine ty for that :)

can u tell me what this means

Boosts and numerics cannot be given with this command lol

i was trying the

Giveitem Diithium 1 :) anyways Great Release tons of fun ^^

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
LOL yeah i' have never had that amount of Dill Before :eek:

shame is dosnt work for ec
/givenumeric EC XXXXXX :( haha

works for gpl ship is a minor worrie in time there will be a fix for it..
im not a dev or a programmer so i have no idea how hard it will be or if it can be done

but in the mean time if they can get the shop working,, ^5

be keeping eyes on this thread :)

you realise u have to be lvl 10 to get a new ship right

Reaction score
/console command after login to get currency: /GiveNumeric <string>(numericType) <int>(iValue)
seems the list of currency is in defs\items\Numerics
e.g., GiveNumeric dilithium 100000
note: 'Resources' numericType is Energy Credits
e.g., GiveNumeric resources 100000

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do I need to install STO or is it included with the download?

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
-console command after login to get currency: /GiveNumeric <string>(numericType) <int>(iValue)
seems the list of currency is in defs\items\Numerics
e.g., GiveNumeric dilithium 100000
note: 'Resources' numericType is Energy Credits
e.g., GiveNumeric resources 100000

you seem to know alot about this game thanks for the info
Awesome Really Awesome

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
1 last question from me and i hope you can help with it

setting a fleet:::

normally u need 5 ppl to make a fleet but its just me and my love slave