Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack

----
Reaction score
Well... the mentioned problem never occured to me... check if your account has subscription attached in the accunt interface. It is not enought just to create an account you need to add the subscription too. Also, this repack is not mine repack, so i cannot support it...

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
I also mentioned via PM no longer having access to the video.
Further more this release thread is not the same as the one Flyer8472 had shared in the Release section.
Neither of us can support a repack that neither of us has worked on.

Ask the Thread Author.
Good luck

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do i start like a STF onmy own. Or how do i get the marks to buy stuff on DS9.
And is it also posible to get materials lice arctifacts for crafting XII gear on memory alpha

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Made an account specifically to post this. I've followed the instructions to the letter. Extracted all files to a folder in the root directory of my chosen drive (M:\Cryptic, in my case). I've run through this time and time again. I start the MCP via the batch file, press the big green button, and the server seems to start up, but the game client just...sits there. It won't launch. It doesn't use up resources in Task Manager. I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
then your problem is the exact opposite of mine as i can get the client working just fine but not the server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Andreas, could you send me your client files by any chance? I'm wondering if something got corrupted on my end.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
sure. i do not remember where i put it however and it is kind of late. i can upload it for you in the morning.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was scanning through this thread, and I noticed screenshots of an older version of STO. Is this the version with the original tutorial featuring Zachary Quinto? It would be a shame if it were lost.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For some reason my client has stopped working,it was working a few months ago, the process gameclient.exe starts in the task manager but the client doesnt launch, this happens both to the client I was using but I extracted a new client to another computer and that also doesn't work.

Has anyone been able to fix this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For some reason my client has stopped working,it was working a few months ago, the process gameclient.exe starts in the task manager but the client doesnt launch, this happens both to the client I was using but I extracted a new client to another computer and that also doesn't work. Has anyone been able to fix this?

I just recently installed the repack, because I wanted to test out the tutorial. Everything works and launches for me. I'm curious on which version of the tutorial this is, because it's not exactly the same as Launch. It's close, but not exact. For one, it doesn't start you off on the Observation Deck overseeing the battle with the Borg in space. The doors are not as big & tall, the bridge of your ship is different, and the 3 bridge officers you speak to in the transporter room should be standing up against the wall. Also, you should be able to choose from the three which one you want, but you are given an officer with no choice. Although it is nice that Zack's voice was restored back to his EMH character, all of his voice work for the tutorial tips & hints are missing. I know we all know how to play the game, but it's still nice to hear his voice. Besides, the purpose of emulation is to "emulate" as accurately as possible. Maybe that's as close as we can really get, or maybe this is a version that Cryptic tweaked in between 2010 and 2013. I don't know for sure. There was a time that I left STO for a while due to boredom, and when I came back the tutorial was completely changed (as it is now on Live).

Gripes aside, the work that has been done is nothing short of amazing. Even if it's not perfect, it's still nice to be able to play that story again. I was looking at the episode list, and I'm seeing all of the episodes that Cryptic removed or revamped later. Are those actually working in the emulator?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just downloaded the client again and extracted it to C:/ and sill doesn't launch, does the client require any aditional settings or folders or is the client just made up of the "C:/Star Trek" folder? It stilll won't launch on two seperate PCs It's as if the client just broke itself because it was working a month ago and I had no problems for over a year, but now the client process launches whenever I press GameClient.exe - Shortcut but no window shows up and there is no icon on the task bar, Very odd.

Uptade: I installed the repack again completely fresh and still the Client won't launch, the Gameclient.exe process runs but doesn't appear.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Try using "MasterControlProgram.exe". That's what I use, and the game comes up with no issue for me. I click on that and then the big "green button". Also, when you open it, you may not see it right away. I always have to go to my taskbar and click on it to make the window visible. And every time there is a loading screen, I have to go back to emulation window to bring it back to the front. It's annoying, but it works.

REMOVED

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have always used MasterControlProgram to launch the server but the problem isn't simply the server it is that the client Gameclient.exe will not launch the process runs but the client does not load as it has previously, I am uncertain if it is because I swiched to Windows 10 not too long ago, apparently someone got it to work by disabling their network adaptor.

I started using this repack almost two years ago and had no problems before when using Windows 7 but now the server won't work because Logserver and ObjectDB don't start and the client refuses to launch.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried launching the client on a Windows 7 PC and it launched immediately. So the reason it isn't working is because of Windows 10 as I suspected, I think a recent update a couple of months ago broke the client and server. Now if I can figure out how to get it to work on Windows 10 that would be great.

I don't know how I can rebin the client and the server, I tried running the "2_MakeBinsAndExitMaster" file in the Cryptic/tools/bin folder but It had no effect and the server binner chrashed and the client binner when "gathering system specs" never finishes.

I'm open to suggestions.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried launching the client on a Windows 7 PC and it launched immediately. So the reason it isn't working is because of Windows 10 as I suspected, I think a recent update a couple of months ago broke the client and server. Now if I can figure out how to get it to work on Windows 10 that would be great.

I don't know how I can rebin the client and the server, I tried running the "2_MakeBinsAndExitMaster" file in the Cryptic/tools/bin folder but It had no effect and the server binner chrashed and the client binner when "gathering system specs" never finishes.

I'm open to suggestions.

For windows 10 you need to run it in compatibiliti as administrator and disconnect your Wi-Fi and or Ethernet cable this should fix your problem

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For windows 10 you need to run it in compatibiliti as administrator and disconnect your Wi-Fi and or Ethernet cable this should fix your problem
Tried it just now, Ran it in compatability mode for Windows 7 in as an administrator, I disconnected my ethernet cable and even disabled my network adaptor but still nothing, the process runs in the task manager as usual but there is no window and no icon in the taskbar. I have no idea why it's doing this.

But thankyou anyway.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Tried it just now, Ran it in compatability mode for Windows 7 in as an administrator, I disconnected my ethernet cable and even disabled my network adaptor but still nothing, the process runs in the task manager as usual but there is no window and no icon in the taskbar. I have no idea why it's doing this.

But thankyou anyway.

I'm currently not at home. When I get back I will lookup some stuff and let you know. Have to get sto of my server onto my system will get back to you buddy. If you have time please look me up on Facebook jordy Koetiser with an image of a computer setup with 3 screens. So that we can communicate easy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm currently not at home. When I get back I will lookup some stuff and let you know. Have to get sto of my server onto my system will get back to you buddy. If you have time please look me up on Facebook jordy Koetiser with an image of a computer setup with 3 screens. So that we can communicate easy

Update: I Bought a new hard drive and after a long time of attempting to install windows 7 on an external hard drive and failing to boot I installed the hard drive as a secondary hard drive in my PC to which I installed Windows 7 after finally managing to get around the lack of USB 3.0 support windows 7 has, I also had to reformat my HDD to a GPT partition scheme to install Windows 7.
After finally getting windows 7 working I finally managed to launch the client successfully after months but another problem popped up,

For some reason I can now no longer launch the Master Control Program, when I do it instantly shows as an empty white rectangle and stops responding.
After hours of installing drivers and updates to windows 7 I attempted to launch it again,
and it worked and launched successfully to my surprise.

I thought it was finally fixed and I exited and finished installing the USB 3.1 driver to windows 7.
Then when I went to launch it again, It was no longer working again, just a white empty window "MCP (not responding)"

To my horror I then lurked the internet for an old windows 10 ISO,
I thought if I can install a version of windows 10 that was older, one before the update that broke the repack, then I could use that instead.

And so I did, I installed windows 10 back from before June 2016 and the first thing I did was test the old STO client, and it worked.

I then went to test the master control program and...

Again, not responding.

I tested it on an old refurbished windows 7 PC I purchased for this very problem, and same problem.

On modern Windows 10 the master control program will launch but the client will not

On 2016 Windows 10 and Windows 7, the client will launch but the master control program will not.

What an Ordeal...

I've ran out of ideas

I don't know if the MCP requires any special drivers, if so I have no idea what.
I attempted to install Microsoft visual c++ from 2005 all the way to 2013 to see if that helped but still nothing.

I think my sanity is slipping away.

And I didn't have much to begin with...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat windows 10 wont work even after following directions, changing compatibility modes,
Ness199X - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums
and disabling network connections. Master Control just sits in a frozen state "Waiting" for Log Server, Transaction server, ObjectDB. Client server, Log server, and Account server are Running. The Big Green button aint working. image in link below.

Ness199X - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums

Back