Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dont know if annyone is still playing this offline mode. But if so could annyone help me out on the folowing things.

As i am alone i cant do anny PVE's and so i am not getting the materials needed for STF goods

Doens annyone know the ~ command for getting

1:Mark X/XI/XII tokens
2:Rare borg salvage
3:Encrypted data chips
4:prototype borg salvage.

5: Crafting materials i can use on memory alpha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dont know if annyone is still playing this offline mode. But if so could annyone help me out on the folowing things.

As i am alone i cant do anny PVE's and so i am not getting the materials needed for STF goods

i asked it even before about commands etc especially for starships but no reply so far

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

???

Okay i try, but last i played Private Server was in 2016, so i hope i remember right.

-> giveitem Itemset_Starfleet_Elite_Force_Ground_T10 (you should get the T10 items... T11, T12...)
-> giveitem Recipe_Borg_Armor_Req_T10
-> giveitem Recipe_Borg_Rare_Salvage_T10

and so on -> take a look at [YOUR DRIVE NAME]:\Cryptic\data\defs\items\Recipe\Raid -> all listed there

Play STF alone:
-> mapmove [MAPNAME OF FIRST MAP OF THE STF] like Kfr_Vega_Raid_Ground (you are then alone on the STF map and you can play it)
after every mapchange you have to do the followed command, because the window vanish after mapchange
-> Ugc_Showedittools (you get a litte window with GODMODE, KILL TARGET...)

There's also a command to spawn npc starships or on ground npc officers so they can help you to kill the enemys.

You can find everything here in the forums. There exists a command list, but i do not the search for you.

Sorry my english but it's not my narrative language.

Hope it helps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol i tried searching for this command list but simply couldn't find it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tried it just now, Ran it in compatability mode for Windows 7 in as an administrator, I disconnected my ethernet cable and even disabled my network adaptor but still nothing, the process runs in the task manager as usual but there is no window and no icon in the taskbar. I have no idea why it's doing this.

But thankyou anyway.

I ma having yours same exact issue, tried the same solutions, nothing works

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello,
I have some experience with the issue of the game client not working on a windows 10 PC. if you've let the system upgrade past windows 10, 1703 build the game client will no longer work. I've had to down grade my gaming system to windows 7 as backing out patches from windows 10 1809 is no longer an option. Also even if you postpone the feature install after a year it will auto install anyway. windows 7 FTW! :(

Thanks!

OBTW... using compatibility mode does not work if you've patched past windows 10 1703...
I've tried everything I could think of.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello,
I have some experience with the issue of the game client not working on a windows 10 PC. if you've let the system upgrade past windows 10, 1703 build the game client will no longer work. I've had to down grade my gaming system to windows 7 as backing out patches from windows 10 1809 is no longer an option. Also even if you postpone the feature install after a year it will auto install anyway. windows 7 FTW! :(

Thanks!

OBTW... using compatibility mode does not work if you've patched past windows 10 1703...
I've tried everything I could think of.

This should work.

Fyi
Code:
virtualMemoryAnalyzeStats(&g_vmStats);
in UtilitiesLib is what breaks the client.

I personally have a problem also though, the servers all appear to be running but when the game tries to retrieve characters it times out and says
Code:
Login failure: Account server connection failed.
Any way to fix?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Ketev, that worked to launch the application. But it now gives me a version mismatch error, looks like the version of the EXE is set to 0 not sure if it matters but your client has Version 0 at the top center of the window. but I don't have that on my original client window running on windows 8.
but try this for the login failure:
D:\Games\StarTrek\GameClient.exe -production -setAccountServer code_game_server -server code_game_server

put that in your short cut. this assumes you have CODE_GAME_SERVER in your hosts file.

I hope that works for you.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks Ketev, that worked to launch the application. But it now gives me a version mismatch error, looks like the version of the EXE is set to 0 not sure if it matters but your client has Version 0 at the top center of the window. but I don't have that on my original client window running on windows 8.
but try this for the login failure:
D:\Games\StarTrek\GameClient.exe -production -setAccountServer code_game_server -server code_game_server
I don't think the client actually fails to connect cause if the account server isn't running I get a different message altogether. It fails to retrieve the characters on that account which is an issue I find hard to debug.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This should work.

Fyi
Code:

I personally have a problem also though, the servers all appear to be running but when the game tries to retrieve characters it times out and says
Code:
Any way to fix?

This should work.

Fyi
Code:

Code:
Any way to fix?

Really nice work with that Windows 10 fix. I also had issues with the version mismatch after using it because I'm running the server on a VMWare and forgot to replace both the Client and Server GameClient exe's. Once both were replaced it's been working perfectly since.

Also for account connection issues the .BAT file I use is:
Code:
  start GameClient.exe -productionMode -DebugContainerID 2  -SetAccountServer 12.0.1.147 -SetLoginServer 12.0.1.147 -Server  12.0.1.147 -hideDevUI 0 -showFPS 1 -showCamPos 0  -ShowLessAnnoyingAccessLevelWarning 0 -IgnoreAllErrors 1  -IgnoreTextureErrors 1
Make sure that you don't have any third-party firewalls messing with your connection. My Avast Antivirus has a firewall that has to be disabled otherwise it messes with all my VMWare connections.

Lastly make sure that the account actually exists in on whatever machine is hosting the Server

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Lastly make sure that the account actually exists in on whatever machine is hosting the Server
So I'm having the same account server problem; when I go to that link and try to look at the account server, I get just get a message

"Server AccountServer(1) exists, but has no direct link, and there's no transaction server"
From looking at screenshots, I think that's supposed to show me an account server page instead.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I'm having the same account server problem; when I go to that link and try to look at the account server, I get just get a message "Server AccountServer(1) exists, but has no direct link, and there's no transaction server" From looking at screenshots, I think that's supposed to show me an account server page instead.
Have you already checked your Host file and made sure it's set up properly? code, code_server, code_game_server need to be set up properly in the Host file. Check this image, your server should look like that when fully booted up and able to access the webpage: Windows 10 has some major issues with this program, it might not be fully starting. That image is from a Windows 7 VMWare I set up specifically to run it. I also don't know if it makes a difference but I have the server set up as "C:\STO".

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm having trouble getting this to work. Can anyone help?

I'm interested in playing this older version of STO so I can see some of the missions that have been removed from the modern game. I have a little itty bit of experience with running (local, solo-only) private servers of vanilla WoW and City of Heroes, but I can't figure this one out for the life of me.

So I followed the instructions in the original post, which seemed simple so I figured it would be a snap.

Step 1 - I run 1_Start_MCP.bat. First I tried the 'big green button' but nothing happens after I click on it. If I click that first and then go to the complex mode, I can see that LogServer is running but everything else is 'Waiting for LogServer" and stays like that forever. So I stopped using the big button and tried with Bafflingly Complex mode.

Step 2 - I get all the services mentioned in the OP running.

Step 3 - The tutorial says that I can launch the client from the MCP, but I can't figure out how. I'm guessing you start the service called 'Client'? When I do that, it says that it's now "Running" but nothing else happens.

Step 4 - So then I tried running 4_start_Client.bat and the Gameclient.exe. This didn't work at first, so I read through the entire thread and found a "Windows 10 Fix" that a helpful person posted. Putting that version of the client in the server folder made it so I could finally start the game client. Hooray!

Step 5 - But then when I try to log in, the account server connection takes forever and eventually times out. It says I can log in locally with any username and a blank password, but that doesn't work. Neither does trying to use a password. Always times out.

Here are some things I've tried:
1. Running the "1_start_MCP.bat" and the "4_start_Client.bat" as Administrator through the right-click menu. This gives me a Windows error that says Windows cannot find "MasterControlProgram.exe" and "Gameclient.exe" - strange, as they're right there in the folder. Running these bat files normally doesn't result in any errors, but I still can't log in through the client.
2. Running MasterControlProgram and GameClient as Administrator directly works, in so far as the programs start, but it makes no difference with actually letting me log in.
3. Towards the later pages of the thread (including in the most recent post), people have posted pictures of modifications to their Windows host file that helped them, so I added those to my host file. Still can't log in.
4. People have also posted a web page that they can access to view account details and other stats on their server - an IP starting with 127.0.0.1. I don't know the specifics but I think that's your own computer's local address. For some reason I can't access it, it just tells me the site can't be reached and it refused to connect. I don't have any firewalls installed or running, including Windows Defender/Firewall.

I don't really know what else to do. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm having trouble getting this to work. Can anyone help?

I'm interested in playing this older version of STO so I can see some of the missions that have been removed from the modern game. I have a little itty bit of experience with running (local, solo-only) private servers of vanilla WoW and City of Heroes, but I can't figure this one out for the life of me.

So I followed the instructions in the original post, which seemed simple so I figured it would be a snap.

Step 1 - I run 1_Start_MCP.bat. First I tried the 'big green button' but nothing happens after I click on it. If I click that first and then go to the complex mode, I can see that LogServer is running but everything else is 'Waiting for LogServer" and stays like that forever. So I stopped using the big button and tried with Bafflingly Complex mode.

Step 2 - I get all the services mentioned in the OP running.

Step 3 - The tutorial says that I can launch the client from the MCP, but I can't figure out how. I'm guessing you start the service called 'Client'? When I do that, it says that it's now "Running" but nothing else happens.

Step 4 - So then I tried running 4_start_Client.bat and the Gameclient.exe. This didn't work at first, so I read through the entire thread and found a "Windows 10 Fix" that a helpful person posted. Putting that version of the client in the server folder made it so I could finally start the game client. Hooray!

Step 5 - But then when I try to log in, the account server connection takes forever and eventually times out. It says I can log in locally with any username and a blank password, but that doesn't work. Neither does trying to use a password. Always times out.

Here are some things I've tried:
1. Running the "1_start_MCP.bat" and the "4_start_Client.bat" as Administrator through the right-click menu. This gives me a Windows error that says Windows cannot find "MasterControlProgram.exe" and "Gameclient.exe" - strange, as they're right there in the folder. Running these bat files normally doesn't result in any errors, but I still can't log in through the client.
2. Running MasterControlProgram and GameClient as Administrator directly works, in so far as the programs start, but it makes no difference with actually letting me log in.
3. Towards the later pages of the thread (including in the most recent post), people have posted pictures of modifications to their Windows host file that helped them, so I added those to my host file. Still can't log in.
4. People have also posted a web page that they can access to view account details and other stats on their server - an IP starting with 127.0.0.1. I don't know the specifics but I think that's your own computer's local address. For some reason I can't access it, it just tells me the site can't be reached and it refused to connect. I don't have any firewalls installed or running, including Windows Defender/Firewall.

I don't really know what else to do. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Steps are:

Open MCP and then Bafflingly Complex Mode. Press the green button in that mode. A lot of things will open and close. It should look like the image I sent with everything as 'Running ... ready' except '... Game Server' won't be started. I usually wait until both command prompts saying 'Snapshot finished ... closing in 30 seconds' close fully. Then click on 'Game Server' and it will load up and turn to 'Running ... ready'.

After that just run the '4_start_Client.bat', if you don't have that just make a .bat with this:

'start GameClient.exe -productionMode -DebugContainerID 2 -SetAccountServer 12.0.1.146 -SetLoginServer 12.0.1.146 -Server 12.0.1.146 -hideDevUI 0 -showFPS 1 -showCamPos 0 -ShowLessAnnoyingAccessLevelWarning 0 -IgnoreAllErrors 1 -IgnoreTextureErrors 1'

Making sure all three SetAccount/SetLogin/Server IP's in the .bat match your CMD prompt /ipconfig and Host file. If it still doesn't work the next thing to check is make sure you aren't using a third party firewall that may be stopping it. I had an issue where my Avast Antivirus has a built in Firewall that completely killed all my connections. I switched it back to Windows Defender firewall and had no more issues.

I'm not sure what operating system you're using but Windows 10 has serious issues with MCP and I've never been able to get it running right. I ended up using a Windows 7 VMWare running on the same computer as the client to run it. Also make sure you don't have duplicate versions of MasterControlProgram.exe running in the background, it doesn't exit gracefully most of the time and will stay in the background silently.

Also as long as you don't have 'Hidden' selected on the MCP next to Game Server it should open a command prompt that actually says what IP Address the server is being posted to. On the Game Server command prompt you'll see it as 'binding listen[_____] to ip: 12.0.1.146, port 7046' right above the 'Server ready <___ load time>' when it's finished loading.

EDIT: I also just remember another weird issue I had in the past. My router has several different channels to connect to. IP was right, firewall was right, but it wouldn't connect to the account server. I changed my WiFi connection to one of the other channels and it worked immediately after that.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Steps are:

Open MCP and then Bafflingly Complex Mode. Press the green button in that mode. A lot of things will open and close. It should look like the image I sent with everything as 'Running ... ready' except '... Game Server' won't be started.

That's as far as I can get. When I click the green button, LogServer goes to "Running..." but everything else goes to "Waiting..." and stays there forever. "Ready" never appears next to LogServer. I unchecked 'hidden' so I could see if any windows ever pop up, and one does - Controller, which shows what's in the screenshot and then just keeps saying "22 servers, 1 gameservers" over and over. Nothing else pops up, even when I leave it running for 8+ hours overnight.

I don't know anything about setting up a Windows 7 VMware, unfortunately. /:

controller - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums sto - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
tried this in the past but never got it working, just gave it another whirl and it loads but how does one create an account to play?

i downloaded the fixed game client exe from the mediafire link, game goes to login screen.

top of hosts looks like; xxx.xxx.x.xx being my machine ip 192.xxx.x.xx

xxx.xxx.x.xx code
xxx.xxx.x.xx code_server
xxx.xxx.x.xx code_game_server

127.0.0.1 crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 jira.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 errortracker.crypticstudios.com
127.0.0.1 code.crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 local.host
127.0.0.1 errortracker.local.host
127.0.0.1 jira.local.host
127.0.0.1 code.local.host

tried opening localhost:8090 in browser to get the account creation page but it fails to connect to the address. (saw that in a posted screenshot)

i changed the 3 ips in the 4_start_Client.bat files to match my machines ip.

the console window also shows a few errors;
5Spz2M9 - [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is the server fully started up? The server should have everything as Ready and Running. Are you using Windows 10/7 or a VMWare? Did you try the alternate Client start .bat?

'start GameClient.exe -productionMode -DebugContainerID 2 -SetAccountServer 12.0.1.146 -SetLoginServer 12.0.1.146 -Server 12.0.1.146 -hideDevUI 0 -showFPS 1 -showCamPos 0 -ShowLessAnnoyingAccessLevelWarning 0 -IgnoreAllErrors 1 -IgnoreTextureErrors 1'

Also if the server is working you don't actually need to create an account. It just connects by whatever username you use. You don't even need to use a password, it will just use the username and blank password to create the account info automatically.

Also as long as you don't have 'Hidden' selected on the MCP next to Game Server it should open a command prompt that actually says what IP Address the server is being posted to. On the Game Server command prompt you'll see it as 'binding listen[_____] to ip: 12.0.1.146, port 7046' right above the 'Server ready ' when it's finished loading.
Make sure to check the Game Server box to make sure you're connecting to the right IP that it's binding to.

Last edited:
Back