Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Installation Instructions:
1. Unzip to the root of any drive (doesn't need to be C:\)
2. Run 1_Start_MCP.bat

-----------------------------IF YOU HAVE 10+ GB OF RAM-----------------------------
3. Press the Big Green Button and wait for everything to start

-----------------------------IF YOU DON'T HAVE 10+ GB OF RAM-----------------------------
3. Press the "Bafflingly Complex Mode" buttton
4. Start the following services (these will allow you to run a 'full shard' which you can play in, but may be missing a few features such as chat or PvP queues):
Code:
 -LogServer 
-TransactionServer
 -ObjectDB
 -MapManager
 -LoginServer
 -Multiplexer 
-AccountServer
 -AccountProxy Server
5. Start the client from the MCP

-------------------------------------NOTES-------------------------------------
I have disabled ALL of the code which allows any of the programs to 'phone home' to Cryptic or Vivox, but in case I missed something (highly unlikely) STOP using the repack IMMEDIATELY and post here/PM me so I can fix it.
If you believe you have found an external connection occurring which you have not caused yourself, PM me your Logs directory as well as your Windows Hosts file. Without these I will not be able to tell if the game is causing the connection or if something in your environment is

If you find issues with the repack please post here. The more descriptive your bugreport, the faster I'll be able to fix it. DO NOT PM ME BUG REPORTS (unless it has to do with the software phoning home)

It would be wise for someone to mirror this.

Link:
(Password: RaGEZONE)

You can automatically create an account just by signing in with a username (password not required) on the same machine as the server. Accounts created this way automatically have super-admin access.
If you want to create accounts to use on LAN go to 127.0.0.1:8090 and use the 'create new account' form to add an account with a lower access level.

Useful Console Commands (opened with ~)
Code:
/accesslevel 9 (must be typed in chat box) - activate the console and grant maximum access (must have a dev account)
accesslevel 0 (in the console) - deactivate the console and suppress dev warnings
giveitem - give yourself an item. you can start typing and use TAB to autocomplete to find item names.
   -If you want to add ships, most ship item names start with Puppet_Free_*

-----------------HOW TO SET UP THE CASH SHOP-----------------
1. Download this zip file (password: RaGEZONE):
2. Inside there are a bunch of folders with .microtrans files in them, each one defines a cash shop item or service.
3. Start up your server and go to 127.0.0.1:8090 on the machine hosting it, and click on products. Open one of the .microtrans files (we'll use in this example /service/Service_Inventoryslots_F2p.Microtrans, its allows you to buy more inventory slots)
4. We care about a couple of fields in the file:
Code:
    Name Service_Inventoryslots_F2p 
    ProductName PRD-STO-M-SV-F2P-InventorySlots12 <- The 'Product Name'
    Category Service
    Productidentifier InventorySlots12
    Scope Service
    Categories Services <- The catagories it will be sold in
    Categories All <- Ditto
    Shards  PTS,  Live
5. In the webpage you opened, fill out the following fields

Here's a picture in case you are confused:
View attachment 149874View attachment 149873

It really should not need to be said, but:
DO NOT HOST A PUBLIC SERVER AND TRY TO USE THIS TO SELL THINGS FOR REAL MONEY. CRYPTIC WILL SUE THE poop OUT OF YOU

Sources (password for both is RaGEZONE):

Apologies for the large size, but since I made so many small edits over several months I couldn't remember all the files that we're changed so I just included everything I may have changed.

How to set up sources
1. Download the main data files from this thread: http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/nwo-sto-source-data-tutorial-1047042/ (Full 50 GB star trek data link)
2. Unpack the files to the root of your drive (this guide assumes you are using C:\cryptic)
3. Unpack my modified data ontop of those data files, replacing on any conflicts.
4. Build the source code by opening C:\cryptic\src\mastersolution\allprojectsmastersolution in VS2010 (needs Windows 7 SDK)
5. Copy compiled executables to the data dir (all binaries except gameserver and gameclient from the C:\cryptic\src\core\bin directory, the server and client from C:\src\startrek\bin directory).
6. Execute C:\cryptic\data\gameserver -makebinsandexitmaster (This will take >15 hours, be patient. If you encounter frequent crashes of gameclient.exe, copy the gameclientforbinning.exe from my sources to C:\cryptic\data and name it gameclient.exe, note this was compiled by cryptic and needs to be firewalled)
7. Go back into the src folder and copy pig.exe from C:\src\utilities\bin to C:\cryptic\tools\bin
8. Run C:\cryptic\data\piggs\hoggs\update_hoggs.bat
9. Copy the executables (including the gameclient you compiled yourself to a new directory (C:\startrek recommended) and the newly made hoggs to C:\startrek\piggs
10. Run the MCP

======================

I noticed that the following download links lead to missing files.

" 1. Download this zip file (password: RaGEZONE): "

" Sources (password for both is RaGEZONE):

"

Is there any other source for these files???

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I change the Event Time and how can I delete the cash shop item for this repack source?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
does anyone have because it has been removed

HOW TO SET UP THE CASH SHOP--
this zip file has been removed has anyone got it:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
does anyone have because it has been removed

HOW TO SET UP THE CASH SHOP--
this zip file has been removed has anyone got it:

Will drop you that today. Keep an eye out for the link :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK, i got it running in windows 10 64bit PRO !!!!!

OK, SO..... what about updating the game to 2022 stuffs ? is that even possible ?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK, i got it running in windows 10 64bit PRO !!!!! OK, SO..... what about updating the game to 2022 stuffs ? is that even possible ?
I believe this is the version just before Legacy of Romulus released... If you can somehow extract modern files they may be compatible...depends on how much the format changed, but a lot of content cannot be ported over. I mean it's over 8 years of development, engine rewrites, etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK, so we can't port 8 years worth of upgrades. Has anyone found IP addresss or information of possible leaks to websites of the STO 2022 version ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If the STO 2022 version leaked I'd very much like it. Just gotta strip out the Pukehard and STD from it and you got a dope game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here is a link with the microtransactions files for those who need it. Link is valid for 30days from now.

If there is a password on the rar it should be RaGEZONE as the original had

See Link last page :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also have all main files stored on 2 drives in case someone needs it. + The source files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question: In a locked thread in this forum, it says a newer 2013 leak happened with only the source code and no assets. Is this the same leak as this one? Or another? All the links are dead so I cannot verify.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do i add the cryptic points

how can i change this
The Currency Exchange is enabled, but is the microtrans key names required for c-point trading are not configured. Check that the proper microtrans category is set for the shard. currencyKey=, readyToClaimKey=

Open Browser

Click View (for view accounts)
Type AccountName
Scroll down to find the results in the attached png file
Left pane --> StarTrekChain
Right pane --> 10000000
StarTrekChain is the same as Zen
There is a max value you can set, so don't go crazy. Use the value supplied in the image.

I cant find it anywhere

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
At a loss and could use some guidance.

using Win10 pro with the server installed to VMWare win7 home basic (because it's small) w/ 32gig ram and 6 cores (on the VM. Host has 128gig ram, 24 threads).

I managed to get the server running in the VM and the client running on the Host (thanks to everyone here). however;

when I run the client it times out when trying to connect to the account server.
on the host I can connect to 192.168.10.105 and get the monitor. I can connect to 8090 and add accounts / products.
if I connect to 192.168.10.105:7004 I get ' Error "bad connection header" ' which makes me think the account server is active and listening. (I don't know a lot about networking/routing)
when the client runs it lists 192.168.10.105 as the server and account server locations. I don't know how to check to see which port it's trying to use, but I assume it's hard-coded to 7004. However, the -SetLoginServer is displayed as an unrecognized command.
Not sure what to check from here and any help would be appreciated.

<< edit >>

I rearranged everything to run on my pc instead of in a VM and it's working. I'd still like to be able to run the server in a VM, but at least I can play. :)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anybody know if there's a way to view the itemDB (list of the items)? Is there a PHP/SQL server or running on it to open it up?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how, how you did it??

Follow the instructions on the original post, then copy these files into the StarTrek directory replacing the old ones:

[posted by Fluo]
these two files should make the repack run in Win 10.
PW same as OP's.

Edit 2: Wrote a little script to automatically install all .Microtrans files. I dont know what good the deprecated folder is so I would remove it prior to running my installer:

To get the store setup just DL the microtrans file from:

[posted by Jordy Koetsier]

unpack and delete the deprecated folder from the microtrans folder (it's not needed).

start the MCP by running 1_start_MCP.bat. Hit the bafflingly complex button and be sure the client is not set to load automatically. Then hit the big green button to start the server. Once it's running, run the microtrans install script provided by Fluo.

create and account on the server by using your web browser and going to 127.0.0.1:8090 and selecting 'create'. Enter an account name and PW.

after that, make sure the IP addresses in the 4_start_Client.bat are set to 127.0.0.1.

run 4_start_Client.bat.

should start up and run.

Back