[Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819
    MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    3Posts

Re: [Repack] Star Trek Online Unzip-and-Go Repack

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiamond View Post
    For some reason my client has stopped working,it was working a few months ago, the process gameclient.exe starts in the task manager but the client doesnt launch, this happens both to the client I was using but I extracted a new client to another computer and that also doesn't work. Has anyone been able to fix this?

I just recently installed the repack, because I wanted to test out the tutorial. Everything works and launches for me. I'm curious on which version of the tutorial this is, because it's not exactly the same as Launch. It's close, but not exact. For one, it doesn't start you off on the Observation Deck overseeing the battle with the Borg in space. The doors are not as big & tall, the bridge of your ship is different, and the 3 bridge officers you speak to in the transporter room should be standing up against the wall. Also, you should be able to choose from the three which one you want, but you are given an officer with no choice. Although it is nice that Zack's voice was restored back to his EMH character, all of his voice work for the tutorial tips & hints are missing. I know we all know how to play the game, but it's still nice to hear his voice. Besides, the purpose of emulation is to "emulate" as accurately as possible. Maybe that's as close as we can really get, or maybe this is a version that Cryptic tweaked in between 2010 and 2013. I don't know for sure. There was a time that I left STO for a while due to boredom, and when I came back the tutorial was completely changed (as it is now on Live).

Gripes aside, the work that has been done is nothing short of amazing. Even if it's not perfect, it's still nice to be able to play that story again. I was looking at the episode list, and I'm seeing all of the episodes that Cryptic removed or revamped later. Are those actually working in the emulator?

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Just downloaded the client again and extracted it to C:/ and sill doesn't launch, does the client require any aditional settings or folders or is the client just made up of the "C:/Star Trek" folder? It stilll won't launch on two seperate PCs It's as if the client just broke itself because it was working a month ago and I had no problems for over a year, but now the client process launches whenever I press GameClient.exe - Shortcut but no window shows up and there is no icon on the task bar, Very odd.

Uptade: I installed the repack again completely fresh and still the Client won't launch, the Gameclient.exe process runs but doesn't appear.
    Last edited by BlueDiamond; 07-07-18 at 01:27 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    3Posts

Try using "MasterControlProgram.exe". That's what I use, and the game comes up with no issue for me. I click on that and then the big "green button". Also, when you open it, you may not see it right away. I always have to go to my taskbar and click on it to make the window visible. And every time there is a loading screen, I have to go back to emulation window to bring it back to the front. It's annoying, but it works.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by starrfoxx; 07-07-18 at 06:32 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

I have always used MasterControlProgram to launch the server but the problem isn't simply the server it is that the client Gameclient.exe will not launch the process runs but the client does not load as it has previously, I am uncertain if it is because I swiched to Windows 10 not too long ago, apparently someone got it to work by disabling their network adaptor.

I started using this repack almost two years ago and had no problems before when using Windows 7 but now the server won't work because Logserver and ObjectDB don't start and the client refuses to launch.
    Last edited by BlueDiamond; 08-07-18 at 02:01 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

I tried launching the client on a Windows 7 PC and it launched immediately. So the reason it isn't working is because of Windows 10 as I suspected, I think a recent update a couple of months ago broke the client and server. Now if I can figure out how to get it to work on Windows 10 that would be great.

I don't know how I can rebin the client and the server, I tried running the "2_MakeBinsAndExitMaster" file in the Cryptic/tools/bin folder but It had no effect and the server binner chrashed and the client binner when "gathering system specs" never finishes.

I'm open to suggestions.

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    11Posts

I tried launching the client on a Windows 7 PC and it launched immediately. So the reason it isn't working is because of Windows 10 as I suspected, I think a recent update a couple of months ago broke the client and server. Now if I can figure out how to get it to work on Windows 10 that would be great.

I don't know how I can rebin the client and the server, I tried running the "2_MakeBinsAndExitMaster" file in the Cryptic/tools/bin folder but It had no effect and the server binner chrashed and the client binner when "gathering system specs" never finishes.

I'm open to suggestions.
    For windows 10 you need to run it in compatibiliti as administrator and disconnect your Wi-Fi and or Ethernet cable this should fix your problem

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy Koetsier View Post
    For windows 10 you need to run it in compatibiliti as administrator and disconnect your Wi-Fi and or Ethernet cable this should fix your problem
    Tried it just now, Ran it in compatability mode for Windows 7 in as an administrator, I disconnected my ethernet cable and even disabled my network adaptor but still nothing, the process runs in the task manager as usual but there is no window and no icon in the taskbar. I have no idea why it's doing this.

But thankyou anyway.

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    11Posts

Tried it just now, Ran it in compatability mode for Windows 7 in as an administrator, I disconnected my ethernet cable and even disabled my network adaptor but still nothing, the process runs in the task manager as usual but there is no window and no icon in the taskbar. I have no idea why it's doing this.

But thankyou anyway.
    I'm currently not at home. When I get back I will lookup some stuff and let you know. Have to get sto of my server onto my system will get back to you buddy. If you have time please look me up on Facebook jordy Koetiser with an image of a computer setup with 3 screens. So that we can communicate easy

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    6Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy Koetsier View Post
    I'm currently not at home. When I get back I will lookup some stuff and let you know. Have to get sto of my server onto my system will get back to you buddy. If you have time please look me up on Facebook jordy Koetiser with an image of a computer setup with 3 screens. So that we can communicate easy
    Thankyou so much, I'll do that tomorrow as it's a little late, it's well past 10:00 PM here in the UK, but thanks again, you're not obligated to help but I'm gratefull that you'd still give my ignorant self some assistance :), I have no idea what happened that's causing it, I'll try running it on the downstairs Windows 10 PC again.

Did you figure out what might be breaking the Repack?
    Last edited by Future; 13-08-18 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Double post

Advertisement