Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can't actually load the client+other issues

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got a whole host (no pun intended) of issues with the "Unzip And Go" version of STO available under the releases section. Basically I can start up the server fine, the big green button does stuff (though it would be nice to have a notification) and I can access the server control panel. BUUUUT... The client refuses to launch. Launching it via "bafflingly complex mode" doesn't do anything, neither does double clicking on "GameClient.exe" or "CrypticLauncher.exe". Launching it via "4_start_client.bat" just makes it hang on "Gathering System Specs" and I mean hanging. I left it sit for a half hour. I'm kind of at my wits end with this, I just want a trek sandbox :/

In addition to this, the server reports that my computer is "low on ram". It has 32gb of DDR4 RAM. It is NOT low. I've got a poop ton of other issues but these are just the two most prominent.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I saw this issue with my box. The problem I noticed and I bet is your problem is, your running windows 10, aren't you? If so, give up now. I had to put it on one of my lesser pc's (4core 16gb ram vs main pc 8core 32gb ram) running windows 7 to get it to work. Even then it's hit or miss.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Windows 10 indeed. Has anyone been able to get it working under win10 before? Is there any clue as to what causes the problems? I may try to dig out one of my old win7 drives and see if any of them work. Kinda sucks, because STO would be a lot more fun if I had more control :/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You dont want to launch the client via "bafflingly complex mode" only start the servers in there by clicking them one at a time and wainting.

in 4_satrt_Client.bat do you have a diffrent ip than 10.0.0.10? the client start bat looks for ip 10.0.0.10 so you could just need to change it to be the ip for your machine. replace the 10.0.0.10 with your server lan ip which you can get from start>run>cmd then type ipconfig. it will probably be something between 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.255 so look for that.

-SetAccountServer <server ip here> -SetLoginServer <server ip here> -Server <server ip here>

If you click the big green button they will try to launch all of them except the ones where "Do Not Autolaunch" is checked.

"bafflingly complex mode" basically just means "start them yourself then" but clicking the big green button is the same as clicking it in simple mode.

Here you can start them one at a time by clicking on them and waiting. If one get s stuck they will sometimes say "waiting on..." for instance maybe ObjectDB "waiting on LogParser" so if you did not launch that one before you have to launch that one now. I use the big green button too but http://forum.ragezone.com/f898/repack-star-trek-online-unzip-1047849/ lists the ones that have to be launched.

PS: allso obviously anything in "bafflingly complex mode" that does not say "running... ready" is not running or ready so you may need to click it to start it.

PS2: you can lauch the client from the mcp but copy the stuff from the 4_start_client.bat into the command line parameters of the client panel... the box with the three !!! next to the client button.

Last edited:
Back