Can't actually load the client+other issues

MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    5Posts

sad Can't actually load the client+other issues

I've got a whole host (no pun intended) of issues with the "Unzip And Go" version of STO available under the releases section. Basically I can start up the server fine, the big green button does stuff (though it would be nice to have a notification) and I can access the server control panel. BUUUUT... The client refuses to launch. Launching it via "bafflingly complex mode" doesn't do anything, neither does double clicking on "GameClient.exe" or "CrypticLauncher.exe". Launching it via "4_start_client.bat" just makes it hang on "Gathering System Specs" and I mean hanging. I left it sit for a half hour. I'm kind of at my wits end with this, I just want a trek sandbox :/

In addition to this, the server reports that my computer is "low on ram". It has 32gb of DDR4 RAM. It is NOT low. I've got a shit ton of other issues but these are just the two most prominent.

MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    1Posts

Re: Can't actually load the client+other issues

I saw this issue with my box. The problem I noticed and I bet is your problem is, your running windows 10, aren't you? If so, give up now. I had to put it on one of my lesser pc's (4core 16gb ram vs main pc 8core 32gb ram) running windows 7 to get it to work. Even then it's hit or miss.

MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    5Posts

Re: Can't actually load the client+other issues

Windows 10 indeed. Has anyone been able to get it working under win10 before? Is there any clue as to what causes the problems? I may try to dig out one of my old win7 drives and see if any of them work. Kinda sucks, because STO would be a lot more fun if I had more control :/

Advertisement