Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compiling the source (Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
ok not to sure if u need a 32 bit operating system for this
but i get the following

PopeJohnPaul - Compiling the source (Resolved) - RaGEZONE Forums

regards the pope

update

downloading vs2010 ultimate see if it fares any better keep u updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: Compiing the source

I tried to be quick, but I can't be everywhere. :0)

32 bit
32 bit is all that is required and the majority of the apps are Required to be 32 bit.
Only a few that you wont even be using are either or 32 bit vs 64 bit.
You'll still be able to compile these with VS 2010 Pro 32 bit.

Last edited:
☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score

I tried to be quick, but I can't be everywhere. :0)

32 bit
32 bit is all that is required and the majority of the apps are Required to be 32 bit.
Only a few that you wont even be using are either or 32 bit vs 64 bit.
You'll still be able to compile these with VS 2010 Pro 32 bit.

VS 2010 is 32 bit only bro...
Trying to confuse me. :p

oh ok ill stick with 32 bit then cheers

HOPE THIS IS NOTHING lol

only 50 mins in

85>Time Elapsed 00:00:54.85
========== Build: 83 succeeded, 4 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Reactions: DNC
☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score

I cannot see the build log errors. Which 4 projects failed? If you only ran Rebuild All 1 time, you'll need to run it a 2nd time.

doing it now ill post the log

ok same error 90>
90>Build succeeded.
90>
90>Time Elapsed 00:01:32.50
========== Rebuild All: 88 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 skipped ==========

same error

Last edited:
Reaction score

The same window you got the line:
========== Rebuild All: 88 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 skipped ==========

It is called the Output window.
Please right click in the window, select "select all", copy it, paste into notepad, archive the text file (as a PM will most likely, not accept the total length of the output), and send a PM with the link to me.

Or that... give me a minute to examine the contents of your post.

Reaction score

In the right side of Command-Line is it already empty?
Screenshot?

Also, I need the Complete output from the build.
:0)

Take your time, not rushing you in any way bro.

You can run.
At the top of Visual Studio with the solution open.
Build (toolbar option) - Clean
Build (toolbar option) - Rebuild All
When it finishes, post everything from the Output window at the bottom into Spoiler block.
I'll examine it soon as you post it.

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score

ok here is the pic

here is the log
here is the

TOOK A WHILE COS I CLEARED THE LOG LOL
had to rerun
after i cleaned

Reaction score

Give me a minute to extract his code and test build.
I'll have results shortly.
Watch for my update to this post.

There are 4 projects that are currently not set properly for StructParser to be ran on them.
You will right click on each of the following 4 Projects inside Visual Studio (follow through 1 at a time)
ADD the Pre-Build Event / Command-Line entry (from each one).
Code:
..\..\utilities\bin\structparser X $(ProjectDir) X $(ProjectFileName) X $(Platform) X $(Configuration) X $(VCInstallDir) X $(SolutionPath)
You will need to click Apply each time before moving onto the next project.
Here are the 4 project names.
AppServerLib
SyncProjConfig
TestServer
TicketTrackerLib

You will also need to set AppServerLib Pre-Build Event / Use-In-Build to YES

Attached you will find a Replacement StructParser.exe use this one and this one ONLY.
This goes for everyone.

You extract structparser.rar into C:\src\Utilities\bin folder
Without it you will have nothing but SVN errors, etc

---------------------------------
UPDATED
---------------------------------
Just wanted to move this information into one post.

========== Rebuild All: 91 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

The failure will take place in 2 locations.
---------------------------------------------------------
CrypticLauncher.rc: error RC2135: file not found: C:\Cryptic\tools\bin\dbghelp.dll
CrypticLauncher.rc: error RC2135: file not found: C:\Cryptic\tools\bin\CrypticError.exe

You need to open C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\CrypticLauncher.rc

Comment out both lines Approximately line 29 & 30:
IDR_DBGHELP DLL "C:\\Cryptic\\tools\\bin\\dbghelp.dll"
IDR_CRYPTICERROR DLL "C:\\Cryptic\\tools\\bin\\CrypticError.exe"

Click Build (toolbar option) - Build

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 91 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

#Resolved

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score

niceeeeeeee getting further now^^

wonder if ill make the compile stage before i pass out ^^

ok i give up this is gone pettong

over 7000 huge warnings

Code:
92>UGCPaneTree.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCPaneTree.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCMissionEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCMissionEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCMapEditorWidgetsOpt.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCMapEditorWidgetsOpt.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCMapEditorWidgets.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCMapEditorWidgets.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCMapEditorProperties.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCMapEditorProperties.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCMapEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCMapEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCItemEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCItemEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCEditorMain.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCEditorMain.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCEditorFixup.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCEditorFixup.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCEditorActions.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCEditorActions.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCDialogTreeEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCDialogTreeEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCDialogPromptPicker.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCDialogPromptPicker.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCDebugStats.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCDebugStats.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCCostumeEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCCostumeEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCComponentEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCComponentEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCBugReport.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCBugReport.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCAssetSearch.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCAssetSearch.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>UGCAssetLibrary.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'UGCAssetLibrary.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TexWordsEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TexWordsEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TexOptEditor.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TexOptEditor.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TerrainEditorSelect.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TerrainEditorSelect.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TerrainEditorRiver.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TerrainEditorRiver.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TerrainEditorRegression.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TerrainEditorRegression.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TerrainEditorLayer.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TerrainEditorLayer.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TerrainEditorInterface.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TerrainEditorInterface.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
92>TerrainEditorBrushUI.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'TerrainEditorBrushUI.obj' or at 'C:\Cryptic\src\Utilities\bin\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

i have pages of this
but i get this

Last edited:
Reaction score

Warnings are nothing but that Warnings.
Ignore them.
Like I said it was #Resolved ;0) Promise

If its all good just click the Like so I know not to look for updated posts.
Otherwise, reply with any further issue regarding compiling.

Cheers bro

PS Congrats on hanging in there this long.

Reaction score

Either use visual studio or notepad.exe.
You need to open and edit the file:
C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\CrypticLauncher.rc

Comment out both lines Approximately line 29 & 30:
(This means put 2 forward slashes in front of both lines, they look exactly as you see here)
Code:
IDR_DBGHELP DLL "C:\\Cryptic\\tools\\bin\\dbghelp.dll"
IDR_CRYPTICERROR DLL "C:\\Cryptic\\tools\\bin\\CrypticError.exe"
Make them both look like this:
Code:
// IDR_DBGHELP DLL "C:\\Cryptic\\tools\\bin\\dbghelp.dll"
// IDR_CRYPTICERROR DLL "C:\\Cryptic\\tools\\bin\\CrypticError.exe"
And then - Click Build (toolbar option) - Build

Reaction score

Shortly I'll have a List of the Actual .exe files that get copied over. Not all files get copied over.
I'll update the Tutorial thread in just a few minutes.
I'll leave a copy of that listing in here when I finish.
First I need coffee

i think its from the compatible ..

Wouldn't had said it if it were. ;0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back