Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Continued from release thread: "Connecting to account server..."

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Try following the directions....
Clearly states you need to set host table entries.
You'll also require Windows Firewall Enabled and accept the firewall rules.

I know you're new, but it is no excuse.
Search before posting, and Post in the Help section as required.

1 Local or Remote = LAN or WAN (network setup)
2 System Local should be en_US
3 I would validate that you have UAC disabled or that you have at least flagged the *programs required as ignored.
4 Make sure there is no anti-virus running during setup through running the code.
5 Windows Firewall should be enabled and you will have to accept all firewall rules.

The LMHOST host entries need to be adjusted.
============================================
If you are playing on the LAN - then both Client and Server machines will use the following:
Add these 2 host table entries:
Make sure to use Your LAN IP ( in this example you are using: 192.168.0.2 )
Code:
192.168.0.2 code
192.168.0.2 code_game_server

If you are playing on the WAN (IE Public network) - then both Client and Server machines will use the following:
Add these 2 host table entries:
Make sure to use Your WAN IP ( in this example you are using: 8.8.8.8 which is actually the IP of the google DNS )
Code:
8.8.8.8 code
8.8.8.8 code_game_server

Next reply / post, put it in the Help section.

My apologies... I didn't realize the Help section was for all releases, that's why I posted on the specific release.

My hosts and lmhosts have both been modified. I've tried it with the provided code using my LANIP (## used in lieu of actual number here):

192.168.1.## code
192.168.1.## code_server
192.168.1.## code_game_server

As well as with just a local redirect (127.0.0.1) and the result is the same either way. I have also confirmed that LMHost is enabled in my IPv4 settings.

The server and client are on the same machine. OS is Windows 10 64-bit. Windows firewall has Inbound Rules for all entities.

I haven't tried disabling UAC, but if you really think that will help I can do so. I am running everything as administrator, though (MCP, Client, etc.)

EDIT: I tried changing the command string in the client shortcut to direct it to "localhost" instead of "code_game_server" just to see what would happen. This resulted in it stalling at "Connecting to login server..." instead. Not sure if login is before or after account, but wanted to provide any info I could. I've copied the backup I made of the original shortcut back into the folder, so everything is back to being as intended for the moment and I'm back to "Connecting to account server...".

Last edited:
Back