Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for Help on how to find the Mission files location, and maybe Editing them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, first off this is totally awesome, I Missed this version a lot, thank you for finding and fixing it. Everything seems to run just as it should. There are however a couple of errors in some of the missions like the ever popular "Treasure Trading Station" and a few more.

Basically I am looking for a way to get into the files where the standard Mission files are stored.

Honestly I have not dug into the hogg files or pig files myself yet. I am hoping someone can point me the right way before I go digging in the wrong place. If I can find a way to fix them I would be happy to share the result. Thanks in advance for any help.

Update: I do know that the foundation editor is there, but that is not really what I am looking for exactly. Although it might work if I can find out how to pull the "official stories" and use the editor to change them. Particularly it looks like some events are out of sequence and some do not trigger at all.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still have not started to dig into the files yet, but I have found a couple of things that might help on the missions that are still bugged;

First the Pause before you enter cargo bay six and click the door and unpause workaround still works on this version of "Treasure Trading Station".

Second if your totally stuck on one part of a mission you can use an admin workaround: The "OpenMissionCompleteCurrentPhase" command will let you step through the current mission, and "MissionCompleteCurrentAll" will just finish all the missions in your active list and let you turn them all in. Also play with access level 0, some of the quests have non fatal errors that will fall into a loop of warnings if you are higher than accesslevel 0.

Im taking my time on this and playing the whole mission sets, Patrol missions, and everything through (Mostly because it is fun), before I try to look at fixing anything. So it may take a while before I have any real answers.

Meanwhile: fun fact you can actually add the abilities of other races with Power_Add Founder_Lung, Founder_Lung_Back, etc. if say you wanted to play as a founder, why not, just use "Power_Add Founder_" and hit ctrl+tab to see the list. you need to use accesslevel command to increase your access level first though. But it also works on ships, there are battle Cloaking_Player_Combat cloaks and other neat things in there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here is a great one, You can Join a pve or pvp queue normally and use queue_autofillmyqueues to go in as a single player, or with smaller groups than the min, But it is painful alone. This whole thing does work as lan game for sure, I think you could set it up for wan games, but I would not suggest it. That is just asking for trouble, but I know I can play with friends over lan or vpn as a lan game.

I have used the Damage_Buff_1000 to even it up a bit in the fleet actions. Damage_Buff_ comes in flavors of 10% 20% etc up to 100% then 200, 300, 500, 1000% which is the _1000 damage and lets you do 10x damage to even things up a bit in one man fleet actions.

There are also Damage_Resist in 10% intervals, these all work in space and on the ground, The Damage_Resist_Changeling is kind of fun, you get the same resistances a changeling has. melee immune, high energy resist.

Correction: Once the queue Auto fill is on you do not actually need to tell it to start it will send the pop-up to start on its own, it just takes a couple seconds.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open the Console and type Ugc_Showedittools and you get a window with, kill target, god mode...

Quintazon - Looking for Help on how to find the Mission files location, and maybe Editing them. - RaGEZONE Forums

You can use it at ANY map, not only in the Foundry like on the Live Servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is still really into this but I though I would just put in I am actually on DNC's version. However, I did recently use the EXE version I got form Ness199X thread to get it working on the newer windows, so the exe seems to be close enough to work. However, after switching I noticed, there seem to be differences in some of the commands and some of what I have does not work like "OpenMissionCompleteCurrentPhase" nolonger seems to work after the update, but big thing is I was able to transfer the server to a newer server so I can live with that. I have used "ConsoleShowOptions 1", if I just want all the options to pop up.

Warning here though if you do it with giveitem.. the list could be so long you time out because it shows everything ie if you started with "undine" it would show "spacewep_undine_something" and "undine_something" and "something_something_undine" and starts with the first letter so basically at "u" you will see anything that has the letter "u" in it.

if you just want another of what you already have you can look it up by turning item debug info on "itemdebug 1". When you look at it it will list the description under in grey, something like "spaceitem_engines_something" or so.

At any rate mine has been up for a long time now, but I really just play on lan or vpn with one or two other people, and I know this is kind of self necro but I reading this again recently bugged me about the differences in the new setup I have, but anyway this can go back to sleep now.

Back