Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NPC / Item / Map Editing?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone had any ideas about how to edit Maps, NPCs, Or Items.

In this case.. I would love to add my own NPC's to Earth Spacedock for example... Or perhaps choose statistics for my own items. Maybe even edit my own maps. Not really sure where to begin looking and I've been through a large majority of the console and am not finding anything.

I've also been looking into Tailor options... but even those aren't really helping much. Obviously getting the 3 pieces of Omegaforce gear gets you the OF visuals... but Setspecies doesn't work even though I've gotten TR:Unrestricted.

...Notes/Findings...

After Enabling Accesslevel 9, the "debugitem" command will allow you to see item internal names... this should help with finding Maco/Omegaforce or Aegis gear internal names while talking to the NPCs.

The Command Costumecreator.Setslottype 66 will allow for mix and match of outfit types... [uniform, maco, off duty, etc]. Costumecreator.Setspecies will allow for gorn/saurian/ferengi parts, as well as cross-faction equipping.. but the outfit will not save! This is because Cryptic had "fixed" this feature by the time this version came out.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To edit item stats you have to look in the C:\Cryptic\Data\def files and change stuff there then remake bins.

Regarding Editors:
But I got the editor working at least as far as getting it to display (haven't tried further):
I fixed this by
commenting this line (I am too lazy to figure out what it means)
// assert(chdir(srcdir) == 0);
and adding
chdir(srcdir)
although I am guessing that the program cannot change to the directory that srcdir contains and it might be making the editor usable.
in C:\src\Utilities\AssetManager\main.c
and in the same file removing something from a line to make it look like this:
AUTO_STARTUP(AssetManager) ASTRT_DEPS(GraphicsLib, WorldLib, UILib, WorldLibZone);
then creating a shortcut to the assetmanager with -productionMode 0 since it can't run in production mode
now it works.

Make sure to add -productionMode 0 to the command line of other editor like applications.

I changed this line
strcat(moduleFilename, " -notools -StartMatEd -maxInactiveFPS 2");
to this
strcat(moduleFilename, " -notools -StartMatEd -maxInactiveFPS 2 -productionMode 0");
in materialeditor.c
and now the materialeditor opens (or at least part of it).

Now how to use it, that is the hard part, esp. since I doubt the editor can find the files it needs in the current state.

Hmm in developer mode you can fly around if you hit F2.
Also in ObjectDB you can go up to access level 11 by using Access_Internal instead of Access_Debug

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i have access level 9, but when i type in console debugitem it says wrong command ?

Back