Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Easy to use Odin Launcher

Reaction score
After months of work, problems (Launcher UPDATES Section - RaGEZONE forums), challenges and trying to fix and create a launcher I have finally finished my launcher. I will be releasing version 1 here for everyone to use.

Download:

How to setup:
1. Download and extract above file.
2. Go into windowsapplication1 > windowsapplication1
3. Open WindowsApplication1.vbproj (You must have visual basics installed. Preferably 2012)
4. Go into Form1 code view
5. Edit all of my ip's (127.0.0.1) to your own.
6. Put login.php on your webserver.
7. Open login.php and edit your details at the top.
8. Make sure that in the launcher it's pointing to the correct location. ( ) With your web server port and ip and then the login.php location.
9.Go into WindowsApplication1 project tab
10. Go on publish
11. Choose your publication destination
12. Click publish.
13. Put the exe where you client.exe is and create a shortcut on your desktop directing to that.

You can use a webserver such as WampServer, XWamp and ISS.

If you have any problems post them here.

CREDITS:
iStu
NextIdea
Black12
Iocere

And anyone else who helped. Sorry if I missed you out.

FAQ:

Q: I get this error or something similiar: mssql function undefined.

A: Make sure your webserver has mssql compatabilities. Here is how to install wamp with mssql.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/get-wamp-work-mssql-673301/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f723/setup-wampserver-mssql-841598/

Q: What do I type in User, Pass and Host?

A: Your mssql host (NAME-SQLEXPRESS) and a user and pass. Default one usually works best. (sa)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Months of work for a launcher? Damn, son.

Why don't you make a variable in the launcher with the IP on it? Instead of people having to edit every one of them, they'd just have to change one.

Reaction score
I've made that for myself. I've made it so that I can change the ip, port, title and anything else all via webserver. No need to edit the launcher.exe. It's pretty much like Stu's. It's not included in this but it wasn't very hard to make that. Also it took me months because I had no previous experience in such a thing.

Now I am working on a patching system also similar to Stu's. If I can make it like that, it would be great.

Reaction score
After seeing that md5 function, I'm not too sure.

But at least you're trying to learn. I'll give ya that. 99% spoon fed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anybody help me :)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in C:\Xampp\htdocs\patcher\Login.php on line 11

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you this launcher still work perfect here .. right now i can have the server.. :p:

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dunno but you guys are using an very very old version of PHP or i dont know. There is no MSSQL_CONNECT in PHP. There is only sqlsrv_connect which is using arrays, not strings. This Login.php script might work with mysql but not with MS SQL.
Oh and yes, i tried Apache2 and IIS both with several PHP versions 5+ ( no idiot whould use an older ).

Before anyone now starts to argue about php_mssql.dll i have to say that there is no such file for PHP anymore. They now are calles php_sqlsrv_5X-ts.dll ( where X is the version number after 5 like 54 for PHP 5.4 )

Anyways, here is all you need to tweak PHP to be enabled to use mssql.

the DLL files must be copied to your ext Folder of PHP
you have to add this line to php.ini --> extension=php_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll
do NOT uncomment the php_mssql.dll
You have to copy the php5.dll into your PHP folder ( not the ext folder of PHP ! The one with php.exe and php.ini in it ! )

Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered to change all the functions to the newer mssql functions so I stuck with the old one. It wasn't just for Login.php I have some other files also, so I just stuck with the old one.

Last edited:
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered to change all the functions to the newer mssql functions so I stuck with the old one. It wasn't just for Login.php I have some other files also, so I just stuck with the old one.

Should not be a harsh comment from my side. I just was sitting here getting errors over errors so i changed it :D:
Actually i totally dumped your system and be doing all stuff with my CMS using MySQL linked to the MS SQL server which is a much more powerfull way to write launchers for because people can use their forum accounts to login, change their passwords directly on forum page etc etc ...

( if anyone needs a guide how to connect mysql with mssql, check this page: )

Reaction score
Yes it is better to use the forum as your user system but then you have a higher risk of hackers gaining access to that information. That's what I believe anyway. I'd rather keep it separate as it might confuse some retarded users. And it makes life easier.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes it is better to use the forum as your user system but then you have a higher risk of hackers gaining access to that information. That's what I believe anyway. I'd rather keep it separate as it might confuse some retarded users. And it makes life easier.

True. Thats why i mainly use a self programmed CMS from mah company so people its much harder to find bugs that maybe open backdoors than systems where anybody can google them :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i have problem in the login php
Notice: Undefined index: Username in C:\xampp\htdocs\patcher\Login.php on line 7

Notice: Undefined index: Password in C:\xampp\htdocs\patcher\Login.php on line 8
Database connect Fail.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Notice: Undefined index: Username in C:\xampp\htdocs\patcher\Login.php on line 7
Notice: Undefined index: Password in C:\xampp\htdocs\patcher\Login.php on line 8
Your not supposed to open the Login.php without the parameters.
Database connect Fail.
Add proper values to the Login.php!

If you can't do something like this simple then your wasting your time here.

Back