Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Info] Column Meanings for ActiveSkill/Server/View

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So this forum has actually helped me out a lot given that I was introduced to these files just a few weeks ago, and only with some knowledge of java and c++ based on some classes I took and I already have a functioning server that at least works for what I want it to do, and to as thanks you I'm gonna give back to the community with some info i found from my experimentation. Maybe this will help out other newbies like me because I reference these kinds of threads for every little thing I do to those shns.

So first off: active skill.
ID: this is self explanatory right? Each skill has to have a unique ID even if it's Slice and Dice [01] and Slice and Dice [02]. Still have to have 2 unique IDs.
Inxname: Basically whatever you want, just no spaces. Name this the same way you would name a new variable, so you might want the first character to be a letter not a number. This also has to be unique.
Name: Whatever you want to call the skill. You don't have to show the step of the skill like "[01]" in the name, but it's a good habit to have.
Grade: In the future OnsOnsSoft may implement, or may have implemented, higher grade skills. . . or this is a boolean statement, either way every skill has this value as 1. I don't know what happens when it's not 1.
Step: This is where you'll reference what step of a skill this is. Keep in mind the Step has nothing to do with the skill being together in the same list when you look in the skills window in the client. You know. . . you see the skill like "Slice and Dice [01]" and then you click the arrow and it shows you "Slice and Dice [02]" the only way to separate them is to change the "Name". This means that if you call it "Dice and Slice [02]" it will appear right under "Slice and Dice [01]" in your skill window as if it's an entirely different skill. For active skills step is simple. Slice and Dice [02] is step 2. But for production skills step represents the milestone between production skills. You know when you're in stone production and you just start out so you get like Elrue tier 1, Lix tier 1 and Xir tier 1 until you get 1000 points and then you get step 2. But you can have multiple production skills on the same step even if the tiers are different.
MaxStep: If you hadn't noticed fiesta's files are extremely fragile. Any little mistake you can think of can probably crash the server and/or the client. Make sure you declare max step for every step of the skill and that it is equal to the highest step. This is kind of like those checksum things they do in other files. I'm not sure why it's necessary but it might be because the files use for loops to read shns or something whatever the case, be careful with this stuff.
DemandType: This defines what weapon you need to use the skill.
0 - One Handed Weapon
1 - Two Handed Weapon
2 - For monsters and Production Skills
3 - Any Weapon
4 - Hammer
5 - Mace
6 - Nothing
7 - Shield
8 - Bow
9 - Crossbow
10 - Staff
11 - Wand
12 - Claws
13 - Dual Swords
DemandSkill: This means you can't learn the skill until you have learned the skill defined here.
UseItem: You can probably make a skill consume an item but all skills have this set to 0 which likely means false
ItemNumber, ItemOption, DemandItem1, DemandItem2: Again, no skill uses these
SP: This is the skill's SP Consumption. I do not know what happens if you use skill empowerment to reduce SP consumption to something in the negatives. I can bet money it will crash the game. Be careful when altering SP consumption.
HP: Same as SP but HP consumption. HP consumption is not shown to the client, so you would have to add this to the skill description if you want the players to know.
Range: Maximum distance at which the skill can be cast. 0 is represented as 1.5 meters. and 450 is represented as 13.5m. You can do the calculations for however they find those numbers if you want to. I sure wont.
First and Last: This is how you define the skill's targeting methods. This also tells you who will be affected by the ABStates defined in the skill. This may also have an effect on the EffectType and Special Indexes.
0 - 0 Selected Target Enemy (basic attack skill) ABStates go to the enemy
0 - 1 Selected Target Enemy and ABStates go to enemy? Don't think it's any different than 0 - 0
1 - 0 Self and ABStates go to enemy (AOE Attack like magic burst)
1 - 1 Self and ABStates go to the caster (Personal buff like Vitality)
1 - 2 Self and ABStates go to friendlies, specifically party members.
1 - 3 Self and ABStates go to friendlies even outside of the party.
2 - 2 Self and ABStates go to friendly party members automatically (Like protect and resist)
3 - 3 Self OR selected Friendlies even outside of the party (like dispel or cure)
4 - 0 Location and Effects go to enemies (Frost Nova)
4 - 1 Location and no one recieves any ABStates (Dash) Not sure about this one.
4 - 2 Location and ABStates go to party members (Invigorate)
5 - 0 ???
6 - 6 ???
7 - 7 ???
8 - 8 Friendly/Self (not shown in client window)
IsMovingSkill: True(1) or False(0) can you cast the skill while running? You can even make this true on skills with a cast time, but you won't be able to cancel casting the skill once you've started.
UsableDegree: Almost always 180, not sure what this does
DirectionRotate: Almost always 0, one of Karen's skills is 180. You can play around with this if you want to.
SkillTargetState: Almost always 0, but different for special skills like production skills.
CastTime: 1000 = 1 second. Self explanatory.
DlyTime: This is the skill cool time. 1000 = 1 second.
DlyGroupNum: If you want another skill to cool while this one does like Concussive Charge and Devastate, then you would give it the same group number.
DlyTimeGroup: If you want said skill to make other skills in the group cool for a specific time define it hear. You could make it longer or shorter than the skill's actual cool time.
MinWC: Minimum Damage
MaxWC: Maximum Damage. These values are not shown to the client, you will have to write them in the skills description.
MinMA: Minimum Magic Damage
MaxMA: Maximum Magic Damage. No skill can deal both magic damage and physical damage at the same time. You will specify what kind of damage the skill does in ActiveSkillServer. You will have to choose between Damage, M.Damage and Healing.
AC: Defense. I don't know why or how this is a parameter ¿? but believe it or not, some boss skills do have a certain amount of defense declared.
MR: M.Defense
Area: Minimum distance a non-selected target can be to be affected by the skill. This also affects the diameter of the area you'll see when you want to place a location-based skill.
TargetNumber: Maximum amount of targets within the given area that can be affected. I think this is stupid, it should be infinite. I usually go ahead and make this 100 for every skill. Not sure what the maximum actually is. If 101 people go after chimera, the farthest person away will never take damage. That's basically how this works. But maybe that could be like a strategy, somebody should do something with that.
DemandClass: This works just like "WhoEquip" in item info you can see here.
62 - Fighter
60 - CleverFighter
56 - Warrior
48 = Glad/Knight
16 - Gladiator
32 - Knight
62 - Fighter and higher
1848 - Warrior Paladin
1824 - Knight Paladin
1984- Cleric ++
1920 - HighCleric
1792 - Paladin
512 - HolyKnight
1536 - HolyKnight + Guard
1024 - Guardian
63488 - Archer
61440 - HawkArcher
57344 - Scout
16384 - SharpShooter
32768 - Ranger
2031616 - Mage
1966080 - WizMage
1835008 - Enchanter
1572864 - Warlock + Wiz
524288 - Warlock
1048576 - Wizard
58720256 - Renegade
33554432 - Reaper
16777216 - Spectre
65011712 - Trixter
62914560 - Gambit
50331648 - Spectre / Reaper
Common/Everything else - 67108862
StaName(A, B, C, D): So a skill can have up to 4 unique effects. The skill does not descriminate like debuffs to enemies and buffs to allies. You can make a skill cast a debuff on the caster and probably a buff to an enemy depending on how you declared First and Last but you can't make a skill put a certain buff on the caster and a certain buff on the enemy. Us the name of the ABState in ABState.shn, not the name of the SubABState. Some SubABStates are not just the ABState with "Sub" added in front like the IceField debuff, StaIceField, references the Sub ABState "SubStaEthereal".
StaStrength: This is how you define which subABstate it will choose. If you have 2 effects on the skill from the same ABState but 2 different strengths. It will ignore the one subabstate and cast the higher strength one instead, so be careful about that.
StaSuccessRate: 1000 = 100%
nIMPT: Maximum points you can put into damage skill empowerment. Usually 0 or 5. I guess it's possible to make it 4, 3, 2, or 1, but not greater than 5.
UnkCol0: Maximum points you can put into SP consumption reduction
UnkCol1: Maximum points you can put into Effect duration bonus
UnkCol2: Maximum points you can put into Cool Time Reduction
nT0 ~ UnkCol6: Damage bonus per 1~5 points
nT1 ~ UnkCol10: SP consumption Reduction
nT2 ~ UnkCol14: Effect duration
nT3 ~ UnkCol18: Cool Time
EffectType and Special Indexes: I actually find it very difficult to tamper with these. It seems like you wont be able to create a very unique skill by manipulating these values, they're extremely specific. This also tells the client how the skill will appear in ActiveSkillView. If it does not have the special indexes similar to frost nova it will not show the DoT area affects. For this reason, God's Benevolence, the level 110 cleric skill, will not show any animation because it's index is unknown to the client. If you give it the same effects as Frost Nova, you will see the cross come down from the sky and it's loop animation for 12 seconds.
SkillClassifierA/B/C: You can create a skill classifer to represent a group of skills incase you wanted a piece of equipment with set effects to affect multiple skills at once. Instead of saying the set effect affects the skill, you say it affects this skill group like "SWAI". Some jewelry uses this. If you remove a skill's classifier it will not cause any problems with the skill itself.
CannotInside: I think this is for certain pvp skills like Metamorphasis so that you can't use it in a closed space because the bird. . . you know rises up and might go through the ceiling and OnsOnsSoft's developers weren't smart enough to know how to fix that.
DemandSoul: Trickster only, this is if a skill consumes souls like Razor Claw. If you want a skill to obtain souls, like Claw Swipe, you'll declare it in ActiveSkillServer.
HitID: This controls how the damage from the skill appears. Like how multiple numbers come up when you use Slice and Dice. I think this is also responsible for the ABState "StaNortfBurn" that appears when using Flame Slash (6,12-25). Most of the HitIDs were just made for trickster skills.

ActiveSkillServer and ActiveSkillView I will explain later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been waiting for your ActiveSkillServer and ActiveSkillView explanation for 2 years now. When will it come?

Thanks! :8:

Bruh

You posted the index meanings from the exes. That's all you really need in your life.

Back