Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, i said i´ll make a guide for all who got problems with setting up these files.
I won´t post/upload any files without the permission from Muno or Stu and i won´t post/upload any edited files, you have to learn to do things on your own, thats where we ALL started!
This guide will be updated & improved from time to time.

This guide is only for advanced user!
This guide is only for the basic-setup, it won´t help you if you never set up a fiesta server, because there are requirements you need to do with 2008 files first!

This quote describes it very good:
I recommend learning how to use the old files first and getting them to run. These files aren't exactly for those who are new to the pserver scene. Go back to the old files. Learn how to set that up and make it run. familiarize yourself with the files and how they work and then try and setup these new files.

Please use these threads instead:

Before i start, i wanna let you know that i´m german, so please have understanding that there can be spelling/grammar mistakes, send me a PM or post it here. You can also send me suggestions for improvements.
I would also like to ask you to report me every mistake, whether if it is a typing error or something that you think is wrong like a wrong ODBC or database restore name.
Thanks in advance ~

Thanks to Kreain who fixed the base files (Dusk | Link to post) and of course i want to thanks Muno and Stu for this awesome release. Without you this wouldn´t be possible! Even if you left, you will leave your footprints in this scene forever! (Too much drama? xD)

News

2012.11.28 | Guide & Login Tool Update, Client Fix and ReaLife timeout

Many people got problems with the client manipulation error. Tis is caused by a difference between the server- and the clientfiles. The "Odin Installer.exe" isn´t patched, but the serverfiles contain the latest patch.
I don´t want to get spammed by these error, so i decided to release the my raw "ressystem" and "Shine" folder to fix this. Check out Step #1 requirements.
Nothing is edited, deal with it.

The other part of this news post is my timeout. My RL always got priority number one! Thatswhy i´ll timeout from fiesta-scene. I do not know for how long, if there are problems post them in the help-scetion or in one of my threads, someone will help you out.

Last but no least: With this news post the guide is now updated to version 1.3.1! I alos will release an update for my Odin Login Tool, check out the thread!

In advance , i wish you nice x-mas and a happy new year party :D
Regards,

ChubbyCrab

Code:
Guide Version=1.3.1
Last updated=2012.11.28 12:38pm
Author=ChubbyCrab
Skype=chubbycrab

This guide was created for Ragezone. Do not post it elsewhere without my permission. I see everything ~

Credits

Server&Client files + Odin Tools
Base server files (Dusk)
SHN-Editor
  • "CSharp"
"Grammar N4z1" & mistake killer :D
Wise words ;p

• Everyone else who made this possible!

If there are problems post them here or add me in skype!

Changelogs
v1.3.1
  • Shortened some hyperlinks
  • Guide-Version number is now three digits long
  • Sorted required donwloads and added optional options
  • Improved some general descriptions
  • Improved description at Step #8.5
    ->Make sure to click in another field before you save the file!

• Fixed amount of "ItemInfo.shn"-words (Step #9)
  • Fixed some grammar/spelling/typing mistakes
  • Fixed description about Odin REST server port (Step #8.5)
    ->REST server ONLY runs on port 80, do not change it!
  • Fixed the double Step #6, second one renamed to "Step #6.1"

• Added direct-links to names and downloads
  • Added News-section
    ->News added: 2012.11.28 | Client Fix and ReaLife timeout
  • Added some lines to seperate sections
  • Added warning at Step #1 0.3
    ->Make sure there is no # at the beginning of the line!
  • Added warning at Step #8.4
    ->Make sure the IP is set to "127.0.0.1", also if you want to run the server on Hamachi!
  • Added information at Step #1 0
    ->REST server only able to work if the host-file was edited correctly!
  • Added warning at Step #1 7
    ->Every account must have an unique ID and token!

v1.2
  • Improved some descriptions
  • The changelogs now sorted by the latest

• Fixed some grammar/spelling/typing mistakes
  • Fixed the link to client | Thanks to Chestyx3; Link to post
  • Fixed some empty lines
  • Fixed [CODE],
    [LIST] & [URL] tag errors | Thanks to Crystalz; Link to post
  • Fixed some incorrectly expressed descriptions
  • Fixed a bug in the SQL account script (Step #1 5) | Thanks to Crystalz; reported via PM

• Added new headline in credit section
  • Added recommendation for the deletion of the old databases and ODBC settings (Step #4 & Step #6)
  • Added recommendation for the port of the RESR server | Thanks to Stu; Link to post
  • Added color highlighting to some codes

v1.1
  • Fixed some grammar/spelling mistakes
  • Fixed typing error in batch script
  • Added "Known errors"

• Added "[CODE]" tags for codes
  • Added "[I]" tags for file & specific names
  • Changed font for path names

v1.0
  • Release of the Odin Install Guide

Known errors
  • Some undetected spelling/grammar/typing errors :D
  • In some parts are too many empty lines
  • Some mysterious and random space-chars behind sentences :O

Step #1

Requirements:

• READ EVERYTHING ATTENTIVELY AND DO NOT SKIP STEPS!
  • Make sure you have administrator rights
  • Base knowledge about the functionality of fiesta server services
  • Base knowledge about the functionality of MSSQL-Servers
  • Working SQL-Server & ODBC from Fiesta 2008 files
  • Base knowledge about the file format "SHN" and the SHN-Editor
  • Base knowledge about Hex-Editing
  • Base knowledge about the general use of an computer =)

• Odin-Server files & Odin-Client files
  • Server-Services (including Database & Updated RESTServer-Service & Fixed ItemInfo.shn)
  • Hex-Editor, i recommend " "
  • SHN-Editor

• [OPTIONAL]ChubbyCrab`s Odin Login Tool
  • [OPTIONAL] (Public server only)
  • [OPTIONAL] , best text editor ever ~

Step #2

You should now have these files:

• Odin Server.rar
  • Odin Client.rar
  • OdinInstaller.exe
  • Odin.rar
  • ItemInfo.shn
  • OdinRestServer.exe

If you don´t have them, got back to Step #1 and download them from the linked threads.

Put all these files into one folder, so you don´t have to search them all the time when they are needed.

Step #3

Start your SQL-Server and delete all fiesta related databases that are in the "Database"-folder.
This is not necessary, but it prevents errors and confusions!

• Account
  • AccountLog
  • OperatorTool
  • StatisticsData
  • World00_Character
  • World00_GameLog

Do NOT delete "System Databases"! (Just saying ~)

Now unpack "Odin.rar", rename it to "Odin" (called "rar" if you unpack it) and restore all the databases.

Database nameBackup filename
AccountLogAccountLog.bak
OdinAccountsOdinAccount.bak
OperatorToolOperatorTool.bak
StatisticsDataStatisticsData.bak
w00_characterw00_character.bak
w00_GameLogw00_GameLog.bak

Step #4

Time to set up the ODBC. To obtain a better overview, you can delete all fiesta related System-DNS you created for the 2008 files.
New ODBC names:

ODBC nameStandard database name
AccountLogAccountLog
OdinAccountOdinAccounts
OPToolOperatorTool
StatisticsStatisticsData
w00_characterw00_character
w00_GameLogw00_GameLog

Step #5

Go to your main folder and rename the "ItemInfo.shn" into "ItemInfG.shn". You can rename it to whatever you want AS LONG AS THE NUMBER OF CHARACTERS REMAINS THE SAME!

Examples:
  • ItemInf0
  • ItemInf2
  • ItemBoob

If there are more then 8 characters in the name your server won´t work!

Step #6

Open your service-window (Start->Execute->"services.msc") and check out if there are old services from 2008 files. I recommend to delete them, it only irritates you and also prevents errors.
Use this batch script to delete all fiesta related services, it also contains new services:

Code:
sc delete PG_AccountDB_Server
sc delete PG_AccountLogDB_Server
sc delete PG_Login_Server
sc delete PG_World00_Character_DB_Server
sc delete PG_World00_GameLog_DB_Server
sc delete PG_World00_Manager_Server
sc delete PG_Zone_Server
sc delete PG_Zone_Server0
sc delete PG_Zone_Server1
sc delete PG_Zone_Server2
sc delete PG_Zone_Server3
sc delete AccountLogDB_Server
sc delete Character_DB_Server0
sc delete GameLog_DB_Server0
sc delete Login_Server
sc delete Manager_Server0
sc delete AESIRGAMES_OdinRestServer
sc delete Zone_Server00
sc delete Zone_Server01
sc delete Zone_Server02
sc delete Zone_Server03

Step #6.1

Unpack "Odin Server.rar" and copy the "Shine" folder into "Odin\9Data", overwrite everything.

Step #7

Copy the renamed "ItemInfo.shn" (called my one "ItemInfG", "G" for GameLog, you´ll see it in the next steps why) from Step #5 and paste it into "Odin\9data\Shine".
You should now have the normal "ItemInfo.shn" (ca. 3855 KB) and the renamed one "ItemInfG.shn"(or whatever you named it, ca. 2868 KB).

Step #8

Copy the "OdinRestServer.exe" into "Odin\REST\", overwrite the existing one.

Step #8.1

Now open the "OdinRestServerSettings.shn" with the SHN-Editor. Use "v3d" or "v1"! Any other version will bug your files!

Add a new row and paste the following:

Column "Setting"
Code:
OdinServer.TokenManager.EnforceExpireDate

Column "Value"
Code:
False

Step #8.2

Now you have to set the correct servername at "DatabaseManager.DataSource.Server" (First column). It consists of the name of your computer and the name of your SQL-Server.

Synthax: <ComputerName>\<SQL-ServerName>
Example: TEST-PC\SQLEXPRESS

Step #8.3

Make sure that the value of "DatabaseManager.DataSource.AccountTable" (Third column) is "OdinAccounts". Look for the "s" at the end, it is easy to overlook.

Step #8.4

Make sure that the value of "OdinServer.Socket.IP" (Sixth coulmn) is set to the IP of your server, in general its 127.0.0.1

IF YOU PLAN TO RUN THE SERVER ON HAMACHI, THE IP ALSO HAVE TO BE "127.0.0.1"! ELSE THE SERVER WON´T WORK ON HAMACHI, DO NOT REPLACE IT WITH THE HAMACHI-IP!

Step #8.5

Make sure the value of "OdinServer.Socket.Port"(Seventh coulmn) is "80".
DO NOT CHANGE IT! REST-SERVER IS ONLY ABLE TO RUN ON THIS PORT!
Close all other applications that use the port 80 like Skype!

It should now look similar like this:
G3RmG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

CLICK IN ANOTHER FIELD BEFORE YOU SAFE THE FILE! ELSE YOU CHANGES WON´T BE SAVED!
One of the most errors is, that user editing the file correctly, but forget to click on another field! Also many forget to save, the editor won´t save your changes automatically when you close it!

Step #9

Open your Hex-Editor ( i really recommend to use "HxD", its free, not overloaded with unnecessary functions, creates automatically backups and works stable). Open the "GameLog Release.exe" out of "Odin\GameLog".

Now serach for "ItemInfo.shn". There are four at all!
Change it so it matches to the name of your renamed file ("ItemInfG.shn").

DO NOT PRESS BACKSPACE OR DELETE! ONLY MARK THE CHARACTER YOU WANT TO CHANGE AND THEN PRESS THE CORRESPONDING BUTTON!

Else you will change the size of the .exe and it´ll be bugged/destroyed! ("HxD"-Editor will warn you if you want to do it)

Hint: You can press "F3" to search for the next, so you dont have to open the search-windows all the time ;p

If you renamed all SAVE the file!

Step #1 0

To prevent problems with the OdinRestServer, you have to edit the host file

The Odin REST server ist only able to work if you edited the host-file correctly!

Step #1 0.1

Go to Start and search for "notepad". Right-click it and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (Only Win7, i think in XP it should work without administrator-mode).

Step #1 0.2

Now open your hosts file, its located here:

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc

(Systemroot means the drive-letter you installed your operating system) (Just saying ~)

Step #1 0.3

Copy this into a new line at the end of the file:

Code:
127.0.0.1 stubedore.t

MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO "#" AT THE BEGINNING OF THE LINE, LINES WITH THIS ARE COMMENTS AND WON´T BE READ BY THE SYSTEM!
DO NOT DELETE ANY SPACES, THERE MUST BE ONE BETWEEN THE IP AND THE NAME!

Step #1 1

Ok, this step is only for the one who will run the server/game on XP/Server 2003/Server 2008 or Windows 7 without administrator rights. This is to prevent an communication error between the MSSQL-Server and the OdinRestServer.

Step #1 1.1

Login to your MSSQL Database. Open up "Security" -> "Logins"

RNN1D - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Right-click on "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" -> "Properties"

XuDsY - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Step #1 1.2

Now click on "User Mapping", put a hook at "OdinAccounts" and hook all the options at "Database role membership for: OdinAccounts"
9S4Gl - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Step #1 2

It´s time to install the Client now. Right-click on "OdinInstaller.exe" and "Run as Administrator".
Wait till it is finished and go on to the next step.

Step #1 3

Unpack "Odin Client.rar" and copy it into the root of your client (which you installed in the previous step). Overwrite everything.

Step #1 4

Now you need to check if the configuration file of each service is in the same folder as the service exe´s.
YOU HAVE TO ACTIVATE "SHOW HIDDEN FILES" IN YOUR EXPLORER, ELSE YOU WON`T SEE THEM! THIS ALSO INCLUDES SOME SERVICE EXE´S! ( )

Folder nameConfiguration file name
AccountLogDataServerInfo_AccountLog.txt
CharacterDataServerInfo_Character.txt
GameLogDataServerInfo_GameLog.txt
LoginLoginServerInfo.txt
World00WMServerInfo.txt
Zone00ZoneConf.txt
Zone00ZoneConf.txt
Zone00ZoneConf.txt
Zone00ZoneConf.txt

If everythings there, go on. Else copy out the missing files from the "Odin.rar".
Step #1 4.1

Go to "Odin\9Data\ServerInfo". There are two files called "test_Manager_ServerInfo.txt" and "test_ServerInfo.txt".
The following edits have to be done IN BOTH FILES!

Now you have to check if all the lines where NO semicolon(;) is at the beginning of the line[/U]!
All lines that start with an semicolon(;) are commented out and will be ignored by the server!

Hint: I recommend to use Notepad++ for this step, it really reprents these files clear and sorted, its easier to edit them this way.

You have to replace all the IPs with the IP from your server now, in general its "127.0.0.1".
YRhCG - [NA - 2011] Install Guide - V1.3.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Hint: Use the "Search and Replace" function of your editor.

Now you have to replace the Username and Password with the ones from your MSSQl database too! This is very important, else the services can´t connect to the database!

In these configuration files the user is set as "fiesta32" (UID=fiesta32) and the password to "***" (PWD=***)

DescriptionNamed in the file
UsernameUID
PasswordPWD

If you forgot your username try "sa" for it. This is the standard user when you install an MSSQL Server. If you forgot your password you have to google if there are possibilities to restore/reset it. If not, i recommend to reinstalling the MSSQL Server and write down the password somewhere safe ( | free, AES256), or on any piece of paper ;p

Step #1 5

Now you have to create an account. Login into your MSSQL database, go to

Databases -> OdinAccounts -> Tables -> dbo.tAccounts

and create an account manually OR use the following query:

Code:
INSERT INTO OdinAccounts.dbo.tAccounts (nEMID, sUsername, sUserPass, sUserPassSalt, sEmail, sIP)
VALUES ('1', 'admin', 'admin', 'admin', 'admin@localserver.com', '127.0.0.1')

Step #1 6

Now you have to register all the services. The service exe´s are in the "Odin" folder, one in each folder, except "Client" and "Databases". There are 10 services overall.
YOU HAVE TO RIGHT-CLICK AND "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR", ELSE THEY WON´T REGISTER OR END UP IN ERRORS!

Step #1 7

To connect your client to the server, you need to set an token in the database. Go to

Databases -> OdinAccounts -> Tables -> dbo.tTokens

and create an token manually. Make sure to set the "nEMID" to the same as your account!

OR use the following query:

Code:
INSERT INTO OdinAccounts.dbo.tTokens (nEMID, sToken)
VALUES ('1', 'IL1k3t0sh1tH4rD')

EVERY ACCOUNT MUST HAVE A UNIQUE nEMID AND A UNIQUE TOKEN,ELSE THIS WILL CRASH YOUR SERVER!

Step #1 8

This is the last step before you can enjoy the new game feeling :D

To log into the game you need to create an batch/vb/java script, which starts the "Odin.exe" with some attributes.

Synthax:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]Odin.exe[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0066cc]-osk_server <IP of your server here>[/COLOR] [COLOR=#33cc00]-osk_token <the token you created in the database>[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff33cc]-osk_store <URL to your store or a random URL>[/COLOR]

Here´s a example with the token from Step #1 7:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]Odin.exe[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0066cc]-osk_server 127.0.0.1[/COLOR] [COLOR=#33cc00]-osk_token IL1k3t0sh1tH4rD[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff33cc]-osk_store [URL="http://www.google.com"]Google[/URL][/COLOR]

Save it as <RandomName>.bat (Example: LOCAL_START.bat)

Start your Odin services.

Thats it!
Enjoy the updated server files!

--------------
ChubbyCrab

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [v1.1] Odin Install Guide

Good stuff. If people can't set it up after this...then...idek.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Nice guide, should help loads of people! Oh and you better put a space between the links and the "]", otherwise it will be a part of the link and it'll just take you to ragezones homepage.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice Guide :thumbup1:

Database name has to be OdinAccounts? If yes that might be the problem why item shop does not work for me. My database name is OdinAccount. already changed it in OdinRestServerSettings so it should work because i can login with token

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Nice Guide :thumbup1:

Database name has to be OdinAccounts? If yes that might be the problem why item shop does not work for me. My database name is OdinAccount. already changed it in OdinRestServerSettings so it should work because i can login with token
no, whats your batch file look like o_O...

Also you cant set up for windows 8 this way, do you want me to write up a section for win 8? Its basically just using a vm.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Code:
-osk_server 127.0.0.1 -osk_token MYTOKEN -osk_store LINKtoSTORE

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

"LINKtoSTORE" has to be the link to your store....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

yes i know the problem is ingame it shows
Code:
fail to load item information
or something like that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice guide. good work.

Make sure the value of "OdinServer.Socket.Port"(Seventh coulmn) is "80".
DO NOT CHANGE IT!
REST-Server only works on port 80, get over it!

I use another port (like 9125) without problems.. ´cause another important service (for me) run in port 80.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

yes i know the problem is ingame it shows
Code:
fail to load item information
or something like that.

Difficould ItemInfo.shn...

so let me give the fix to you ... don't forgott to say thanks...

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Its not necessary to delete the services from your old server, you can do something like this (Server2 is the new files and the other services are the old server, also, you can run both servers at the same time):

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@xWhiteCore: Thanks will try that out tomorrow :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Its not necessary to delete the services from your old server, you can do something like this (Server2 is the new files and the other services are the old server, also, you can run both servers at the same time):

Wrong ODBC / CONFIG settings check it.. remake it.. lern it...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Wrong ODBC / CONFIG settings check it.. remake it.. lern it...

There are nothing wrong. You can change the ODBC name, they dont need necesary to have names like Account, Statistics etc... and the same for services. You can customize all the names except the databases names. Yeah, its a bit more of work but I didnt want to lose my old server so I do that and all works perfectly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

There are nothing wrong. You can change the ODBC name, they dont need necesary to have names like Account, Statistics etc...

Well, if you'd wanna change it to something else, you'd have to change it in config.txt too. Js.

Reaction score

The rest server will run on any port. However, there has been problems related to changing the dll to use a different port.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Wheres my credits for the months I spent waiting on Seph till the early morning for him only to ditch out on me and say 'tomorrow', then that 'tomorrow' would rarely happen. And the countless bugs I had to fix and take a chance of pure luck to get working? These files were nowhere near as close to as complete as they were 2 years ago, I spent months getting them stable, yet Stu and Muno get the recognition? Sure, they released them, but all this really did was give out what was handed to them(not to cause any aggro with Stu and Muno, but duck me Ive heard so much BS lately, I love the work you did on Odin, so don't take this the wrong way <3).

All I Ducking want is a little butt credit, heck even Seph deserves a little.

#witch mode [unengaged]

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Step #15

Now you have to create an account. Login your MSSQL database and go to

Databases -> OdinAccounts -> Tables -> dbo.tAccounts

and create an account manually OR use the following query:

Code:
INSERT INTO OdinAccounts.dbo.tAccounts (nEMID, sUsername, sUserPass, sEmail, sIP)
VALUES ('1', 'admin', 'admin', '[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]admin[/SIZE][/COLOR]', 'admin@localserver.com', '127.0.0.1')

ChubbyCrab

the number of columns in INSERT and VALUES don't match , Have I to add the missing "sUserPassSalt" in the Insert or delete the admin" in the VALUES ?

thx for answer. (sorry for my english)

Regards,

- Jeff972

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Wheres my credits for the months I spent waiting on Seph till the early morning for him only to ditch out on me and say 'tomorrow', then that 'tomorrow' would rarely happen. And the countless bugs I had to fix and take a chance of pure luck to get working? These files were nowhere near as close to as complete as they were 2 years ago, I spent months getting them stable, yet Stu and Muno get the recognition? Sure, they released them, but all this really did was give out what was handed to them(not to cause any aggro with Stu and Muno, but duck me Ive heard so much BS lately, I love the work you did on Odin, so don't take this the wrong way <3).

All I Ducking want is a little butt credit, heck even Seph deserves a little.

#witch mode [unengaged]

i see u taking credit
Heck, even Myth deserves credit.
but seph? really? he tried making some set armor/weapons and he ended up puting ALL class weapons and armors into the SAME set
Ya he shouldnt get poop

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Psssp please remove the www. from the OdinInstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back