Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setup Tutorial for Hunter Kingdom (Japan)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
This is my first tut so do not flame me for it, if it comes out horrible.

First you need to download and install the Victus Client from :

You need the server files/and client update from:

Download Xampp or any Apache server. You can also use IIS if you want or know how too.

First you need to set it up as if it were any other server. Then you need to install your webserver, or if you already have 1, place UserAuthentication.php in the htdocs/wwroot(I think it is called) folder. Make sure all SQL connections, and setting are properly set in your webserver.

Then we have to edit the hosts file. Add "Your IP auth.gamescampus.co.jp".

This is where a lot of trouble came for me. We have to hex the Account.exe. It has an IP address in it, we have to edit it to whatever IP you are going to be using. It is not md5 or anything like that. We will search for UserAuthentication.php. This will put us within a few lines of the IP we need to edit as seen here. Screenshot_1 - Setup Tutorial for Hunter Kingdom (Japan) - RaGEZONE Forums Screenshot_2 - Setup Tutorial for Hunter Kingdom (Japan) - RaGEZONE Forums

Now we can go on to replacing the files in the client. Just copy and paste it over to the victus client.

Make an account, and log in.

For those of you who want to try to do all the edits from the untouched files, remember to edit UserAuthentication.asp to UserAuthentication.php. Just use a hex editor and search the same way you did looking for the IP. The client is a different encryption, so you have to edit it. I spent a lot of time working all this out, so do not be a hater on my tut.

The client exe, and shns I included have been restored to default encryption.

Do not change any of the zones. They have been hexed to read certain configs.

Do not change the Account Database name. It MUST be named Account.

The account DB is backed up using SQL 2014 Enterprise.

Yes, I know the ressystem is a mess.

I think that is about it. If you have any issues, just leave a reply. Enjoy.

Credits: Lugapha, Dec, Xarva, MrFarbodD, Myth. They all helped me in this.

Ingame screenies:

EDIT: Here is a cleaned up set of files for this server. They are newer than the first set I released. The shns in the first set are from 3/2012 This set is from 4/2012. I know it is only a month, however a lot can change in 1 month. This is the last set of JP files to ever be used on Hunter Kingdom. The server closed on 5/2012. I was quite lucky I found these. They were in a place No one would even consider. Yes these were released with a different server set. We just had no idea what they were. I made sure all the shns are a match to each other. There are a few bugs, but nothing that can't be fixed easily. They are also mostly translated to english.
Enjoy,

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
As you can see here it runs just fine. The issue is you are using Windows Server 2012. It is based off Windows 8. This cannot be used on these files. you MUST use an operating system that can support Legacy IOCP port protocols. The kernel in Win 8/Win10 based systems do not support this. They do not support the type of Winsock that is required. Please load Windows Server 2008 R2, and try again.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i used win2008r2, when run all service,only gamelog and character service are ok,but other dont run,,it tips:db init failed,,,,i dont konw what'wrong..

the dsn only one(i dont select db)..

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Error 65 is no connection to web server. So yeah. I don't think I need to say much else.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
changed host files like this:
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 stubedore.t
2.18.213.82 redir.metaservices.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 auth.gamescampus.co.jp
0.0.0.0 gamescampus.co.jp
0.0.0.0 auth.gamescampus.co.jp/UserAuthentication.php

and i also changed the ip in account.exe

now,it tips:connected server failed

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Do you have a webserver going? There is a php that needs to be in it. Also this error gets thrown when you use the CN database. It can also be thrown if the Account Database name is changed. Post the logs from Account.exe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yes , i used the xampp...now,can login,but the server status:high,how to sovled it....

000033 2017-12-22 21:40:52 CSocket_IOCP::Read, ERROR=64, m_Socket=284, pBuffer=1A648D88, dwNumBytes:8192, ReadBytes:0
000034 2017-12-22 21:40:52 ERROR - Socket_Register_To_IOCP Step #2,

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
"000034 2017-12-22 21:40:52 ERROR - Socket_Register_To_IOCP Step #2"

This error is thrown when Windows can not handle IOCP/Winsocks. Are you running Win8/10, Server 2012/2016?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Did you enable the SQL dll's in Xampp? Is apache hooking to SQL properly?
Did you load the SQLSRV dlls? there could be many reasons for this. I can say it all has to do with the account service not reading Apache correctly.

EDIT: Pengsaizhen Get on Discord, and I will help you. Can't do much from the other side of a forum.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
CN uses Chaos, MIDs, different stat system, and a different map system. JP is more like Odin. It uses the same KQ system, map system, Stat system, mainly the big differences between JP and Odin are the client, and JP uses Lua for mobs not maps. CN uses Lua for both. Odin doesn't use Lua at all.

Back