Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] Adding Custom (Or from monsters) NPC's to the Files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Files/Folders to edit: Reschar, MobInfo.shn, MobViewInfo.shn, MobSpecies.shn, MobInfoServer.shn, NPC.txt

Step 1
: Get all your .nif, .dds, .kf (animations). For your new mob ready. (If you didn't make a custom NPC then just skip this step)

Step 2: (If you didn't make a custom NPC) Find the mob you want to make an NPC. (mobs are in reschar and mobviewinfo). In my case it's going to be the DLich mob.

Step 3: Make a folder in Reschar for the new mob. Name it whatever you want. In my case I'll name the folder Charon. Copy and paste your mob files to this new folder. So if you have a custom npc (then .nif files and etc.). If you are using DLich or some other mob. Go to reschar/DLich Copy all the files and paste it into your new reschar/Charon (or whatever name you used) Folder.

Step 4: Rename DLich.kfm (or whatever your kfm file is called) To Mobname.kfm . In my case Charon.kfm

Your folder should now look like this:
TISDU3T - [Tut] Adding Custom (Or from monsters) NPC's to the Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5: Open your Kfm file (my case Charon.kfm. With NifSkope (available here: )

Click KFM button at top:
xcMfF11 - [Tut] Adding Custom (Or from monsters) NPC's to the Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Now we need to find the animation we want to use for the NPC's Idling. You can check what animations are what by doing Spells->Animation->Attach .KF and choosing one of the .KF files included with the mob. (Just don't save over your nif with the .KF attached)

In my case I'm going to use the Stand Animation.

Now we open where our stand animation is in the KFM. By going through this array.

HUuz5WU - [Tut] Adding Custom (Or from monsters) NPC's to the Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 6:

Change the Event Code Box's number (Currently set at 102000) Set it to 101000
This is very important. Fiesta chooses to load animations with this Event Code for NPC idling animation ingame. So now when we put your NPC into the game. It will have a nice animation. And won't be in a stand still (and in this case with the hands stuck out to sides)

Step 7: Try to save the changes. .kfm with File-Save (option box .kfm) Charon.kfm.
It'll probably give you an error. If you close and reopen the kfm. Check to see if the event code is set to 101000. IF you still cannot get it to save. Then try saving it as DLich.nif. If you still cannot get it to change. Try adding the Charon folder to Render->Settings->Texture folders.

Step 8: The SHN's and NPC.txt .
MobInfo.shn
: Copy and paste a row for a NPC and add it to bottom. Rename the inx to Charon or whatever. Make sure IsNPC is set to 1
MobInfoServer.shn, MobSpecies.shn: Same thing as above. Copy and paste from an Existing NPC row. Like e.g. EldGuardCaptainShutian. Reindex it, rename it. Save your shn's.

NPC.txt: Is located in your 9Data/Shine/World Folder. Open it with Notepad++.
Find out where you want to put the NPC, The purpose. And the X, Y, Z of the NPC. You can read what the columns mean at the top of the file. Then just add the row in like so:
Code:
#recordin    ShineNPC    Charon    DarkTown    4382    3435    119    1    Merchant    Item

MobViewInfo.shn: Copy and paste row from an existing row that is an NPC. Then just change FileName to Charon. MobPortrait to DLich. Or another file located in Resmenu/game/mobportrait . (Even your own if you want).

Save all those shn's and NPC.txt.

Step 9: Start up your test server
Step 10: Spawn your NPC. Should work with animation xD.

Tada :D.

eRpyEQa - [Tut] Adding Custom (Or from monsters) NPC's to the Files - RaGEZONE Forums

And in NPC.txt you can do :

Merchant
Quest
SoulStone
Skill
Guild
StoreManager

etc. For what the NPC actually does when you click it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back