Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Embed Client Folders / Files

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If this is the incorrect section for this, I'm sorry. Please move if needed.
Also, I don't know if this has been discussed before in this section or not. But It can be useful to new people.

Info
Basically you embed any file / folder into the client's .exe.
So once you've done this, you can go ahead and delete the folder / file since it will now read internally.
This can be good against people viewing your SHNs or something else, like NIF content.
I'll use the "Ressystem" folder as an exmaple.

Mini Guide
1. "Enter Input File Name:" -- Choose your clients Fiesta.exe

2. "Enter Output File Name:" -- The output where your new .exe will be saved. It will auto-default with "_boxed" at the end.

3. Below you will see a tab selected called "Files" Keep that tab selected, and just drag 'n drop the "Ressystem" folder in that area.

4. Keep it "%DEFAULT FOLDER%

5. Click "Process"

6. Let it finish and close when it's done.

Example Video

Enigma Virtual Box Website

Note
This "could" be good against client modification, viewing, binning etc.
Just something you can try.
I'm sure someone can unpack this if they wanted.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
And how do you Patch Files then?

Patch over your new Fiesta.exe with the files embedded. Make sure you keep the original .exe and the files / folders on your machine. That way when you create new patches, you can still compile 'em with EVB and just patch over the new Fiesta.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just be careful with this, Antivirus programs love to block virtual boxes. Almost isn't worth the trouble.

You are talking about 5 bugs antivirus programs xD

Avira free antivir says Explorer.exe is a virus on a fresh installed machine xDDDD

Back