Client problems

MemberRank
    Jun 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

Client problems

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hello, i start with asking you sorry for my bad english :D
    i have downloaded file and client to run a 4.3 server. Solved some little problems with db and files but now when i try to log in, the clien close himself without giving me any error message.
    i've tried to download different tipe of client and different type of versione (from 2.0 to 4.6) but nothing.
    i thought it was because of the omi.tex ecc. but it's not.

can someone help me? at the moment im tring to run server with 4.3 db and AO 4.3.0.15 client

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,840Posts

Re: Client problems

The client might not actually crash and the omi.tex might still be an issue.

Did you compile the client executable (ACEOnline.atm) yourself form released sources or do you just use a default ep 4.3 client?

If you compiled it yourself I'd recommend doing what I described here: [Tutorial] How to find out why your Game is terminating abruptly
    As the client could abort before reaching the window initialization.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

MemberRank
    Jun 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The client might not actually crash and the omi.tex might still be an issue.

Did you compile the client executable (ACEOnline.atm) yourself form released sources or do you just use a default ep 4.3 client?

If you compiled it yourself I'd recommend doing what I described here: [Tutorial] How to find out why your Game is terminating abruptly
    As the client could abort before reaching the window initialization.

Im using ACEonline.atm from aceonline downloadable client, not compiled by me.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,840Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masileus View Post
    Im using ACEonline.atm from aceonline downloadable client, not compiled by me.
    Then you're going to have a hard time finding the issue.

I'd recommend using the released 4.3 source to compile your own client: [Source Code] AO 4.3 Full source release [No Troll]

If that's not possible for you, here are some things you can try:
    • Validate your Hack Shield installation
    • Validate your Direct-X installation
    • Start the game as administrator
    • Create a new omi.tex file
    • Create a new quest.tex file
    • Try different english clients

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

MemberRank
    Jun 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

Ok, i will try to compile the .atm using your tutorial then. thank you for the help :)

Advertisement