Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to open encrypted client files?

Reaction score
Re: About encrypted files

Hi everyone , my question is about encrypted files such as .obj and .tex and others.How can i open those files? I tried to use ace zip manager, res-x-editor , aripper but they didnt work. (Atumzip64 is working but all i can see is useless .bin files)

Actually im trying to get some obj files from old server named space bee shooter, but i couldnt open files:$: Can someone help me, or is there any authorized person from old sbs? Thanks in advance

that link contains files i want to open (armor obj files) :
authorizedautauthorized

Because SBS used encrypted files is guess, the only thing you can do is try to reverse engineer the encryption method, because i highly doubt that Dragonlord will tell you his encryption method.

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score

You have to make a difference between masang's XOR "encryption" which can be decrypted by common tools like St34lth4ng3l's Zip Manager and custom encryptions used by more famous P-Servers. About 98% confident SBS used custom encryption algorithms for their more important files.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

And just a little hint: Not the file itself is encrypted, as you can see because my AtumZip can load the archive / file infos etc.
Only the entries itself are encrypted. So you have to decrypt the memory of them when they are already loaded by the game/program

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Only the entries itself are encrypted. So you have to decrypt the memory of them when they are already loaded by the game/program

how can i do that? also dragonlord if he is here , i just want to open and get these files , i dont want to learn his encryption method.if you can please help me.. thanks again

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

how can i do that? also dragonlord if he is here , i just want to open and get these files , i dont want to learn his encryption method.if you can please help me.. thanks again

He has no reason to give them to you. The fact that you are not willing or capable of decrypting the files is proof you shouldn't be attempting this.

While we all do start somewhere, you aren't even listening to what's being said or what you yourself are saying.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

He has no reason to give them to you. The fact that you are not willing or capable of decrypting the files is proof you shouldn't be attempting this.

While we all do start somewhere, you aren't even listening to what's being said or what you yourself are saying.

well , im saying again i dont want to learn his encryption method.. i meant if he is here , maybe he could open these files

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

well , im saying again i dont want to learn his encryption method.. i meant if he is here , maybe he could open these files and send opened version of these armors skins. i just needed armor skins, nothing more...

There is a reason why these files are encrypted...

While they are indeed encrypted for a reason.. again; there is no reason for him decrypt them for you and then give them to you. Given that you have no intent on learning to decrypt them, then he has even less reason to do anything for you.

Leeching content from someone else's client is certainly not going to win your any favours in the now or in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

burgers , i think you are from old sbs..

there is no reason to open help section in this forum,there is no reason to share something here , there is no reason to help people according to you, and there is no reason for me to write here anymore.

thanks everyone,have fun with that 8 encrypted file..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score

there is no reason to open help section in this forum,there is no reason to share something here , there is no reason to help people according to you, and there is no reason for me to write here anymore.
Of course there is, but only if these people are willed to learn and not like you: Please give me anything for free
If you want to learn, or if you already started to reverse engineer his encryption method and you are missing one or two little things, then we could help you. That what you are doing at the moment is just simply leeching.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

burgers , i think you are from old sbs..

anyways, just wanted to mod my poor armor, thanks everyone,have fun with that 8 encrypted file..

Correct, but it doesn't matter if I was a part of it or not. My point still stands.

If you haven't already, if you have a half-arsed look around, you can find clients that have what we had. Maybe not all of it, but at least some of it. There are those who do indeed have it, but they are for sure encrypted - DreamAce and SkyFighter come to mind.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

You have anyway different techniques for extrapolate the objects from an encrypted source and afterward, trough the encrypted and decrypted object you obtained, come up with the used encryption procedure, but this would require an advanced knowledge.

Upvote 0
Back