Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[help] c++

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
someone give me VC++ to dev source A.O ep3.5 please!! :(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Man....i already have the source code, i'm finding VC++ to compile it...

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Visual C++ is an integrated development environment (IDE) product from Microsoft. You can code it with a plain text editor and compile it with Microsofts Compiler (Visual... is usually from Microsoft).

However if you prefer using IDEs:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pfff bla bla is easy compile this source code with: vc++ 2010, 2012, 2015 only litle work need and google it for compile errors!!!

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
The duck you smoking? C++ is a programming language, not Visual C++.
Maybe you were referring to the IDE and compiler instead?

Yes, I am. Visual C++ comes with own compiler features like preprocessor definitons. (#pragma ...) and further platform support for Windows. In my opinion its another extension of C++ which is an extension of C aswell :p
As you call C++ a programming language, why not call VC++ one aswell?

my VC++ 6.0 Standard cannot compile source.....

Specify your question a little more. Where exactly are you stuck? Check google and the posts in this forum primarily and if you still didn't find anything, ask again.

Upvote 0
Retired (Goddamn idiots)
Reaction score
Yes, I am. Visual C++ comes with own compiler features like preprocessor definitons. (#pragma ...) and further platform support for Windows. In my opinion its another extension of C++ which is an extension of C aswell :p
As you call C++ a programming language, why not call VC++ one aswell?

Pragmas do not a language make.
Visual Studio is the IDE that comes with the MSVC compiler which compiles code written in the C++ language.
No matter how you try to look at it, Visual C++ is not a language on it's own, nor is it an extension.
The MSVC compiler uses most of the standard calling conventions, with the exception of a couple that are used for class access.
There is such a thing as a standard, which Microsoft does it's very best to try and conform with (Though they tend to duck up quite often).

We are not discussing your opinion on the matter, but rather clean and simple facts.

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Pragmas do not a language make.
Visual Studio is the IDE that comes with the MSVC compiler which compiles code written in the C++ language.
No matter how you try to look at it, Visual C++ is not a language on it's own, nor is it an extension.
The MSVC compiler uses most of the standard calling conventions, with the exception of a couple that are used for class access.
There is such a thing as a standard, which Microsoft does it's very best to try and conform with (Though they tend to duck up quite often).

We are not discussing your opinion on the matter, but rather clean and simple facts.

Wikipedia also states it as:
commercial integrated development environment (IDE) product from Microsoft for the C, C++, and C++/CLI programming languages

I really wasn't sure about this as C++ is not existing on its own either (not without the existence of C) and VC++ sounds like another extension to C++...
So I guess I'm sorry for calling it a "programming language" instead of a Microsoft IDE.
Anyway I can't give a single ... (you know what) about whether its a language on it's own or not. Masang used it, we gotta use it unless we invest work in changing the APIs.

Now lets help this guy fix his problem...

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seems like the community of Dev (restricted to few people),as usual not help so much.
For natively compile MasangSoft source code you need the IDE (development ambient) Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 with installed the Service Pack 6.
After installed those 2 component you need the Bison (parser) and Flex (lexer) SDK for Windows which can be downloaded from GnuWin32 website.
After you need from option include the DirectX inclusion file (download appropriate SDK from 2010 or you have it in client) and library file.
Do this procedure even for include files and library files of Bison and Flex, addictionally (but needed) add even the executables.

Now, if you know how work in this ambient you will not should have any problem, hovewer go to learn (its an a personal advice, not for hating or similiar) how work inside it.
Now the people with a bit of knowledge at this question instead to remain silent can spam in the forum "go to search n0b!!1".

Cheers, Aesir.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back