Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Different Amounts of Mob Exp.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

well it's my first Thread on RZ so don't hit me too hard.

I got a problem with the amounts of EXP of a Normal Mob.
Changed the EXP of every Mob to 8k EXP, until Level 86 every Mob gave this amount of EXP.
With Level 87 the value changed and the EXP varies around these 8k. When your level gets higher it varies even more and goes down to like 4k or up to 12k. My friend Future told that it might have to do with the Burning Maps.

If someone is experienced with this Problem I would really appreciate some hints.

Greetings bSThKram

You can contact me also through Skype: carsten131094

[Haven't found any thread about that problem, maybe im just blind]

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
The whole clusterfuck of EXP management can be found all over the place... AtumSJ, FieldIOCPSocket, EXPDivisionManager, GameEventManager, ... I tried searching for level 86 / 87 related checks but have found none.

Basically things like
  • Happy Hour
  • Brigade Members
  • Formation Members
  • Friends
  • Items (with +XX% eperience thingy)
  • Burning Maps
  • Crystal System
(and maybe more) influence the bonus you get on the basic experience.

Does this happen on all maps or just Burning Maps? In case of misunderstandings: Burning Maps = Level Maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No it's on every Map.

Well if I turn on the HH and change the EP back to HP*1 it varies earlier. I don't get this LOL
The difference grows with your Level

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Experience with monsters is different if I have a level first that experience can give 10k ~ 5k... There is no stable experience as in another episode 3.5
Help me.. how to fix this?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
server E4.3 [Source Code] AO 4.3 Full source release [No Troll]
bSThKram - [Help] Different Amounts of Mob Exp. - RaGEZONE Forums

Table td_monster mob:
UniqueNumber MonsterName Level Experience HP Race Speed
2001400 Trimus 120 60000 40000 8 1

help me pliz, fix random Experience mob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Code:
Experience_t CFieldIOCPSocket::ChangeExperience(Experience_t fChangeValue, BOOL i_bApplyPartner /*=FALSE*/, BOOL i_bApplyPlusRate/*=TRUE*/, BOOL i_bCheckValidGameUser/*=TRUE*/, INT nInSamePartyMember/*=1*/, CFieldMonster* pTargetMonster/*=NULL*/)
There have a look on your own

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
Experience_t CFieldIOCPSocket::ChangeExperience(Experience_t fChangeValue, BOOL i_bApplyPartner /*=FALSE*/, BOOL i_bApplyPlusRate/*=TRUE*/, BOOL i_bCheckValidGameUser/*=TRUE*/, INT nInSamePartyMember/*=1*/, CFieldMonster* pTargetMonster/*=NULL*/)
There have a look on your own

Commented on everything connected with additional experience, But the experience is still random

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why commenting things out?
You have very powerfull debugging utilities in Visual Studio

That this random experience does not work
I'm already tired of looking into what the problem is with this random experience, so I decided to all comment.
But commenting on additional experiences does not help.
It would be better if you gave a more precise decision so that this random experience was not

Who will help?

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
It goes through about 10 functions to calculate the experience gain. You need to step through each and every one of them and see what still influences the exp gain besides what i mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Back