[Help] Last questions

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    NarniaLocation
    255Posts

Support [Help] Last questions

Sorry @Future, im search the forum and not encontered this questions.
    =======================

Hello guys!My two last questions...

1 - I followed all the steps of the guide here of the forum to adjust the arena, the IP stays in 192.168.1.100.

2 - Maps 4001, 4002 and 4003 crashes the client every time the mission starts.

Thank you!

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    2,253Posts

Re: [Help] Last questions

Did you by chance not adjust the arena's global.cfg? Otherwise I don't really grasp at your #1 question.

There are multiple reasons for the client to crash on a map. Missing objects / monsters / settings / new map structure that is incompatible with the client. Moving new maps to older clients doesn't always just work. To be able to find the source of the problem you'd have to apply debugging techniques to the map loading on the client.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    NarniaLocation
    255Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Did you by chance not adjust the arena's global.cfg? Otherwise I don't really grasp at your #1 question.

There are multiple reasons for the client to crash on a map. Missing objects / monsters / settings / new map structure that is incompatible with the client. Moving new maps to older clients doesn't always just work. To be able to find the source of the problem you'd have to apply debugging techniques to the map loading on the client.
    Ok, ty.

problem "1" SOLVED, solution: change configs in arenaglobal.cfg

problem "2" Old client, work fine, new client, crash.

new map whit problem: 3391.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    NarniaLocation
    255Posts

if i change map mission for map normaly, mob map normal?

Advertisement