Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Solved] Today is a beautiful day and I need help to compile ep4.3 client source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I need to help compile ep4.3 client source code.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f613/ao-4-3-release-troll-1107099/
When i build client source with "R_Wikigames_Eng" config, run client ok and i get this error
Code:
Cannot download hackshield! \n Closing program.
I try to remove HShield from the source but then error "Exeption 0x0005 arised!"
Please help me !:(

Last edited by a moderator:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Re: [Help] Today is a beautiful day and I need help to compile ep4.3 client source

Way too less information. Also, it's not a compilation problem or else you wouldn't run into runtime errors.

How exactly did you "remove HShield from the source" ?

A safe way to do this is as I posted:

[...] change the following line in AtumApplication.h (around Line 200) from:

Code:
#define GAMEGUARD_TYPE 	USE_GAMEGUARD_AHNLAB_HACKSHIELD

to:

Code:
#define GAMEGUARD_TYPE USE_GAMEGUARD_NONE

And compile your client again.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Help] Today is a beautiful day and I need help to compile ep4.3 client source

Way too less information. Also, it's not a compilation problem or else you wouldn't run into runtime errors.

How exactly did you "remove HShield from the source" ?

A safe way to do this is as I posted:

I do follow your post: AceOnline.atm has stop working!

lumein - [Solved] Today is a beautiful day and I need help to compile ep4.3 client source - RaGEZONE Forums

@Future: My AceOnline.atm:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Stop using custom clients, for starters. Use the official ones.

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score

Hmm alright, the HShield initialization takes place very shortly after the process start. So if it's disabled, your client will skip it and directly go to the initialization. I guess that is where you run into some kind of problem. As burgers suggested, this could be caused by a corrupt client or mixing clients with sources that just don't work.

However, you, having the full source of everything, can easily apply some debugging to that to find out what's going wrong. A very simple and naive way of doing this is as I described here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f614/tutorial-game-terminating-abruptly-1094350/

You can also try different clients, generate a omi.tex, try different Res-Tex in general (many crashes are caused by not found interface images in release mode).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I will try, thank for your help, Future !

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Problem solved, thanks all help.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Whether the problem was solved by somebody else's help or not, at least post what solved the issue so that others do not repeat the same questions.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Follow the guide of Future to safe bypass HShield ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back