Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guide For Server Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,this will be the final guide covering almost everything about World of kungfu private server setups.
First of all we are going to get our downloads ready for setup.
1) Mysql

2) Hexworkshop

3) Client

4) Server Files And Patches and other stuff

5) Patches and for ftp program
http://forum.ragezone.com/f467/hello-everyone-866372/#post7192647
6) Navicat

For any missing tool
http://forum.ragezone.com/f467/everything-needed-setup-world-kung-703780/
Second,you need to have a completely updated Windows with java,netframework 4.0,so go and update your Windows before continueing this guide.

Okay it is time to setup stuff.
First lets start with mysql setup
1) double click on the installer we have downloaded from mysql website
2) let the installer prepare for its crap
3) press next,next next
4) select full installation,always
5) again next next next
6) when it comes to configuration section,we need to do some adjustments
7) click on Show advanced options at the configuration area,leave the rest as default
8) for passwords use “root” without quotes,since it is only to setup the server fast,press next till it finishes configuration

Our job with mysql is finished,till this time
Hexworkshop setup time
1) double click on the file we downloaded
2) press next till it finishes installation.
Mysql advanced options time
1) open mysql workbench
2) you will see File Edit View etc
3) choose database from there and under that tab select manage Connections.
4) under stored connections,choose the localhost one
5) change options like the following
Connection name: localhost
6) click on Store inVault,nearby the password label. And enter “root” without quotes,since its our mysql password
7) press Test connection if it Works,if yes,its done,for now.
Navicat setup
1) double click on installer and press next till it finishes
2) open navicat from your programs
3) Press on “connection” Button
4) make the following changes
Connection name : localhost
Username and passwords both : root
5) press “test connection” to see if it Works.
6) press ok and close the program for now.
Wokf client setup
Simply press next till it finishes
Dont say yes if it asks you to run the client.

Server side setup
From this point,you are obligated to do every step. Skipping one simple line will cause your server become as arcadia,characters opened and shown in arcadia and such great errors that I can’t list here.
1) Copy and unrar your server files to any location . It takes a while because of over 10kish files in the server folders especially xzone folder
Check version folder setup
This folder is located under the server files.it should say CheckVersion
1) Enter this folder
2) Double click on update.ini
3) [checkversion] under this tab,there is ip0 and ip1. Make these ips both like
ip0 = 127.0.0.1
ip1 = 127.0.0.1
4) [Borough0] under this tab,there is ip0 again. Turn it to 127.0.0.1 again and change the name to test
5) [Borough1] under this tab.there is ip and name again.change them to same as [Borough0]
6) under this tab,they are news and ...etup-world-kung-703780/]Perfecting the server

ıf any problems shall happen. Refer to this topic

http://forum.ragezone.com/f467/hello-everyone-866372/

A Note and a great Warning.
I will not accept anything to setup your wokf server. Even If you offer me a house,a car or money even though I need them,I will not accept.I don't care how much money you got or else.
So from now on any sort of cash offerings will be sent to mental
HeartSeeker

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is what I have been waiting for. Nice Job on Thread. I have 2 Questions. I don't have to update server to 1.67 right? I can leave at 1.62?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is what I have been waiting for. Nice Job on Thread. I have 2 Questions. I don't have to update server to 1.67 right? I can leave at 1.62?
You need to hexedit the client so it works at 1.62 but it might have problems like showing char at arcadia.
So,yes we do need to update the client(not server) to the 1.67

Okay guys,I ask something for the last time.
Krimson,Feel free to contribute anything you know about server setup please. Lets be guardians of this topic till we get every problem solved.
I will check the thread and see if I forgot to add something. Also I will edit each time I see something new in this topic

Cya guys and don't forget to thank to the people below
KrimsonBlades --> helping me with downloads and such
Qadulu --> for providing the correct xengine to the other topic
SephX --> for helping me to understand basics to create gm,when I was first here
evilgenx --> for teaching me so many stuff
craigsit --> for providing the first 1.67 files on the forum

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You will need a ftp server to connect your client for update from .162 to 1.67.

Just thought I'd note that if you're running the client and server on the same PC for testing, as long as the checkversion is running and setup for patching you can just put the cpk's for the patches into the "download" folder in the client and it will apply them without the need of an ftp to "download" them, the patcher will think they've been downloaded already and simply apply them, technically you could do this over WAN to if you had the patch files on a website or file host and had your players download the patch cpk's manually and put them into their download folders in their client they could technically patch without needing the server to run an active ftp.

EDIT: Also this old sticky by heartseeker Perfecting the server some of the links don't work for me, say if I click the link in 1)how to change server name by HeartSeeker then I get a page that says:

Qadulu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Not sure why, anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just thought I'd note that if you're running the client and server on the same PC for testing, as long as the checkversion is running and setup for patching you can just put the cpk's for the patches into the "download" folder in the client and it will apply them without the need of an ftp to "download" them, the patcher will think they've been downloaded already and simply apply them, technically you could do this over WAN to if you had the patch files on a website or file host and had your players download the patch cpk's manually and put them into their download folders in their client they could technically patch without needing the server to run an active ftp.

EDIT: Also this old sticky by heartseeker Perfecting the server some of the links don't work for me, say if I click the link in 1)how to change server name by HeartSeeker then I get a page that says:

Not sure why, anyone else have this issue?

Your right, you can definitely patch that way as well. And yes I to am having that page come up also.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
One of the moderators deleted my posts,now I sent vision to take care of those posts,if he wont,I will ask mental to do it.
my all links stay but posts are deleted!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay every link in sticky is working,so lets continue to create servers like before.

I just checked and for me the links 1,2 4 and 15 still don't work, if they do for others then idk.

Edit: all the other links worked fine, just not these 4.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I just checked and for me the links 1,2 4 and 15 still don't work, if they do for others then idk.

Edit: all the other links worked fine, just not these 4.

I can't believe this! I checked every link yesterday and they were working. Today they don't!
Informed Mental about this subject

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you reupload the server files and report whatever mod deleted them ... He's trying to help the WOKF development community and then they just deleted his links how ignorant.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't know who is deleting the links,but I only wish to know whoever he is.
about the server files,sorry,let me upload them to those multiupload like sites tomorrow. I just got home and I am too tired.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Stickied. And i also checked all the links from your other thread i'm pretty sure they all work.

Just checked a minute ago and yes they now all work, thank you Vision and thank you Heartseeker for your guides.

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick note, I recommend you dont use notepad to edit the .dat files. For some reason, notepad puts in or takes out random characters. When I did these server files, I used notepad and couldn't get it to run. Try something else, I use editpad Pro. If you have already edited them
with notepad, I recommend that you take the originals from the download and replace them with the ones that you edited. Will save a lot of time. I will check in periodocally and help out when ever I can. It took a lot of messing around to get it running the first time, but in the end, it worked well.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey heartseeker, thanks for all the work putting this guide together. I have been trying for several days to get the files on depositfiles and I get "This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright." Am I doing something wrong? Again, thanks for all your guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back