Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REQUEST] Files & Tools for Server Setup

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
On this thread, heartseeker explains how to set up a server.
It appears the links provided on stage 4 are invalid.
Can anybody help me out, please? :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still waiting for a reply...

Sorry for the late reply, not used to this section being active lol, here is my link have fun, I also included the version 1.0.81 client =)
Code:
[URL="https://mega.nz/#F!XcsUgJpa!Y9ogIelxvsnNyvNYunrjow"]WoKFServer and Tools[/URL]
Decrypt Key: !Y9ogIelxvsnNyvNYunrjow

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Har ho...I always seem to enter into things a bit late, in particular wanting to set up my own private server so myself and a few friends can play. I played this game when it first hit NA and quit after a year. Now I wish to play it privately. I find the tutorial well written, however all of the links are dead.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey I was playing this in '03 to '05 and loved the game. Now I want to have my own server for private use. So far I have found that some of the files mentioned in the tutorials, do not exist within the locations stated, i.e the "pandora file" or the "log.dat" file in the log folder, or even the kfserv folder. These are mentioned by Heartseeker in his set up guide, however these files are not present in the server files I found here on this site. this makes setting up a server confusing and difficult. Additionally, looking at the other guides on this subject there seems to be many variations on the actual steps making it more confusing. I would enjoy some clarification, as well as some updated links to the "update" files if they are still available....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That guide is very old. The "pandora" files the guide refers to is just what the file was called in the fileset in his guide. The file will actuall be called xxxx.dat where xxxx is the server name of whatever fileset you have, the name can easly be found either in the various galaxy.ini files under:

[galaxy]
name = wokf

Or something similar. Also it should be the only file to be found in Server\data\config\cache. There should only be 1 .dat file in here and nothing else, whatever this is named is the name you're looking for whenever Heartseeker used Pandora.

Other issues I'm not sure I'd have to look back on the old guide.

Alternatively if you're having trouble starting your own server up you and your friends could always try one of the private servers that are still running. Though I guess it would be more fun when you have Admin power on your own lol. I think there are 3 online right now, but I understand 1 of them is fairly dead. If you decide to try one their websites are:

Just so you know I am not affiliated with any of those server, just trying to be helpful. :)

Back