Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Idea for non-rooted / jail broken phones..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi RZ,

So I was sat at work thinking and woulnt an idea be to use a custom DNS server with has the record for the server address in there... Hosting this is pretty simple on a Windows host.. And most devices can manually setup the IP information.. Or even just the DNS records manually... Just a thought!

-Jazzy.

Loyalty
Reaction score
Actually there are tutorials pertaining the matter on youtube , you could look it up maybe :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not too interested in Clash of Clans, just thought I'd post the idea for anyone who may not of thought of it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It would work, but there are two side effects:
- You need a computer to run the game.
- It would only work if you're connected to a WIFI.

There's actually a way to run a proxy on a non rooted device (at least for an Android device), and that would be to use the VpnService class, but it's quite complicated. ;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On a PC you can edit the DNS settings for your Ethernet connection.

Reaction score
It would work, but there are two side effects:
- You need a computer to run the game.
- It would only work if you're connected to a WIFI.

There's actually a way to run a proxy on a non rooted device (at least for an Android device), and that would be to use the VpnService class, but it's quite complicated. ;)

It's not quite correct. You can setup a DNS in a VPS and make your users connect to it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's not quite correct. You can setup a DNS in a VPS and make your users connect to it.
But in order to change the DNS server you would need to be connected to a WIFI. You can't change the DNS of mobile networks without root access.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
See my blog. I can make CoC connects to my server editing the .apk. I can't make it for .ipa because i don't have.
-Removed link-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back