Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C++] Journey Client v83+

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So, Journey is MIA, but is anyone else working with this at all? I've been fiddling with it but not made any real progress.
I'm going to go through and get my changes. Most are very minor things, but at least some advancement is better than none.

EDIT:

Here is some small stuff that I can put easily. The rest of the changes are more convoluted and I'll put them in another post if anyone is interested.

IO\UITypes\UIEquipInventory.cpp, Cape shows up over the shield slot

Line 41, change
Code:
iconpositions[Equipslot::CAPE] = Point<int16_t>(142, 124);
to
Code:
iconpositions[Equipslot::CAPE] = Point<int16_t>(10, 124);

IO\UITypes\UIItemInventory.cpp, can use scrolls, arrows and throwing stars like potions

Line 240 and 241:
Code:
case InventoryType::USE:
UseItemPacket(slot, item_id).dispatch();
Change to
Code:
case InventoryType::USE:
if(item_id / 10000 != 206 && item_id /10000 != 207 && item_id / 10000 != 204)
UseItemPacket(slot, item_id).dispatch();

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been out a while as well. Sy, if you want to work on this together, let me know!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
seems like hes away as its been over 6months since last commit and last time on forums was 13-12-16

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would anyone have the journeydev files?
(the custom server made for this that was on github)
the github for it is gone

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We've all been working on our own secret copy of it. He hee hee
I don't plan on keeping this GMS like at all however. Lots of path the game could've taken and didn't. I can't wait to see PS developments with custom clients.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[h=1]https://github.com/SYJourney/JourneyDEV/[/h]was the custom server made for it, the client is still around, Im looking for the server files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client is intended to work with a normal MapleStory server, so if you try to run a server based on say, MoopleDEV, it should work just fine.

a quick update: I'm still working on this and I'll probably get some more features done in the winter break. one major change that anyone following should be aware of: The client will not be compatible with standard v83. I instead want it to be a fully custom version so I can use my own systems and stuff instead of nexon's. Examples of this will be things like: Damage calculations on the server instead of the client, a different system from the mob/npc controller's nexon uses and re-structuring of packets.
If anyone wants to test the client, they will have to use my test server uploaded here:

from journey himself at start of development it was ment to be compatible with v83 but after the recode he made his own so packets after login are completely different now

Reaction score
a quick update: I'm still working on this and I'll probably get some more features done in the winter break. one major change that anyone following should be aware of: The client will not be compatible with standard v83. I instead want it to be a fully custom version so I can use my own systems and stuff instead of nexon's. Examples of this will be things like: Damage calculations on the server instead of the client, a different system from the mob/npc controller's nexon uses and re-structuring of packets.
If anyone wants to test the client, they will have to use my test server uploaded here:

from journey himself at start of development it was ment to be compatible with v83 but after the recode he made his own so packets after login are completely different now

wait so are u SYjourney or what

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wait so are u SYjourney or what
Read at the end he is not journey

Edit
SYJourney - [C++] Journey Client v83+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently taking over this project if anyone is interested in contributing or following.

You can view the project here:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I use Visual Studio to build the project and don't know how to proceed next. Can someone guide me the full installation? Not a very technical guy here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I use Visual Studio to build the project and don't know how to proceed next. Can someone guide me the full installation? Not a very technical guy here.

It tells you how to build the client on GitHub.

Back