Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C++] Journey Client v83+

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Revision 41:

- char creation added
- loading of skills added, some attack skills work
- started working on keyconfiguration
- revamped alot of stuff, app can now be built in 64-bit mode to load all nx files at start
- tested connecting to a v62 server, the changes I made to login packets will be reversed soon so that you can connect to public servers

Charcreation:
SYJourney - [C++] Journey Client v83+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Keyconfig:

Brandish:

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Nice progress! When are you planning to implement Maple-like physics? (I suggest looking at NoLifeStory for reference).

Can you explain what you mean by maple-like physics? If you mean the movement, it is quite maple-like already (I tested while having a normal client open for comparison). If you mean the implementation, I really don't plan on making it 100% gms-like, I always feel that you move to slow in maplestory. The current walking speed is about 150% of the original maplestory speed.

Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by maple-like physics? If you mean the movement, it is quite maple-like already (I tested while having a normal client open for comparison). If you mean the implementation, I really don't plan on making it 100% gms-like, I always feel that you move to slow in maplestory. The current walking speed is about 150% of the original maplestory speed.

I see. Can you upload a demonstration? I can't test it because I'm not home & your packets are manipulated.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I see. Can you upload a demonstration? I can't test it because I'm not home & your packets are manipulated.
Sure, I've thought about uploading an executable before so people can test without having to compile the source. I will also reverse the changes I've made to the packets so that I can test multiplayer stuff on other servers.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You should release a nightly build :).

I'm working on it, but there's still some problems I would like to fix before releasing a demo. The problem I'm having right now is that I modified both the packets in my server source and in the client. So I have to figure out what to reverse in my server source first before I can test the standard packets with the client >.>.
I also downloaded maplesolaxia to test it with that, but for some reason solaxia is not working for me.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
you have way too much time on your hands. nice project though. you should add in packet support as you go

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is something we needed years ago. Btw, how large at the moment is the compiled exe?
It's 5 mb currently, is the size important for anything?
I don't think the size of the executable matters whole lot, pretty sure most users will just happily download the client regardless. I mean, think of the WZ edits some private servers require the players to download. lol
SYJourney, will there be many visible distinctions between your development and current clients GMS-like set of features? In other words will your final product be close-to-perfect accurate to the original or will you create a set of features on top of this? I'm very excited to see how this plays out. Good luck!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I don't think the size of the executable matters whole lot, pretty sure most users will just happily download the client regardless. I mean, think of the WZ edits some private servers require the players to download. lol

That's true altough you still would have to convert the wz files to nx files yourself.

SYJourney, will there be many visible distinctions between your development and current clients GMS-like set of features? In other words will your final product be close-to-perfect accurate to the original or will you create a set of features on top of this? I'm very excited to see how this plays out. Good luck!

I can't really answer this yet, I started of by doing things different and changing packets and stuff but now that has only turned into more work for me (I have to revert the changes to make it compatible with any server). So I will probably try to stick to gms-likeness for now and later start working on custom things.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's true altough you still would have to convert the wz files to nx files yourself.

I can't really answer this yet, I started of by doing things different and changing packets and stuff but now that has only turned into more work for me (I have to revert the changes to make it compatible with any server). So I will probably try to stick to gms-likeness for now and later start working on custom things.

please add me on skype, i will write an official server back end IN GROOVY-LANG for this client

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
please add me on skype, i will write an official server back end IN GROOVY-LANG for this client

It's a cool idea but could you explain abit more what you mean by "for this client"? I am right now aiming more for compatibiliy wiith all servers so there won't be much distinction unless you explicitly try to change all the packets/etc (I will do this later by adding different packethandlers for mapleversions/custom).
Also there are obviously still alot of basic features missing, It'll take a while until I get to a point where you can make meaningful custom features for the client. Btw I don't have skype.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Judging by the screenshots - looks like win7. Will it have support for win8 , 8.1, 10?

No idea to be honest, I don't know much about the reasons for if programs work on windows 8 and 10 or not.
If you want to test it I can upload the current version (should be compatbile with all v83 servers now)

Revision 43:
- added encryption to connect to any server
- changes to packets have been reversed, support for v62 was added for login/charcreation only
- you can see other players, but the movement packets are not correct yet (normal client will dc unless you disable sending them, still needs to be debugged).
- the original damage formula/miss formula is used, I also added a 5% critical chance
- you can use potions if you have them on a hotkey (no inventory yet)
- added the different regular attacks for warriors (close-range attacks)
- some minor improvements to ui/effects, monster/itemdrop/player movement, added player and npc nametags

Here is how you use the client:
- You need v83 nx files, and a v159 UI.nx
- It is set to always connect to localhost currently. The reason for that is that as mentioned, normal clients will dc because the movement packet is not correct yet, so it would be a bad idea to connect to a public server.
- For source, I tested with a clean moopledev so that should work definitely
- If you get in-game, you can quit by choosing: system->quit game (just the newer ui menu)

Edit:

- Updated github with newest revision. I dropped the old structure of having the namespaces as folders tough, it was simply too much work (project currently has 183 files).

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
gl with movement packets; if u go down the nexon route, you'll kill yourself. the packets interpolate the movement of characters and you need to figure out the interpolations based on different factors such as elapsed time etc.

hours of fun

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
gl with movement packets; if u go down the nexon route, you'll kill yourself. the packets interpolate the movement of characters and you need to figure out the interpolations based on different factors such as elapsed time etc.

hours of fun

Yeah I'm already considering not going down the nexon route again just because of that

Edit:
Might aswell update a bit, I'll do the proper thing with "Revision" etc later, but I can post an SS at least.
stats/equips can finally be seen:
QzPSoe2 - [C++] Journey Client v83+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back