Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C++] Journey Client v83+

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm already considering not going down the nexon route again just because of that

woah chill dude, why u give up so fast

just load up the real v83 client with moople and analyze the packets u receive

also, a cool fact: if you ever opened 2 clients together to test, you'd notice that when you move, that character moves about a sec later in the other client. this is indeed because of the delay to calculate the interpolated movement

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
also, a cool fact: if you ever opened 2 clients together to test, you'd notice that when you move, that character moves about a sec later in the other client. this is indeed because of the delay to calculate the interpolated movement

This is something that I forgot, makes it alot easier actually

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what do

m6mQcwD - [C++] Journey Client v83+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why use suckson's packets... Change up the entire packet structure altogether, and change this to match it....

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
so ??? customer support is worse than nexon

If you have an actual problem send me a pn and provide more information. From the ss you posted I can't even tell if that's my program and if you're running windows (or even if you're just trolling).

I think he should go with Neckson's format for now and make it work for actual servers and then, once the client is considered playable, edit it to make it work with his server's format.

Yes this is probably the best solution.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you have an actual problem send me a pn and provide more information. From the ss you posted I can't even tell if that's my program and if you're running windows (or even if you're just trolling).

Yes this is probably the best solution.

bro this is windows 10 and I ran it and it shows a white screen, just like the picture shows

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
bro this is windows 10 and I ran it and it shows a white screen, just like the picture shows

On the very same page of your original post, I said that I don't know if it'll work on windows 8 or 10. I can't help you with that, I don't even have windows 10.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
On the very same page of your original post, I said that I don't know if it'll work on windows 8 or 10. I can't help you with that, I don't even have windows 10.

well dude you need to make it work, a large part of the market is windows 8+, you're wasting your time if your product does not even work inside the main OS'

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
well dude you need to make it work, a large part of the market is windows 8+, you're wasting your time if your product does not even work inside the main OS'

I can decide myself what I need to do and what not. Also this is a learning-oriented project and not something aiming at having a finished product to sell or something like that. If this was wasting my time I wouldn't be doing it.

not a programmer
Reaction score
you're wasting your time if your product does not even work inside the main OS'
I disagree. Windows 10 (which sucks) is behind 7, XP and 8.1 according to this:
SYJourney - [C++] Journey Client v83+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Not unexpected cause it (8.1-10) looks like a cheap cross between vista and a windows phone with a lot of poop broken.

Last edited:
may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol.. you are essentially trying to force SYJourney to implement this to other OS when the actual product is still under development in the current OS he has. You will just have to wait for him to finish everything in the current OS he is on, then I would assume add other OS and test them there.

Understand he is testing and working on his OS specifically. He will not change/add support to others because someone might qq "this error xxxxxx is happening in Windows 8/10/98/etc halp.". It will slow down his development and frustrate him because he will need to stop his current work and fix the OS error through trail and error(assuming he doesn't have another OS machine).

Reaction score
Lol.. you are essentially trying to force @SYJourney to implement this to other OS when the actual product is still under development in the current OS he has. You will just have to wait for him to finish everything in the current OS he is on, then I would assume add other OS and test them there.

Understand he is testing and working on his OS specifically. He will not change/add support to others because someone might qq "this error xxxxxx is happening in Windows 8/10/98/etc halp.". It will slow down his development and frustrate him because he will need to stop his current work and fix the OS error through trail and error(assuming he doesn't have another OS machine).

It's often a good idea to know what your target platforms are in advance so you can choose which APIs to use. Who knows, maybe the reason it doesn't work on some OS is due to some core architectural part of how the code is structured such that it would involve a massive refactor in the future if it wasn't fixed early on. Sure, focus on getting it working on your own OS first, but don't lose sight of all the platforms you intend to target.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It's often a good idea to know what your target platforms are in advance so you can choose which APIs to use. Who knows, maybe the reason it doesn't work on some OS is due to some core architectural part of how the code is structured such that it would involve a massive refactor in the future if it wasn't fixed early on. Sure, focus on getting it working on your own OS first, but don't lose sight of all the platforms you intend to target.

I hope I won't have to redesign too much to make it work. Did you have anything in particular in mind when you wrote that? The only thing I know is that it's definitely not going to work on linux/mac because I use the windows api.

About the windows 10 error, when I looked at the SS again I realized that I'd seen that before too on windows 7. I think it happened when I changed the window title but didn't use the appropriate string type. So maybe there's a really easy fix, who knows.

Edit: Updated github with latest changes.
Revision 45:
- improved construction time of characters
- added stats window
- added equip tooltip
- lots of other minor stuff

Finished equip tooltip:
Nbkb3Y1 - [C++] Journey Client v83+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back