Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] MSC++ Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MSC++
Aiming for an open-source MapleStory client in C++

MSC++ aims to deliver a functional MapleStory client that can be run with a server on side.
The project is no where near done and I haven't even gotten core engine features done yet, but they will come n the following weeks.
Though I can't promise what the future of this project looks like, I can say I am really really motivated.

Media:
otPfKEw - [WIP] MSC++ Client - RaGEZONE Forums

Info
C++/Cross-Platform
I will be working completely around wx/nx files, and I will be working with .png files instead.
The reason for this is that there is no need to work with packed game files when the project itself is open-source.

Current Features
Coming

GitHub Repository

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After a few hours of working the foundation of the engine, I have setup the git repo.
Link can be found in main thread.

Edit:
Any help acquiring and organizing game files in .png format is extremely appreciated.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think he meant he will not be using NX or WZ (packed format) as this is open source and there's no need to pack the files.

He can always go Nexon's route and use raw IMG data loading ;). However, when it comes to all the nodes stored and info he needs, I don't see him storing said info in a png format. He'd need to use NX or some kind of file format (bin, xml, json, something) that can parse all the information because the client heavily depends on it. Which, if he uses any of those he can store base64 data and reconstruct the image; not sure exactly why storing millions of PNG files is a better route exactly..

Anywho, I wish you luck on this project. You can probably take from reference SYJourney's client (the previous C++ MS Client Project that ended up dying, sadly). Implementing the entire client-end of the game in my opinion shouldn't be harder than the server-end because the server requires much more stuff to be manually handled, while the client handles everything from game files. I'd suggest looking into Nexon's leaked files for information and formulas if you're going for being closely identical to theirs but open-source.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The reason for not packing game files and choosing png's instead, is so that people can quickly edit graphics. In the end, they could end up possibly replacing all original graphics with custom graphics, making this an entirely different game based upon MapleStory, which means it will be 100% legal at that point.
Stored info for items and such will go in XML or Json for easy editing.

Thank you for replies, slowly progressing towards game screen.

edit:
ok but whit that everyone its gonna get problems because they are unpacking and extracting the files

Not really, as I will include game files along with the source code. This means, nobody has to touch anything related to the official maple client.

Last edited:
Back