Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

All addresses for v83 resolution change

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Should I call CWvsContext::SetScreenResolution to re-adjust client's resolution?

That function doesn't exist in older versions (since old versions don't have multiple resolutions lol) but yeah that's what the higher version clients use to change resolutions. As Eric said, you'd need to mess with the Gr2D methods and do all the necessary resolution changes (relocating UI, map rendering stuff, etc) while the game is running - in other words, you need to write your own version of CWvsContext::SetScreenResolution compatible with your version (along with all the functions called inside it). Definitely more complicated than the current resolution edits that were released, but I did it for v83 and Eric did it for a couple other versions so it's definitely possible.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That function doesn't exist in older versions (since old versions don't have multiple resolutions lol) but yeah that's what the higher version clients use to change resolutions. As Eric said, you'd need to mess with the Gr2D methods and do all the necessary resolution changes (relocating UI, map rendering stuff, etc) while the game is running - in other words, you need to write your own version of CWvsContext::SetScreenResolution compatible with your version (along with all the functions called inside it). Definitely more complicated than the current resolution edits that were released, but I did it for v83 and Eric did it for a couple other versions so it's definitely possible.

Thanks! and how can I adjust position of the cashshop preview window?
I think it should be at CWvsPhysicalSpace2D::Load

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks! and how can I adjust position of the cashshop preview window?
I think it should be at CWvsPhysicalSpace2D::Load
IIRC all cash shop stuff was createwnd, createlayer, etc... the same sort of stuff you'd use to edit other parts of the game for res. I don't have it documented since I use 800x600 for cash shop but it definitely wasn't "CWvsPhysicalSpace2D::Load" since that's used for loading normal maps as well (it loads footholds mainly).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why not start with the two most important ones? Unless you have figured out how to backport adjustable resolutions from DX9, you need to initialize the Gr2D interface to your new resolution so that the backbuffer is properly updated.
Code:
// CWvsApp::InitializeGr2D
0x009F7B1D + 1 = screenHeight
0x009F7B23 + 1 = screenWidth

I still wish to keep these things private, so I will only note one last thing -- this is missing a memory allocation fix for generating application screenshots. This one I noticed was also missing in MapleMS as well (probably others too), so when you try to generate a screenshot it does nothing.
Code:
// CScreenShot::SaveFullScreenToJpg
0x00744DA6 + 1 = 4 * screenWidth * screenHeight

Update the two addresses I posted above to your new screen dimensions and your client will then open in those dimensions. Feel free to also use the additional address to fix a screenshot saving memory allocation problem.

Much appreciated for your sharing !

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I meke I did everything and changed all addresses except these :
0x008D1790 + 2 = 1u
0x0089B636 + 2 = 1u
0x00592A06 + 1 = 1u
0x0062121E + 1 = 1u
0x0089B636 + 2 = 1u
0x00A5FC2B = 5u
What would "U" be?
My client stayed like this:

the window was the same size. Attributes have moved but window has not increased

Sorry for the bump guys I have the same issue can anyone dumb this down for me? I'm very new to address changing also have no idea how to write a dll, I just simply edited the addresses from ollydbg

However the whole 1u 2u 5u doesn't make sense to me as well so I skipped those addresses, I'm guessing that's why?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump guys I have the same issue can anyone dumb this down for me? I'm very new to address changing also have no idea how to write a dll, I just simply edited the addresses from ollydbg

However the whole 1u 2u 5u doesn't make sense to me as well so I skipped those addresses, I'm guessing that's why?

You should read my reply to that post. Also, for those unaware, the "u" simply defines the value as "unsigned". This doesn't mean anything here though, you can just change them to 1 in olly (I highly suggest using a DLL however).

Reactions: NTV
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
any luck with boss HP bars at all? and maybe a way to lower the bar under the server MSG bar?
What do you mean with the bar under the server message bar?

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean with the bar under the server message bar?

I highly assume right now the boss bars (such as zakum/horntail) overlap on top of the server announcement message at the top of the screen and he wants to change that

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yes and maybe even change player stat window to be alot wider lol u cant even see stats fully lol

yea thats what im asking about, also im trying to make stat windows alot wider i found this so far tho

main stat window:
175x347
2ndary stat window:
177x200

thats all i got tho

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Code-cave a push 16 at address 00533B0E

Additionally, change these:
Code:
00533B03 - B8 00050000           - mov eax,00000500 { 1280 }    //Boss HP Bar "CWnd",E
00534370 - B9 F9040000           - mov ecx,000004F9 { 1273 }    //Boss HP Bar Length

Result:
hA3KyJE - All addresses for v83 resolution change - RaGEZONE Forums

Keep in mind though, it'll look like this if you don't have a server message:
QrGUzBM - All addresses for v83 resolution change - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code-cave a push 16 at address 00533B0E

Additionally, change these:
Code:
00533B03 - B8 00050000           - mov eax,00000500 { 1280 }    //Boss HP Bar "CWnd",E
00534370 - B9 F9040000           - mov ecx,000004F9 { 1273 }    //Boss HP Bar Length

For some reason changing it to push 16 breaks the whole client...lol
On a side note, Have you figured out how to move the dojo timer/space gaga timer? Also, how do you even manage to get these addresses anyways? :p

heres more for everyone else lol
008c4ab3 - 0fa - extend sub stat window - numbers
008c510a - 0fa - extend sub stat window

What are those for if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For some reason changing it to push 16 breaks the whole client...lol
You need to code-cave, otherwise you'll just crash if you spawn a boss with the HP bar at the top

Also, how do you even manage to get these addresses anyways? :p
I've honestly just named enough functions to the point that searching for the desired 800 and 600 AoB's has become easier

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
May I ask u a question? how to find Shortcut window poistion?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why not start with the two most important ones? Unless you have figured out how to backport adjustable resolutions from DX9, you need to initialize the Gr2D interface to your new resolution so that the backbuffer is properly updated.
Code:

I still wish to keep these things private, so I will only note one last thing -- this is missing a memory allocation fix for generating application screenshots. This one I noticed was also missing in MapleMS as well (probably others too), so when you try to generate a screenshot it does nothing.
Code:
// CScreenShot::SaveFullScreenToJpg
0x00744DA6 + 1 = 4 * screenWidth * screenHeight

Update the two addresses I posted above to your new screen dimensions and your client will then open in those dimensions. Feel free to also use the additional address to fix a screenshot saving memory allocation problem.

with edit 0x00744DA6 + 1 = 4 * screenWidth * screenHeight , but show this:
Mr mr - All addresses for v83 resolution change - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any way to just quickly implement all of that code instead of just changing the values 1 by 1 with odbg110?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if i change this adress value cannot find proper 2d screen err occurs TT

Back