Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MSAuth for private servers

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So, there have been several tries to get rid of the maple auth system introduced in some version when kiki was still around (2011 or so). We've seen hacks inside the localhost to send password and then username in the auth/login packet (basically changing the token to the username inside the packet) and even DLLs that could do this trick to return the username instead of the token.
In addition of this, there were some private methods of getting the username inside the auth/login packet. Sorry for my release guys!
Now, finally, I release my public MSAuth server (or, I should call it NMAuth server) so you guys can just add a simple file inside the maplestory directory and launch the client. Note: no hacks are involved and the method is pretty simple: handle packets like the real server and send garbage back.

The sourcecode, however, will be private for the time being. This is because I don't want Nexon going all mad on this method (or should I? Would be fun to have a new challenge this year :D).
You can ask me for the source (golang, ofcourse), and we could also arrange a library/file that can do the same poop all on the client side (if you do not trust me or others, w/e).

SO.
THE CODE YOU HAVE TO PUT IN nmconew.ini IN THE MAPLESTORY DIRECTORY IS:
Code:
[Settings]
ServerIp=mc.craftnet.nl
ServerPort=47611
(Also a zipped variant is available here: View attachment nmconew ini.zip )

That's it. Basically, NMCO (Nexon Messenger stuff) will connect to my dutch server, and that sends back the username as the login token. This will give you the username (instead of the auth token) in the login packet.

Have fun, and if you got questions, ask me.

Greets, Erwin

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You made my year already. Thanks. I can spend the rest of the year laughing at how nexon left this option in without having to worry about the auth server no more. At least, for currently out versions, i bet this ini option will be gone soon.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You made my year already. Thanks. I can spend the rest of the year laughing at how nexon left this option in without having to worry about the auth server no more. At least, for currently out versions, i bet this ini option will be gone soon.

Well, none of them was expecting private servers XD

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
just don't know step to implement this,
just put the ini file into maplestory directory???
also thanks for the great release

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
@Rey, do you even know exactly what is going on? I feel like you're just commenting to be included or something.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this still working for anyone? It was working for me just an hour ago and now I can't login to my server anymore... I really hope it's just me and that it isn't patched :[

Edit: Clicking login freezes the client for a moment before it sends the message "Having trouble logging in? Try logging in at maplestory.nexon.net or visit the Nexon homepage to view support options."

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this still working for anyone? It was working for me just an hour ago and now I can't login to my server anymore... I really hope it's just me and that it isn't patched :[

Edit: Clicking login freezes the client for a moment before it sends the message "Having trouble logging in? Try logging in at maplestory.nexon.net or visit the Nexon homepage to view support options."

Same here, it allows you to go through intermittently though.
Just spam until you get through, kappa.

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Diamondo25 's server must be lagging then?

If you'd check it you'd notice. Craftnet indeed is having some issues. I'd advise running you own auth server to prevent this from occurring again in the future.

Here's the link for craftnet btw, clearly having some issues as of me posting:

Small edit for clarification: the main craftnet site works fine, it's just anything providing extra services like the mirrors for gmsdl and such.

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
poop, whatever is going on, I don't know. figuring out now...

Update: Ducking server disk suddenly killed itself. How convenient. If only I had backups of 700GB of (patch) data.

Sourcecode is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ij6b9ehilhvy9e2/NMServer_for_MSAuth.zip . Get it while you can

Back